Ottawa GM Mode Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Mitch Delia

Mitch Delia Rookie

Johnny, you said before that your team is built from the Defensive side, that is true but look at what happened to your Sens this year they were kicked out in round 1 because of a lack of offense and goal scoring. Dont get me wrong everyone was chipping in, but where was Schwartz, Turris and even the super sweeds Karlsson and Lindholm they didnt real lead the team too well.

So this offseason, I'm proposing that you trade away draft picks and your first line of Turris Pavelski and Schwartz. Turris and Pavelski are going to be dropping off this year and will only make your chances of being a cup team harder and Schwartz has grown up to what we thought he would be, so its time we change that. You should try and trade with the teams that didnt make the playoffs and finished 25-30th in the league. Those teams probably want to drop off some of there big players and will take draft picks.

Or another way you can improve the team with is going after a high 80 or 90 Power Forward. You have every other type of player except for a Power Forard (Except for Stone but im not counting him) But you said before Power Forwards do score a lot and thats what you need on your team, a goal scorer. Do the same thing i said before trade away Turris, Pavelski or Schwartz for a Power Forward thats 87-90.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  2. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

koekkoek quack quack kookkook

3. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

I agree! In everything except the power forward. Trade Turris and Pavelski for first rounders. Konecny can play first line time. Actually maybe keep Pavelski. Even if he's only 86-87 he's still a solid player for one more year.

4. Mitch Delia

Mitch Delia Rookie

thats also true but Pavelski is 35 or 36 and his stats will start decreasinand i suggested a power forward because the team has snipers playmakers and 2 way forwards along with grinders the only power forward on the team is stone and he doesnt deserve a spot in the top 6 which is why Johnny placed him in the bottom six to give some more offense. So I want him to get a Power Forward thats 87-90 so that player can bring good body checking and score some goals

5. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Why not trade Turris for a 1st rounder and draft a stud power forward? It'd take 3 years and it's in no way a sure thing, but it's probably more realistic than trading for an 87-90 already developed player.

6. Mitch Delia

Mitch Delia Rookie

I see what your saying but if Johnny does draft a Power Forward he would probably not be able to use cause he is already going into year 7 and this Power Forward he drafts might not grow until year 10 or not even at all

7. HampusLindholm

HampusLindholm Rookie 3

Im so freaking good, now shut up and gimme the captaincy

8. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

True. And after that last episode, I don't think he'll do anything like either of our ideas.

9. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

Happy Savard grow to an 88 so there's no controversy about who starts. I like Callahan but he scammed you, oh well maybe he'll score a crucial goal for the :ott.

10. Nose Face Killah

Nose Face Killah Veteran

Trade lehner at the deadline with one of your top two centres for a legitimate #1 centre, as centre is your main hole at this point (top RW would be nice too, but centre is more important)

11. Apoc190

Apoc190 Veteran 3

Johnny you goof STOP TRADING FOR DEFENSEMEN You have an already established defencemen core,you need to get a STAR first line centre to improve the offense on your team that was clearly lackng in the playoffs. Not to mention you traded your number one centre away. If u keep trading for defencemen you wont get anywhere further cause OFFENSE is the thing that is lacking.OFFENSE johnny OFFENSE

12. Evgeni Crosby

Evgeni Crosby Rookie

joe pavelski is butthurt

Attached Files:

13. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

Hey, there's a fan art thread seperately. Just thought you might want to know

14. Hunter Shinkaruk

All right Johnny. Great trade for OEL. The current forward lines are okay, nothing special. The defensive core is fantastic, no need to cahnge anything.

Now, at the trade deadline, or perhaps a moth before, if Blidh doesn't perform, bundle Lehner and Blidh for a real first line winger at the trade deadline. Options include: Jake Virtanen from :van, Domi from :arz.

If Blidh does perform, just leave it. I predict a 2nd round exit this year, and plenty of injuries.

15. WickedWrister77

WickedWrister77 Rookie 2

Hopefully the signing of Callahan doesn't come back to haunt you when you could have gotten a younger more talented forward in Grimaldi.

16. CanadianHockey

CanadianHockey Pro 3

Johnny, I think you made a biggesh mistake regarding Mika and Lazar.

I recently redid my GM Mode with pretty much identical player ratings and potential.

After the first 3 years Lazar was an 85 Overall with a good offensive and defensive category

6 years in, he's 92 overall and had a ppg season with 94 defensive awareness

I'm pretty sure that the reason he grew was I stuck him with an offensive minded center and winger, while playing him literally everywhere (PP, PK, 4 on 4).

Mika, you should've traded for a more offensively gifted center to carry the wingers, or give him stronger offensive minded wingers. By that I mean players with high offensive categories but average or less than average defensive categories.

Your wingers are not strong enough despite the amazing defensive core.

17. ramraqo

ramraqo Rookie

Leave the lines as they are if blidh holds back the 1st line put konecny up there. Maybe trade schwartz for somebody who at least participates in playoff games

18. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hah! I won the cup with Edmonton! Take that bitches!

19. Kate Upton

Kate Upton Legend 3

Johnny thanks for all the memories over the 9 year span of the Ottawa Senators GM Mode it sucks that the simulation failed you but it doesnt mean you guys were a bad team. Over that 9 year span you won 5 president trophies. No GM has ever been able to do that. So it was the simulation that made you lose, it wasnt you.

20. Wait 5 presidents 9 years did i miss a live stream