OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 16 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, May 30, 2015.

1. bsmart1234

bsmart1234 Rookie

look at mann dixion form la

2. Elyk

Elyk Rookie

Johnny, sign Kyle Okposo, he fits into the age group of your team and I have a feeling that Hoffman and/or stone might not end up getting any better than 84 overall unfortunately

3. I would recommend signing Okposo for the 2nd line because it doesn't look Hoffman or Stone will both grow to an 85+. An 85 overall and two 84 overall's is a mediocre 2nd line. Okposo would be a nice upgrade and he fits in the age group.
    -Pierre

4. Jays14

Jays14 Rookie

get frederick anderson and flieschman

5. Hoverhand

Hoverhand Bernie Sanders Enthusiasts

Thomas Fleischmann only wants 1.5 and he is an 83 overall 3rd line scorer perfect depth for a top 6 injury also David booth also only wants 900k and is a third line checker. that's two depth 3rd line guys for 2.4 those two combined are cheaper than abdelkader, spaling, bergenheim and conacher the other notable depth forwards. you can save roughly 8 million to improve your team in anyway and fill your holes.

6. BarackObama

BarackObama Rookie

Johnny, Go after one of the 3, Either Kesler, Anderson, or Okposo. Over all of your GM Modes from the past couple of years I have learned something about you, YOU DONT MAKE FREE AGENCY SPASHES, but I want to see one now, you have more than enough cap to sign one. I think Kesler is only needed if you are in complete win now mode, but Anderson is the best way too go bc you need major Goalie fixes and you have an opening, if you sign him then trade one of your goalies for some botom 6 and depth, or with Okposo you can add some major fire power to your team

7. SlapShotSniper

SlapShotSniper Rookie

I understand the salary cap issue so you should trade lehner anywhere get spurgeon and a forward play 3 games see what happens then go from there

8. TheBigPavelski98

TheBigPavelski98 Rookie

Johnny you can't pass on Kesler. I mean he is a big star, just look at what Kopitar did for Arizona...

9. Harley Cappawana

Harley Cappawana Rookie

You said that the Sens needed depth, so go after depth! You have a top 6 of Turris, Hall, Ryan, Stone, Hoffman, and Zibanejad. So, by getting Kesler, that would force Zibanejad to play third line, and his growth may be stunted by less playing time. Or, getting Okposo would hurt Stone on the right wing, and just like Zibanejad, his growth may be stunted. You are in need of a third line right wing.
    Nick Spaling is great for the third line. Also, he's one of the younger third liners in FA, beside Sean Bergenheim and Justin Abdelkader. He is 27, so he may still grow a little bit, if any. On top of that, he's asking for $2.775 Million, which is significantly lower than that of Abdelkader or Bergenheim, who are both asking for upwards of $3M.

10. Ben love joy

Ben love joy Rookie

Please sign me I would love to go to Ottawa I think me and the team both have a good future ahead of it

11. 97 Connor McDavid

97 Connor McDavid Rookie 3

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Johnny I know that most people want u to make a big splash in free agency with signing the like of Ryan Kesler, Kyle Opkoso and Fredrik Anderson but I wouldn't sign these players because a real gm would build from the inside and if u sign these players u would have to trade drafted Ottawa Senators.

Ryan Kesler= He would not fit on our team because then u would have to thade Zebonajad who has been a great player for u espicially in the playoffs u would also have to put turris on the second line which would ruin the chemistry because the first line would then be Snp-twf-Snp and the second line would be ply-ply-pwf and also Kesler would the 6/10 million dollars of cap space so it would be harder to sign depth players

Kyle Okposo= He wants about 6.3 mil and that is too much , it would not let you sign depth players Okposo dosent fit in because u allready have 2 first line wingers in hall and Ryan which would mean he would have to play on the second line and that is overkill for a team that is not going for the Stanley cup right now. Also this signing would force either Hoffman or Stone to be traded or moved to the third line. These are 2 senators that have been consistent 50 point scorers which is very good and they can both jump to 86-87 this offseason because of great seasons.

Fredrik Anderson= TOO MUCH MONEY 7.2 mil is wanted and if other teams want him u might have to pay him almost 8 mil for 4 years this would also mean u would have to trade lehner who has been a solid goalie for us for the past years. I know that the media is asking u to trade lehner because of 1 BAD PLAYOFF GAME. And being a leafs fan I think they r acting just like toronto's media. Be patient with lehner and he will progress I have seen him get up to 90 overall.

U have 10 mil of cap space I suggest u get abdelkater and stoll for the bottom six and McBain for if Phillips drops[/COLOR]

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  12. Justin Abdlekader

Justin Abdlekader Rookie

Get me! I'll win a cup for you I'm the real great 8.

13. Crazyguy85

Crazyguy85 Rookie

You just talked bout a really good 1 2 punch down the middle, for a Stanley cup team. I'd say go for Backes or Kesler on a 2 year deal (he can trade at the draft) and if it doesn't work out you could trade them at the deadline or draft. Plus you can still sign depth, cause you have 10 mill

14. SpookDarkness

SpookDarkness Pro 2

The most realistic thing to do in free agency would be to sign 2 bottom 6 wingers and a top 6 defender. Abdelkader is a must sign I've done multiple gm modes and he always is a productive player. I'd like bergenheim or Fleischmann or Spaling (only 27) for the other they are older players that add some veteran presence to the sens seeing how that's what the team is lacking in my opinion if you're going for a realistic team. Sign any of them for 2 years. The only fwd over 30 that is a definite starter is ward and he's about to go downhill at 35 and Dadanov should replace him in year 4. Defense needs to replace Phillips he's 38 and has 3 star potential on his way down. Sign Clitsome only defenseman worth signing for the 6 spot. Also sign 1 last depth fwd, Gerbe is cheap for 81 overall and wants to be a depth fwd. STAY AWAY FROM BIG CONTRACTS JOHNNY this team just needs pieces not 1 player like Kesler, okposo, or andersen although it'd be sweet to have the only goalie to start in the nhl from Denmark haha.

15. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

Alrighty. So, Johnny, what you need to do here is to sign Frederik Andersen. At 88 overall and only 26 years old, he can start and Lehner can be the backup and we can release Scrivens and his pricey contract (relatively speaking). Another thing, you don't really need another defenseman. If Phillips really drops off, then just replace him with Bartkowski or Schlemko.

Put the cash instead on Justin Abdelkader, or, if you want a cheaper contract, Tomas Fleischmann for two years at the 3rd line LW role.

16. Eric Staal

Eric Staal Rookie

Maybe go after Quincey or Gunnarson to replace Phillips and then sign Fleischmann, Abdelkader, or Conacher

17. pfm66

pfm66 Rookie

Johnny i think you should get okposo and anderson if you want to win the cup this year. Also trade lehner and CHECK THE FREE AGENCY FOR PROSPECTS!!!!!!

18. Austin Perron

Austin Perron Rookie 2

Everyone is saying pick up Freddy Andersen, I agree with it. However Okposo is another great option to increase your goal scoring. Ryan Kesler is also available, picking him up wouldn't fit in your team tho. For a good playoff run in most scenarios a good goalie is key. Andersen can become that goalie and he is still growing, you can trade Lehner in a couple of years when the goalie just drafted becomes NHL ready.

19. Doctor Batman

Doctor Batman Rookie 2

Sign Freddy Andersen, you need at least one goalie playing for the AHL.

20. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

To everyone saying sign Anderson and trade Lehner, Anderson's a good starting goalie but trading way Lehner in the year two off season means all three goalies Ottawa starts with (Anderson, Hammond and Lehner) left in two years