Ottawa GM Mode Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Google

Google Rookie 2

For the lolz, Johnny should rip apart his roster, trade everyone and replace them with 70 overall players to test the simulation.

2. Slots

Slots MMMMMMMMMMMMMBOP LEGEND

3. Jagr69

Jagr69 Rookie 2

Johnny you need to start mackenzie or he wont get better.

4. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

Bad luck Johnny.
    MWAHAHAHAHAHAH Thanks for trading me to Edmonton with Connor McDavid :) :lol

Bitch please

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  5. Evgeni Crosby

Evgeni Crosby Rookie

sick fan art

Attached Files:

6. Chucky For 1st Line

Chucky For 1st Line Superstar

7. THE D

THE D Hall of Famer

Alex Pietrangelo was calling your name but you denied the man that would've help you get farther than you did with ****** Ceci

8. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

EA sim engine strikes again, Don't know what you could've done differently Johnny but Dadonov deserved the "A" on his jersey for his performance in the series

9. Saint Patrice

Saint Patrice 2BC Elite

Here are my thoughts on that disappointing exit:

1. Zibanejad and Dadonov were HUGE in the series, even though we lost. They need to stay if you retool.

2. After that choke job by Robin, Mac Savvy has a real shot at taking over as the starter. Play them as a tandem for some of next year, until one becomes the clear-cut starter.

3. Lindholm was nowhere to be seen where goals were concerned...he put up a lot of assists, but still, that's out of character for him.

4. Schwartz has a habit of disappearing when it counts. You may want to consider parting ways with him.

10. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

Pietrangelo wouldn't have made much of a difference. Long story short, your stars disappeared. Lehner got outplayed badly. Lindholm and Karlsson disappeared. Your top 6 did a grand total of a shit for that series outside of Zibanejad.

For next season: don't shake it up too much, maybe ship off someone on that top 6 for a better sniper. Schwartz was alright this season but Burakovsky has not grown and is not putting up the greatest numbers. I know you don't like the snipers and playmakers but getting someone who can be counted on for offensive contributions (not to let Dadonov's Carey The Team imitation go unnoticed) will help a ton. Even a TWF with good offense. But other than that, you were just the victim of a tilted sim engine.

11. Saint Patrice

Saint Patrice 2BC Elite

Let's give credit where it's due. Zibanejad made an impact....the other 5 were worthless, though.

12. Colin Cooper

Colin Cooper Pro 3

As a Sens Fan I hate to say that, but trade away Turris, Schwartz, Lehner and Stone. Where was Turris and Schwartz in the playoffs?Stone could drop in the offseason.

Also say thank you and good bye to Lehner. The time is ready for Savard.

Look for a 1. Line scoring beast.

13. pete

pete Rookie 2

Lehner GONE!!!!! Pavelski and Turris, GONE!!!! Stone, Smith, Abdelkatet, Edler, All GONE!!!!!! Wiercoch and Braun DONE!!!!!! 1rst 2nds 3rds PROSPECTS!!!! Future!!!! REBUILD REBUILD NOW!!!!! FROM THE OHL LIKE WHAT DON FREAKIN CHERRY SAID DO IT THIS TEAM IS AN UTTER EMBARRESMENT AND FAILURE SO TEAR IT DOWN!!!!! LET THE YOUTH MOVEMENT BEGIN IN OTTAWA!!!!! NOW IS THE TIME!!!!!

14. Chucky For 1st Line

Chucky For 1st Line Superstar

I know this might sound dumb, but I think you should TRADE lindholm. His trade value must be full or almost full, and you could probably get a serviceable top-2 dman (88-90) and a solid forward (87-89). If you need to, you can put Stone into the trade as well. Your team is stacked defensively (besides Lerner, but Savard wil be ready next year anyways) and your offence is lacking in top line firepower.

15. Johnny great year, it seems bad now but just look at the past this team won you two Presidents trophies and one Stanley cup. You have an always said you have a clutch team so keep the clutch team factor. Ottawa is missing the Alex Ovechkin, Jonathan Drouin, and or your Patrick Kane. Johnny you have a young team so keep the young team don't blow it all up and rebuild. Johnny I believe you should trade for Phil the Thrill Kessel. Don't forget about André Burakovsky and Jaden Schwartz One of them might turn into a solid LW for you. Trade your first in the next years draft your third two prospects with decent trade value and Mark Stone. Then put Phil on the first line with Pavelski and Schwartz move Turris down to play with Burakovsky and Zibanejad and have Turris play centre and Zibanejad play the wing. Dadanov played amazing on the third line so put him there instead of Mark Stone.

Tell me what you think

16. UKhockeyfan

UKhockeyfan Pro 2

Well that was a down to earth year!

This roster isnt good enough anymore, other teams have improved and we are no longer number 1. Its time for Savard to get his chance, so I would trade Lehner this year then sign a decent goalie (84 ovr?) from free agency who can potentially bail out Savard.

Lehner + Edler for a new Ottawa stud! Hoping Konecny grows to be a proper 2nd liner, keep Dadanov on 3rd with Lazar like the playoffs. To improve (make trade at pre season to make sure Savard grows), I think you need a new D-man, around 85/86 ovr (a younger version of Edler) plus a 3rd liner who can kill penalties.

17. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

Lol sorry it was late when I typed out that reply. Didn't have all my wits about me. I fixed it. :p

18. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

Well there goes the dynasty. That was a tough way to lose. I would say to keep the roster, except make a trade for a 88+ LW. Maybe you could trade Schwartz and Stone. This could also get Blidh to get 3rd line ice time as he DESERVES. Also here is a little help on KoekKoek

19. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

Agree.

But then again, Lindholm is a TWD.

Schwartz should go. Get Jake Virtanen from Vancouver.

20. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Retool! I say trade Kyle Turris. He's been a mediocre first liner and although he's been with the team a while, he needs to be moved to a team with a chance in coming years. And he needs to step aside for the new look Ottawa Senators. Konecny is growing and could handle the first line next year. So trade Turris for maybe a first rounder or a young stud. Also start phasing in some of the young grinders.