OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 19 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 10, 2015.

What should we do at the deadline?

1. Stay Patient with this group

42 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. Trade Prospects such as Dadonov, Konecny, Savard for a CUP run NOW!

10 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Trade Veterans such as Ward, Wingels, Methot, Phillips for draft picks

83 vote(s)
    53.5%
  4. Add Depth with 2nd, 3rd picks & 3.5 gold prospects

20 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

HAHA Good things come to those who wait. Now look at our team, playing great without any huge contracts from free agents. Now we have the flexibility we need to make a move at the trade deadline. So what should we do?

• Like Like x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  2. hockeybeast1114

hockeybeast1114 Rookie

Johnny I have three things to sayTANK FOR ZOD #TankForZod #ZodNation #ZodIsAreTrueLeader

• Disagree x 7
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • List
  3. Komarov for Captain

Komarov for Captain Rookie 3

Don't make a decision you will regret. No specific players deserve to get traded. Set your trade block for depth players and to give away low picks and let teams come to you.

• Agree x 5
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • List
  4. HoPE x NaSHTY61

HoPE x NaSHTY61 Let's Go Rangers!!!

Stone= 8G 21A 29PTS ( 43 GP )
    Hall= 11G 15A 26PTS ( 43 GP )
    Ryan= 12G 14A 26PTS (43 GP )
    Turris 12G 13A 25PTS (43 GP )
    Zibanejad= 7G 16A 23PTS ( 43 GP )
    Hoffman= 11G 12A 23PTS (38 PG )
    Karlsson= 6G 12A 18PTS ( 38 GP )

The next 20 games

Stone=5G 9A 14PTS
    Hall= 5G 7A 12PTS
    Ryan= 10G 11A 21PTS
    Turris= 9G 10A 19PTS
    Zibanejad= 4G 5A 9PTS
    Hoffman= 6G 5A 11PTS
    Karlsson=6G 20A 26PTS

Karlsson Ryan and Turris helped with that spark offensively

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Turris has 19 points in his last 20 games while Ryan has 21 points in his last 20 games. I would still recommend looking at trading for a Top 6 center. Zibanejad has just 32 points in 63 games thus far. He could be holding back Hall who has also struggled mightily this season. You don't necessarily need to trade Zibanejad to make this deal. Could go after Thornton or even Sedin if you're willing to give up a little bit more.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Cyotes fan

Cyotes fan Rookie 2

Trade Ward and a second for Thornton and put him on first line center and move Turris to the left Put Stone on the third line with Lazar but. keep him on the PP and take Hoffman off I think you should stick with Lehner for this year and let the deffence do its job.

7. PappyWTF

PappyWTF Guest

Johnny you NEED to trade for Mark Arcobello on Edmonton's AHL team. Hes 79 overall and his trade value is practically nothing. The reason is he has a 5 star puck skills category and he helps your AHL team so much, this will help your young players like Konecny and Dadonov get better sooner. I noticed you have problems with young players getting their growth stunted this while definitely help, especially how your player progression was not very impressive in this video.

• Agree x 12
    • Creative x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  8. Nevvy

Nevvy Rookie 3

Scratch ward bring in Fontaine you are having trouble scoring and Fontaine is a sniper

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

Johnny, long story short, you're not a stanley cup contender. You've got a decent team but not a team that can consistently head deep in the playoffs. I'm not sure I like that "HAHA" attitude from your post in this thread as the whole picture changes once you get in the playoffs. You haven't advanced past the 2nd round. If you want to go further, you need to get a legitimate goalie. Some 85s can be Cup goalies (Brandon Hope is an excellent example even though he was 86), but Lehner clearly isn't and he's not growing either. You also need to move Ceci up to the 1st line with Karlsson as he has decent offense. Depth-wise you're fine but in EA's game a 1st line center would be vital to success. No offense to Kyle Turris, but he's not a legitimate 1st-liner. Next would be to improve the 2nd line. Hoffman is fine for that 2nd line because he's a PLY but Stone needs to be moved down. 84 + PWF doesn't mix well for the 2nd line. IMO, get a 2nd line sniper (Bring Silfverberg back!) and move Stone down to the 3rd line but keep him on the PP.

Also, see about moving Methot. He's got a hefty cap hit for his overall and a TWD would be better for the 2nd D pairing. (Braun's got a decent contract so keep him)

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. Arizzo32

Arizzo32 Guest

Johnny im sorry but unless Lehner gets injured, it would be idiotic to run with Scrivens. There is a reason why he is a backup, if he plays too many games as a starter, he gets shelled. If it aint broke dont fix it

As for the defence, keep it the way it is, they are playing fine, its just the goalie, again, if it aint broke dont fix it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Predators

Predators Veteran

Johnny, in this vid you said that keeping the same roster with a few additions every year. Take out Turris and add a nice center.
    Also, get a pick from a bottom ten team by using your picks and veterans.

12. x--synister--x

x--synister--x Rookie 2

I think that Backstrom suggestion would be excellent to motivate Hall and Ryan offensively but the real problem would be the second line with Stone-Zibanejad-Hoffman wouldn't get it done. If you want Hall on the first line to score goals you need a second line scorer. Liked the suggestion of bringing Silfverberg back, if you can do it without trading away Konecny, Dadanov or Savard

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Real_Burkio

Real_Burkio Rookie 2

Johnny,

I think you should start to play Scrivens more often (and I know this is going to be annoying but...), such as let Lehner play three games, then Scrivens plays one. It seems Scrivens plays better when he has time off, and when I mean "better" I mean Vezina worthy numbers. This way you max your win percent going into the playoff push: you still get to ride Lehner but max Scrivens for every point possible.

As for trades, I don't think it would be realistic to go after Big Joe, or Marlo because San Jose is atop their division: why would they trade away those two right before a playoff run. I think you should trade for Vrbata of the Vancouver Canucks. They are out of the playoffs. He has one year left (like the SJ players), and is 6.7 million cap hit which is about the same as the SJ players. *Note it would not be that high because there will only be about 3 or 4 million left on his contract. Finally, he is 87 overall and could help with your scoring. Place him on the second line and move Hoffman down to the third line (just for the playoff push and playoffs). You don't have to resign Vrbata either and Hoff can move back in the off-season.

Trade Recommendation:

To Ottawa: Vrbata
    To Vancouver: 2nd Round Draft pick, Lanoue, and Condra. (That value should be pretty close).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. avrp86

avrp86 Rookie

For depth I think you should go after Glenncross and Wideman. Maybe look at shipping out Ward, Greene, and a couple of prospects. Michael Neuvirth might not not be bad either; you could ship out a prsopect or a pick and Bachman, and send Scrivens to the minors to help out your farm team.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Fitz72

Fitz72 Rookie 3

Johnny, i say you bring in Markov, he would be a great addition not only defensively but also offensively, and then you could move Ceci to the second line and have him play with Markov, letting him grow in a good position as well as having him beside a veteran player, Just my thought process.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Damon

Damon Rookie 2

I say you wait one more year with this team. Next year, you need to look at your roster, and see what you need to do. You do not have any superstar prospects, besides savard, then you are nothing. Start a rebuild after this year, trade turris, Ryan and others for mid 70 ovr prospects, and high picks. You can get a superstar center to play 1st line, as well as a decent winger to play with him and Hall. As well as trading for likely top 4 defenseman.

17. Tim Murray

Tim Murray Rookie 2

Hey Johnny, it's Tim Murray from the Buffalo Sabres and I have some advice for ya! Address the problem, before it becomes a problem! Mackenzie Savard is the future answer! No need to trade for another goalie, yes I agree Lehner will not win you a cup, you just have to be patient, and AQUIRE MORE PICKS!
    Btw: #TankForZod

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • List
  18. plastiqqq

plastiqqq Rookie

I love GM Modes, The golden years though, was Vancouver. THE CURSE. That was such a good GM we tried so hard and fail and it was so funny haha!
    Get a veteran Goalie until our 4.5 star prospect is ready

• Optimistic x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  19. Protololzz

Protololzz Rookie

johnny i think you really should go for a new playmaker 1st line center i think the proper choice is mikko koivu he's great pp/pk player and he can lead he's team with example.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  20. Senator

Senator Rookie 2

Trade some veterans! Get some 3rd line wingers to go alongside Curtis Lazar. It can improve the team and maybe help the 3rd line get some points per game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List