OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 17 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 4, 2015.

1. TexasDemon

TexasDemon Rookie 3

7,5 Million for a 26 year old 88 Goalie is too risky? Even when he is not performing, or Savard explodes over the year, the Tradevalue form Anderson will get you a Top 5 Pick.

You always ask for improvements, but you killed it with a fake Mail from the Owner. That sucks

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Tyler Johnson

Tyler Johnson Rookie

I say get rid of Winnik I'm pretty sure last year he was a -7 use him in the other trades the other analyst are saying .

3. Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger Rookie

Johnny needs to draft Zod or the no. 1 ranked goalie Captain America!

4. Dustin Penner

Dustin Penner Rookie 2

5. ClevelandBrown

ClevelandBrown Rookie

General Zod comes back from the phantom zone

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Head Analyst

Head Analyst Rookie

A young stud has ben dominating, both physically and statistically, in the North Korea Hockey League, so much that teams have been risking their scouts' life by sending their scouts to see this guy live. He is said to be the next generational player. His name is Johnny General Zod, and not drafting him would result in the fanbase in Ottawa leaving to support the team that drafts him, therefore, lowering the budget tremendously, leading to the decline in the quality of the Ottawa Senators. Drafing this guy is a must if Ottawa expects to win a cup in the next 25 years.

The fate of the Senators' future lies in the hands of GM Superbman. Follow the #Zodwatch on this forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Nevvy

Nevvy Rookie 3

Bring up Fontaine leave condra as a scratch trade greening for a 3rd or 4th round draft pick to a team like Arizona who needs depth. Greening is worse defensively than condra and Fontaine could play with lazar

8. BlueBull

BlueBull General Manager

Get Dadanov Up To the NHL And Do A trade For Buffalo's First So you Can Get General Zod And Evgeni Dadanov For The Future!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. TheIronSchrade

TheIronSchrade Rookie 2

Johnny, put Mark Stone and Mike Hoffman on the third line because thats where they are supposed to play. You play them on the second line they won't grow, but possibly if you put them on the 3rd line stone could grow. Idk about Hoffman since he's 26 but stone is 23 so he still has some time to grow.

10. Sauce

Sauce Rookie

Johnny, go after Auston Matthews. He is a great young player and with 4 1/2 green star potential. He is almost guaranteed to get better. He is a phenomenal player in real life. A good, scoring center. And he has som size in him so it only helps ;). If you can make it possible. Go after him.

11. David Clarkson84

David Clarkson84 Rookie

Johnny, if you wanna even think about winnin the cup, you gotta trade for yo' old buddy, davey clarkson. Since you never read youtube comments this is the only way I will reach you. Ottawa needs some good ol' canadian boys as Lazar isn't cutting it. All these girly diving swedes need to go. Trade for and I'll add grit and heart. I know how much you love me so don't disappoint <3 David Clarkson

12. Sterweror

Sterweror Rookie

I for one did like the idea of having a salary cap set by the owner. However the timing was the worst possible as we couldn't give opinions for the situation Ottawa is in.

For example if I'd known the 67 million cap, I think one good move would have been to trade Methot and his 4.9M cap for a cheaper defenseman and then go for one of the bigger UFAs (Kesler, Okposo, Spurgeon or Andersen). But that is too late now. Especially with the lower team budget I would recommend trading Methot. Paying almost five millions to your fifth best defenseman is not a good deal. As pointed out earlier Ottawa has too many third liners. I would trade one of them (Wingels maybe) with Methot for example for either a top6 forward and a cheaper d-man or top4 d-man and fourth line forward.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  13. InfamousBlade

InfamousBlade Rookie

I believe that you should trade Scrivens for some draft picks to free up some space. You should also give Lehner another year before you trade him (if he doesn't get better trade him). And Borowiecki is pronounced like Boro Ves Ki

14. JetFuel

JetFuel Rookie

try and acquire that yan guy, and package hall+lehner for a 88/89 goalie and a decent left wing. the impact of losing ~20 points on the wings would be remedied by not allowing about 50 extra goals.

also, continue to roll karlsson and ceci on the top pairing. next year he should go to 87 and top out at 89, but try to acquire a kronwall-esque player in the fact they're old but can fill in on the top 4. trade this defenseman when you package up for general zod or a right wing prospect

15. JetFuel

JetFuel Rookie

when i say trade for a good goalie,i mean someone like miller or lehtonen who are great goalies now but when savard is ready they will be declining/already declined and can be traded.

16. TheHolySlapper

TheHolySlapper Veteran

This one so much! It's the time to put some trust on Lazar, he's better offensively than Braun or Methot. He has a solid base to grow good top-6 all-around center, but first he needs playing time.

17. Reilly Scully

Reilly Scully Rookie

I think you should play Matt Green in the 6th defenseman spot instead of Phillips

18. PotatoPeeler

PotatoPeeler Rookie 3

Trading Lehner because of one bad game seems highly unrealistic. So it's obvious that you should keep him and see how he performs this season. I also agree that Cici should be paired with Karlsson and move Wiercioch to the second pairing. That also seems more realistic and would probably help Cici grow.

As for the rest of the team, I think you're fine with the squad you have now. Give it a month or two to see how they perform before you start listing to the analysts who wants to trade everyone on the team before you've even started the season.

19. bubbahaber

bubbahaber Rookie

Johnny, I thought that was pretty shitty of you to just diss all of the suggestions you got like that. That free agency could have been huge for the Ottawa Senators future, as well as immediately making them a great team. But, I do believe your heart was in the right place because you are just trying to make an exciting series for your fans. Stay awesome Johnny!

20. StevenNHL

StevenNHL Rookie

Johnny darts maple syrup