OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 18 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

What Should we do boys? Stick it out or make a trade?

2. Jack Myer

Jack Myer Hall of Famer 3

It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to Tank for Zod, or make a playoff run? This is a rough start to the year, and I think it's safe to say Robin Lehner is not the guy for the future. At this point he's 25, so he's pretty much done getting better. And he's playing terribly, even with a decent defensive core in front of him. It's your choice, but I think trading one of your 3.5 yellow star defenseman prospects like Lanoue or LeBlanc and a 2nd round pick for a legitimate starting goalie wouldn't be a terrible idea.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  3. MapleHawk

MapleHawk Legend 3 PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

Both. Stick with the team then close to the trade deadline, make a trade.
    Hall-Ryan-Turris will produce soon but I think you should see how Lehner plays and your defense.
    Trades would be getting a d-man and maybe getting Kuemper.
    Tanking for Zod would be an option but might be bad for your team as the penalties will galore.
    YouTube is for entertainment so getting Zod would be funny.

Overall, trade deadline would be the time for acquisitions.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. Banana

Banana Legend 3

Instead of moving Hall down, move Ryan down. Clearly he isn't playing like a top line guy. It also seems like the Hall-Zibanejad-Hoffman line is doing really well. I'd move that line to the top line and move Stone-Turris-Ryan down that way the line that's getting you points is getting more ice time.

Looking at Scrivens' stats (1-1 1.51 GAA) I'd give him a few starts and see how he does. It might not be the change you need, but it may help you out until you can find a new goalie. I'd package Lehner & Abdelkader for a better starter. I suspect Abdelkader would have a decent trade value and he has really done just been a nuisance on the team ever since you picked him up.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Barzy

Barzy Hall of Famer 3 LEGEND

Johnny if you would have listened to us you would be doing better

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

I would wait a couple of months before making a trade, way too early. If Lehner is still doing bad, then I would get a Luongo type goalie to improve your chances of making the playoffs. Or, you could completely tank the team in order to get General Zod and start your rebuild from there! Dadanov and General Zod on the same line would be awesome.

7. BoHorvat

BoHorvat Superstar 3

Darcy Keumper eh? Hopefully he will get better if you pick him up. Unlike Arizona with the Visitien curse.

8. Reimer34

Reimer34 Rookie

I would sick it out. All goalies have bad games and you are only a month in. See if Lehner continues to play the way he is and then make some decisions. Remember you kept him for a reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. x--synister--x

x--synister--x Rookie 2

If you avoided making the move before, you should just stick with your plan. Tank for Zod or enjoy him going to the Leafs :tml and career ending Karlsson first time you play them. Besides, you are taking all the credit if the team does bad this year, right? ;)

10. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

Johnny,

I go back to the trade for Taylor Hall. Yes the "anal-ysts" wanted a trade and complaining that you weren't dealing Macarthur but had you kept Hammond and Macarthur yes your first line would suffer but Macarthur being 85 overall you're not gonna expect as big of a production as you would from 89 overall Taylor Hall (i'm a sceptic as to how useful Hall will be in the future considering his lack of production yr 2 and yr 3).

having Hammond now, you'd have your switching goalies rotation just fine, Puemple would be skilled enough to probably play 4th line (if necessary). Macarthur would probably have dropped an overall or 2 in the off season leaving an opening for either stone or hoffman on the first line. Seeing how well your depth scoring is this season that might actually be plausible. I rest my case that the analysts simply wanted a trade for the sake of trading.

20/20 vision in hindsight

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. Nevvy

Nevvy Rookie 3

Switch ceci and wiercicoch then sim and see what happens until the all-star break

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Carey price 31

Carey price 31 Rookie

Johnny you have to get me

• Dumb Dumb x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Christian Patterson

Christian Patterson Rookie

Thank god he didnt. There was no need to pick those players up.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Mike Yeo

Mike Yeo Rookie 2

If you had signed Freddy Andersen you would have beat the Panthers ;) But in all seriousness, your goalie situation needs to be better. Make a move at the draft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. Marcus Wolf

Marcus Wolf Rookie

I think you are making the right call trying to build your team around your young core, instead of throwing away too much cash in free agency on long term deals. The best thing you can do now is try to get the offense going with Hall and Ryan, let Lehner and Scrivens (he is ok as a backup) fight for the starts, continue draft good and you will have a great future ahead. This team have already shown that it can make it to the playoffs and compete. Filling up your prospects pool is a better bet for this team then get a rental player.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. codycmd16

codycmd16 Rookie

Get Bobby Luuuuu, he'll retire this at the end of this year, or next year. hes got low trade value, easy snag. He has the poise for it. Bring Luuuu to Ottawa

17. KingCor

KingCor Rookie 3

Bring in Luongo. Scrivens and a pick should get it done. Sure the contract sucks, but he'll retire after this season or next, when ideally Lehner improves and takes a full hold on the starters job, or Savard is ready to take over the reigns.

You guys are playing dangerous hockey. Barely squeaking out wins, blowing leads, getting outshot. I mean, we saw this irl with the Leafs!

Should this continue, we might see GM Superbman removed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  18. Henrik Zetterberg

Henrik Zetterberg Rookie

I think you go after Miller or Luongo. It's safe to say that Lehner isn't a good goalie for Ottawa at this time, it's better to trade now before you get too many regulation losses that you can't go for the playoffs. Also, I wouldn't go for Kuemper because it would be a similar situation as when you had Hammond and Lehner. It would just cause another goaltender debate, something Ottawa doesn't need with Savard 2-3 years away from playing in the NHL.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  19. Lallaninho

Lallaninho Rookie

Hall-Zibenajed-Hoffman worked well the problem is Turris and Ryan, neither of them are producing at the rate you want them to. You either trade one of them or keep both and see how they go. I say you keep them until the trade deadline and then make a trade; keep in mind Ryan is getting older. There are better goalies out there as well, Kuemper isn't good enough IMO.

20. BlueBull

BlueBull General Manager

DUMP IT MAN, Get Malcom Subban For Lehner And A 2nd, Then Get Rid Of Joel Ward And your First For An Arizona 1st!!! We Want Zod!!

• Disagree x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List