OTTAWA GM MODE Discussion Ep. 12

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, May 14, 2015.

GM Superbman Should...

1. TRADE - Mcarthur, Hammond must go

185 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. Believe - Make Massive changes at draft but trust the team now

127 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Blow it Up - Mcarthur, Ward, Winnik, Neil, Phillips, Methot, Wingels, Chiasson, GONE

33 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. Coolwhip120

Coolwhip120 Rookie

Johnny, in my opinion, you should keep the roster the way it is. No team would realistically trade for 1st line players at this point in the season. Trade deadline day is usually just teams clearing cap or adding depth/picks.

IF you end up being FORCED to pick up a first line sniper, how has Jordan Eberle not been mention? That trade would be WAY more likely to happen considering Eberle is the odd man out in Edmonton, and with such a young roster, they could be looking for people with experience like MacCarthur.

I'd say MacCarthur, Chaisson, a 2nd round this year, and a second for next year to Edmonton for Eberle.

2. Connor McDavid 97

Connor McDavid 97 Rookie 2

Trade for Taylor Hall. An absolutely perfect fit for your team. You say it's not realistic... I would have to disagree. The Oilers have a ton of young forward talent. That list includes Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle, Nail Yakupov, and Leon Draisaitl. A perfect and realistic trade would be snatching Taylor Hall in exchange for Andrew Hammond (Edmonton has terrible goaltending), Clarke MacArthur (a semi-veteran leader to guide the youngsters in Edmonton), a defenseman of your choice (Edmonton lacks defense), and maybe even a good pick if that doesn't go through. There! Both teams are happy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. GandolfTheHonkey

GandolfTheHonkey Rookie 3

Johnny, If you DO end up trading Hammond, have you thought of your backup if Lehner gets injured? Sure you can trade for a decent backup, but that is just more trade value on the other team's side.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    KEEP THE TEAM THE SAME

4. Renz L

Renz L Rookie

Johnny. if you could trade for Valeri nichushkin(sorry for spelling). He's 21 yrs old and pretty good. Dallas has Benn and Seguin. Maybe you can just straight up trade MacArthur for him.

Like so Johnnny sees

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  5. Thomas Tatar

Thomas Tatar Rookie

Trade for me Johnny! I can snipe some goals for ya from the left side all day! Plus I'm pretty young, still developing player that fits well on your Ottawa Senators. I can't stand getting eliminated from the playoffs in the first round though!

6. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

TRADE EVERYONE BLAHUGOVASO. (I'm joking) (Maybe)

7. Bo Horvat 53

Bo Horvat 53 Rookie

What you should do is trade for Nyquist. Think about it, even though it doesn't seem realistic, it does in some sense. Tatar is locked up for cheaper for 2 more years. There's literally no difference between the two other than the fact that Nyquist is locked up for 2X Tatar's cap for 7 years. Their depth on the left side is too much and they get a replacement for Nyquist in Clarke. One of Nyquist/Tatar is currently playing on their third line and that's a waste. They will continue to be so for another 3 years, which is the time period in which Zetty will stay above 87. So, if one of them don't get out of Detroit, more than likely, their overalls will drop, which makes sense.

TL;DR: Nyquist makes just as much sense as Tatar and if one of them don't get traded out of Detroit they're being wasted on the 3rd line for another 3 years [AKA as long as Zetterberg is above 87].

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  8. Slapshot Tommy

Slapshot Tommy Superstar 3

I know the trade chat is winning but Johnny, I have watched enough of your videos and often agree with the moves you make. I feel you did the right thing, I have said I am not a fan of Clarke but I DO NOT like the idea of throwing a seasons worth of assets under the bus for what could turn out to be a season were we fall short and then we have to play catch up again. The team is there or there-abouts, no doubt. But Trading for one big player, is not going to bring us the cup at this particular cross roads.

Final Verdict: Hold off for the draft. We have a pick that would be SENSELESS to use willy-nilly for a knee jerk reaction in a season where we can still fall short. Rid of the contracts that are one year like Philips and hold out for Free Agency which I think a lot of people are forgetting about. We could have ourselves a Top 6 winger from there.

9. Caeden James

Caeden James Rookie

Hey Johnny, Something that I thought of today was maybe trading Turris for a Solid 2nd line Center and Bring Zibinajad up to the First line, the reason I'm saying this is because in my New Jersey Gm mode, Zibinajad went up to as high as 94 Overall, So if u put zibinajad on the first line, he's more likely to get better, but that only happens if u use him right

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Landesklog

Landesklog Rookie

johnny, i say go for tatar or nyquist. neither of them have outrageous trade value, plus theyre both young-ish. involve the hamburgler and macarther and a future pick (2nd or 3rd of 2020 or something). the future pick A) gives you time to recover and maybe get another pick in that year at the trade deadline in a year or two if you were so inclined and B) you will probably have your team be a stanley cup contender at that time so its not as vital for your team down the road. also if you use a 2nd, hockey gods willing, you might get a 3rd back.

11. NikotheSensFan

NikotheSensFan Superstar

Don't blow it up Johnny that'd be stupid. Trade MacArthur and Hammond for Nyquist, Hall or Boedker but only if it's attainable. Don't trade for them if you have to throw in high draft picks or prospects

12. Brandon Hope

Brandon Hope Rookie

Trade Macarthur and Hammond for Taylor Hall, throw a second in the mix if you need to, but a line of Turris, Ryan, and Hall would definitely give your team a lot of goal support.

13. GM yandle

GM yandle Rookie 2

You should trade zibanejad and macarthur for like a couture he will be awsome along with turris and ryan

14. Elyk

Elyk Rookie

Johnny you should trade for Hall, you say its unrealistic and Edmonton wouldn't trade hall but there have been Ottawa and Edmonton have apparently been discussing a trade for a while now and Ottawa wants a top 6-Forward and are interested in Hall and Eberle. This is why I think a trade for Hall would be realistic since Ottawa has actual interest in real life as well. At the very least I think you should give it some thought.

15. 48steelers

48steelers Rookie 3

Get Boedker he is younger than MacArthur. Also if you are concerned about the future that much trade Hammond for a backup and a high draft pick. Maybe a first or second rounder depending on who you get

16. Connor McDavid Boys!

Connor McDavid Boys! Rookie

It would make sens! XD

17. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

TBH It was a good idea not to trade for anybody. It's unlikely that you're going to get past the second round in the playoffs though, realistically speaking. Just continue the season, play Lehner at a 2:1 loss ratio, and leave me where I am. Provided we don't run into any more injuries this year, it'll be a decent playoff run.

Hammond needs to go at the draft though, for a REAL top-liner and some kind of a backup, like Brian Elliott and Tarasenko in :stl.

18. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

You're not serious, are you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. GriglyBearElite

GriglyBearElite Rookie

---------------------------------TᖇᗩᗪE ᕼᗩᗰᗰOᑎᗪ ᗰᗩᑕᗩᑌᖇTᕼᑌᖇ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗩ 3ᖇᗪ ᖴOᖇ ᐯOᖇᗩᑕEK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗩ 1ᔕT

20. GriglyBearElite

GriglyBearElite Rookie

ᗩᗪᗪ TᕼE ᗪᑌKE ᖴᖇOᗰ ᗩᖇI ᗩᑎᗪ ᗩᗪᗪ ᗩ 2ᑎᗪ ᖴᖇOᗰ OTT