OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 19 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 10, 2015.

What should we do at the deadline?

1. Stay Patient with this group

42 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. Trade Prospects such as Dadonov, Konecny, Savard for a CUP run NOW!

10 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Trade Veterans such as Ward, Wingels, Methot, Phillips for draft picks

83 vote(s)
    53.5%
  4. Add Depth with 2nd, 3rd picks & 3.5 gold prospects

20 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Connor Brown

Connor Brown Rookie

Both Turris and ryan are getting a point per game which is fine right now. you should also move hall up to the first line to have another 89 overall sniper to help with the lack of goal scoring. trade a few picks along with a decent prospect for a good depth player for the playoff run. #TANK4ZOD

2. Ryan Miller 30

Ryan Miller 30 Rookie

Hello GM Superbman, it would be an honour to join your team and attempt to help you win a Stanley Cup this year. I'm dying to get out of Vancouver and come join the Senators. Now you might be thinking why choose me? I can be a reliable source to turn to if Robin Lehner has a terrible outcome in the playoffs like last year. I'm a veteran in the playoffs making it with Buffalo and St. Louis in my career. I am worth every pixel dot of that trade value bar and I'm looking for a Stanley Cup ring, so please consider me as a target for trade deadline, and if not I fear bad things to come for the Ottawa Senators. Thank you and have a nice day

Ryan Miller

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. daddyshelton

daddyshelton Rookie 3

To be honest, you don't have an enviable spot to be in because any move would basically knock this roster out of playoff contention. Your roster's actually pretty shaky as it is, which kind of sucks.

One thing that's really been hurting the team though is not giving the young core their proper ice time. Guys like Lazar and Ceci have been wasting away on the lower lines and their growth is probably hurting for it. You have good younger players like Mika and Mike and Mark to pick up any slack for a departing player like Turris or Stone if you feel they need. If your current first liners aren't doing the job, promote the ones you have. You have the potential guys to fill up if you just give them the damn ice time and let them grow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Chicago Hawks Fan

Chicago Hawks Fan Rookie

If possible get Talbot from the Rangers as he has been in trade talk to free up cap. It may not be the best for the Senators in the future but if we are going for a cup this is a realistic target to go after.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Yoda Shrek

Yoda Shrek Rookie

i say Trade turris for a sick player like malkin he is probably gonna leave irl or an assister like Backstrom

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Evgeni71Malkin

Evgeni71Malkin Rookie

I think you should definitely go after Thornton. Zibanejad needs some time on the third line to develop, and hasnt been good on the second line this year. Boedker would also be a good player to go after, he could add some scoring and is pretty young. You would probably have to give up a Hoffman or Abdelkader to get him. Boedker is what you wanted Hoffman to be so its worth it there, and Abdelkader hasn't been strong since you picked him up. Heres what I'd like to see:
    Boeder-Turris-Ryan
    Hall-Thornton-Stone
    Hoffman/Abdelkader-Zibanejad-Lazar
    Greening-Wingels-Ward

Ceci-Karlsson
    Weircoch-Braun
    Methot-Phillips

Lehner
    Scrivens

7. Evgeni71Malkin

Evgeni71Malkin Rookie

Malkin isn't going anywheres, no trade clause, loves the city and team, and management likes him.

8. Raven

Raven Pro

You should pick up Chase Marchand. TB is looking to trade him and his trade value is really low. You only have one AHL goalie and you saw in the Coyote series that Marchand could go from nothing to a 90+ in a few years. He's 21 and is a 71ovr right now. Sure he probably won't grow the same but if he can get to an 84-85 in a few years you'll have a very good backup that will still be young.

9. Calgaryflames82

Calgaryflames82 Legend LEGEND

After doing the research of the statistics, this is what I came across.

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 9.36.06 PM.png

In 20 Games (from Game 44 to Game 63)

Ryan 21 points (over a point a game)

Turris 19 Points

Stone 14 points

Hall has 12 points

Hoffman 10 points

Zibanejad 9 points

Lazar 9 points

Hall isn’t getting it done this year. Through 63 Games he has 16 Goals which isn’t that bad but considering that he is an 89 overall, they aren’t great Numbers. Even if he produces at .257 GPG (that is the rate that Taylor Hall produced goals at from Game 9 to game 43, his best all season). He will finish the season with 21 Goals. Also out of the big 3 ( Turris, Ryan and Hall) Hall was the only players PPG didn't increase.

Bobby Ryan increased his +/- by 10 through 20 games, Kyle Turris improved his +/- by 13 in the same time span as Bobby Ryan did.

Stone seems to be producing at around a .67 which is good enough for around 55 points.

Have a look, see what else you can find for analysis.

10. Brew22

Brew22 Legend 3 LEGEND

I think your wasting your time making the playoffs if you don't have a legitament chance to win the cup. I get that in real life, playoff berths can be huge but this isn't real life. Don't "rebuild" but "retool" by trading veterans and depth that isn't needed for picks, prospects, and/or young roster players. This will only help speed up the process towards the ultimate goal of you winning a cup in Ottawa. I think your only delaying the process by standing pat at the deadline. You simply won't win it all with this roster. So you need to tweak it until you seriously could win it all.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  11. daddyshelton

daddyshelton Rookie 3

...I want to hire you for my EHM runs, I swear.

12. Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs Rookie

Johnny, I'm not gonna lie here but you had almost the exact same core here and got eliminated in the 2nd round. There was free agency in which you basically did nothing and now you're fighting to make the playoffs. Even if you do make the playoffs, you won't be able to win the cup with this core. My suggestion is that you start rebuilding right from the trade deadline. Trade players such as Turris, Ryan and Lehner for draft picks and prospects, try to make your first as high as possible and try to draft Zod! I mean dude, the Leafs have been doing what you're doing right now for years, trying to make the playoffs and failing or making it in and getting eliminated early. Don't start that chain with the Senators too man.

13. x--synister--x

x--synister--x Rookie 2

While it's true Hall had the least improvement, keep in mind he's been on the second line. While that may not be everything that may have been a contributing factor to the statistics. Excellent analysis though, I hope to see more of your work on future posts

14. Evan Prakhin1

Evan Prakhin1 Rookie

lol

15. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

I think its time to shake up your 5 on 5 offence. Hall is not even close to being a point a game player, and for 89 overall that is unacceptable. So I would trade hall and a prospect for a better first liner that can get the job done in order to increase your chance of winning the cup. Everything else can stay the same.

16. raph1387

raph1387 Rookie

Trade Turris(not a true 1st liner), Methot(4.9M$ for top 6 is too much) and Zibanejad(Lazar won't grow if he's stuck on the 3rd line and Wingels is a good 3rd line center) for a STUD 1st line center(idc who but he needs to be 90+).IDC when you do it, at the deadline or the draft but you gotta do it.
    Why? Cause on a cup winning team Turris is a 2nd liner.

17. Yoda

Yoda Rookie

Trade Lehner you have to.

18. Komo47

Komo47 Rookie

The bottom line is you aren't a cup team, Turris and Ryan aren't consistent and they'll never carry you 4 rounds, if you keep on this path this team will be like a real life St.Louis, always a playoff team, but never gets deep. you can avoid it all you want but we all know it. Draft some future 1st liners. its the only way

19. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

Given all your analysis, i'm ecstatic to see that Hall hasn't produced as planned. I've nemtioned before that the Analysis forced a trade on Johnny for Hall and Hall never seemed to produce immediately after being traded.

This vid proved that Ryan and Turris are first line players, just not successful early in the season.

That's all from this analyst

Toodles

20. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

This would depend on how much faith you have that Savard truely will be Ottawa's "Carey Price" if you will.

The deadline might possibly be a spot to acquire not a draft pick, but a young prospect to transition in with Savard as he grows (like Kopecky and Dadonov), maybe look at some mid-first round drafted players drafted since the GM mode and start planning for the future.

I'm not recommending trading your top players, but as my vote was cast deal out an old veteran (they wont be worth as much i understand) and possibly a early/mid-draft draft pick?

Reading through the replys to this thread i saw someone say your roster is "shaky" and i completely agree. Even a slight adjustment completely changes how your team perform either by winning or losing or getting injured.

Any trade you make could drastically change your team for the better or the worst, but it's clear the Turris/Ryan era isn't a Cup era. You're a decent playoff team but I recommend you consider to start building for a future.

We want to either see you win the cup now, or have a plan in the future to win later just so long as GM superbman's dynasty proves somewhat successful.

Long winded, but I hope i got my point accross.

That's all from this analyst