OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 18 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Coach Mike Yeo

Coach Mike Yeo Rookie

Thank you Icecrafter that the type of attitude that I like!

2. flamesfan01

flamesfan01 Rookie

trade lehner get a good goalie like holtby,anderson etc

3. Icecrafter105

Icecrafter105 Veteran 2

I think you mean Andersen as in Frederik Andersen. Correct?

4. Keegan Bradley

Keegan Bradley Rookie

Hey Johnny, Like what you're doing with the GM mode but don't believe Lehner is good enough to give you a playoff run if that's what you're planning on. Trade him for a proven starting goalie. If you don't plan on playoffs this season keep Lehner

5. nhltimes2

nhltimes2 Rookie

johnny i think u should sim one more month then if its not good trade because iv been doing a sim of nhl 15 gm and did the same moves u have . things got better for me .

6. Connor Brown

Connor Brown Rookie

7. SergeantShaft

SergeantShaft Rookie

I think you got to get a better goaltender. I believe your other lines are fine for now so don't go to crazy with the trades. Also keep Karlson and Ceci on the same line. Ceci will grow better and I am behind even if you can't be a cap team. The true Ottawa fans understand. In superbman we trust.

8. flamesfan01

flamesfan01 Rookie

yah

9. Ryan Getzgoals

Ryan Getzgoals Rookie

Johnny at this point we've all seen Lehner not come up big for Ottawa in the 3rd period and it's happened on many occasions. If he's going to keep giving up these ridiculous goals in the 3rd period your going to need to do something about it. I say you should trade Lehner and pick up Luongo because he's 87 rated and even though he has 6 years left on his contract he'll retire soon, like you said. Johnny you better make a decision quick before you get thrown out of office!

10. Mambuu

Mambuu Rookie 2

Johnny won't do any trades. He trusts the team by not signing any stars, doesn't he? Signing anyone would fight against his own logic.

11. TheHolySlapper

TheHolySlapper Veteran

12. Jordan Eberle

Jordan Eberle Rookie

MacArthur is already gone

13. JetFuel

JetFuel Rookie

whos the 3rd line lw

probably greening or someone

14. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

15. Reilly Scully

Reilly Scully Rookie

You should wait on getting a new goalie this early in the season. There is still a lot of time of for Lehner to turn it around. If you do get a new goalie I would recommend getting Darcy Keumper. His contract is in a good spot being only $1.25 for 2 years and he may still grow being that he is only 26. No need to make a move yet, but maybe around the all-star break would be a good time to trade if you are going to.

16. Capitan Keith

Capitan Keith Rookie 2

I think that for a lot of teams that go through something like game 6 last year it is important to keep all the you g players but get veteran leadership. My suggestion was kesler. But you let him get away. However! There are still first line centers out there. That is the difference between the Senators and a team that goes far. They all have great centers like you said. You want to bring the cup to ottawa so what you do is because you dont want Zibanejad to play on the third line, trade him while he still has value cause he wont get better. Get a guy like Jeff Carter who has won a cup, is ending his career soon and wants to play in Canada again. And also that $67 million thing was a **** move johnny. We want realism in the sense that you arent trading puempel for hall. We dont want it to be just like real life. We all think it is fun to see a team really come together you let the chance slip away.

17. HolyToffoli73

HolyToffoli73 Rookie

Johnny,

This team isn't Stanley Cup ready. It may be a playoff team, but this isn't a team that has the build to guarantee hardware, and adding a higher overall goaltender isn't going to change that. With that being said, it makes no sense to move out high value assets for a goaltender like Ryan Miller just for the sake of making playoffs, especially because even WITH him you have no guarantee of a deep run. I say move out Scrivens and an older bottom sixer for Kuemper (maybe a third if that doesn't work, but teams have given up third goaltenders for less, such as Arizona tossing Kuemper's replacement Mr. Dubnyk over for just a third) and then let Kuemper and Lehner share time as the number one goaltender for the time being. If you DO want to upgrade that goaltending situation, then Luongo IS a viable option, just keep in mind that it isn't uncommon for some of those players to play until they're 43, and being stuck with that heavy of a contract on someone who may turn into an AHL goalie will legitimately hold back your team. Teams in Be a GM make it to playoffs with 86 goaltenders all the time, you don't need an elite tendy between the posts to pursue the season that you want.

18. HockeyJ

HockeyJ Rookie

I say wait until the end of the month, then see where you are going from there. If Lehner is still struggling with the rest of the team, then I say trade him away for a better starter. On an off-note, I really like the real time simulation as opposed to the regular simulation during the regular season.

19. Reymjard

Reymjard Rookie 3

If you want a cup, you'll need a real 1st line center, another productive winger, a top defenseman to play with Karlsson and an Elite Goaltender, you have the goalie potential in Savard, and Konecky and Dadonov might be you're guys for that 1st line, if not, well you'll need to make some trade, for that elite defenseman, I can't say where you can find one there's only one defenseman in the top 10 and after year 2 it's pretty rare you're getting a legit top 2 defenseman in the top 10

20. Zac Carlson

Zac Carlson Rookie

Hey Johnny I think you should make a trade, you should trade Turris he isn't playing to his potential and you can get a much better 1st line center that can produce for you team