OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 18 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Real_Burkio

Real_Burkio Rookie 2

Johnny,

Don't make a trade for a goalie. Specifically any of the options you have mentioned. Trust your vision and wait and see how your team rebounds. Start giving Scrivens more games and trust Lehner will rebound back. You will have a better idea to where your team is come the All-Star Break, or trade deadline where then you can decide if you are a buyer or seller.

Regards,

Burkio.

P.S. If you do decide to bring in Luongo, please make them retain salary.

2. TheRussianRocket

TheRussianRocket Rookie

Don't make any trades right now. Its too early in the season to blow up or go all in. Wait, and sim some games and I would say make your decision at the trade deadline. If your not in the playoffs or barely in 8th or 7th, blow it up and start the rebuild because the draft looks deep. If your in the top 3 and comfortable in the playoffs then make a move to try to win it all. Don't try to make it in the playoffs just to get kicked out in the first or second round.

3. Jesus

Jesus Guest

Trade for Luongo. His trade value isn't that high and will retire after this year or you can trade him at the draft. He's a cheap rental for a playoff run.

4. JetFuel

JetFuel Rookie

If this episode wasn't indicative of Lehners exploits, He needs to be gone. I said it once and I'll say it again, it is completely worth it to acquire a 88-89 overall goalie as it allows Savard to slide into the NHL instead of being thrown into the fire. Lehtonen and Schneider are completely legitimate options, and should be able to be had for a 1st+decent prospect+Lehner.

Something else that should be done is move Braun for a more offensive minded defenseman. Typically the bottom pair and the 3rd-4th lines are the shutdown ones, so Braun makes no sense. You could accquire D Ryan Ellis or if you really want to hit for the fences, Brodin from Minnesota.

And, if I may add, your defense and forwards age group is more of a win now age, so I would really consider shopping Stone and Hoffman for better wing depth (example: Andrew Ladd from Winnipeg or Jason Pominville from Minnesota)

MacArthur, Hoffman, Stone, and Braun should be your main trade pieces.

5. Slapshot Tommy

Slapshot Tommy Superstar 3

HOOOOWEEEE Lehner left a doodee in the bed eh?
    Ship him Johnny. He started the season being shutout, ON TOP of the 6-0 crushing in the playoffs. That's slack.

Also, you need to keep an eye on Old Captain Philips in case he's dropped. It may do no harm to have Greene in for a month, see how things pan out and then you can throw the kitchen sink at trades to turn things around.

6. Arizzo32

Arizzo32 Guest

Johnny you gotta trade for Luongo, he is bascially a 1-2 year rental because of his age and impending retirement so the contract isnt an issue. So trade Scrivens and a 2nd for him because then you can keep Lehner on the team without him costing the team points

7. Cody73

Cody73 Pro

Johnny....

If you do indeed decide to make a trade, I think Turris should be dealt. That 1st line is jusy not getting it done, and you need a shakeup. Deal Turris, get a good Defensive Cdenter and a 3rd pairing OFD around 81/83. That will help you out dramatically.

8. Bob Mackenzie

Bob Mackenzie Rookie 2

Johnny, i see why you want to pick up a better goalie, you lost hammond and anderson and you are relying on lehner. But he isn't play well enough. I would say trade him. But don't get a superstar goalie at age 30. Trade for a goalie around the same age at 85 or 86 overall. But don't be hasty, it was only the first month. Let's see if he can play to his potential

9. Restonp

Restonp Rookie

This probably won't make sense but you should tough it out trade lehner and see if you can sag zod up as well.

10. Harley Bolton

Harley Bolton Rookie

he does listen, however it's... HIS team

11. Chris Kreider20

Chris Kreider20 Rookie 3

guys lets start a hashtag #tankforzod we want :zod
    :zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:dad:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod:zod
    2 villains 1 team
    :zod&:dad
    BOTH TO :ott

12. Icecrafter105

Icecrafter105 Veteran 2

I say if I had to, go after Darcy Kuemper. He has low trade value so doing something like giving up Ben Scrivy and whoever else/pick should make a trade go through. Also, he has two years left unlike Luongo who I believe had seven. Also, Kuemper's contract wouldn't cost as much as Luongo or Miller, going back to not having much cap to work with.

13. Johnny, if you really want more offense you have to trade one of Turris or Ryan. Over the course of this series, Ryan has scored 63 goals and 136 points in 170 regular season games, which isn't awful but also isn't that good for an 89 overall player. Meanwhile, Turris has scored just 41 goals and 118 points in 172 games, which is not very good for someone who has played the last two years alongside Ryan, Karlsson and Hall. I would suggest trading one of Ryan and Turris (I'd recommend dealing Turris) for a player with great passing like Nick Backstrom.

14. Cody73

Cody73 Pro

Gonna reply, Biz.

I agree here that Turris should go, but I can't see Johnny going after a top C like Backs. I see him going out and getting a good defensive minded C for the middle.

15. Coach Mike Yeo

Coach Mike Yeo Rookie

Dear coach Johnny. Take Darcy Kuemper from me! I don't want that piece of crap on my roster. I have Dubnyk, the best goalie in the NHL. So I'm going to try to get Kuemper out of Minnesota. He would be perfect for Ottawa. A bad goalie going to an even worse team.
    -Love, Mike Yeo
    P.s. Minnesota will win the Stanley cup!

16. Icecrafter105

Icecrafter105 Veteran 2

Pffft what about the start of this season (IRL)

17. Coach Mike Yeo

Coach Mike Yeo Rookie

Ill figure it out.... I always do!
    BECAUSE I'M MIKE YEO!!!

18. Icecrafter105

Icecrafter105 Veteran 2

Yeah, I'll admit, you can make your players do anything

19. Coach Mike Yeo

Coach Mike Yeo Rookie

But after that did we go to the playoffs? Hell yeah we did! :)

20. Icecrafter105

Icecrafter105 Veteran 2

Like I said, you can make them do anything, with that being a prime example.