OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 20 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

This team may not have one big scorer, but the top 6 is even and playing well defensively so we gotta run with them. Any potential changes if we lose a game or two?

• Dumb x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Retrysky

Retrysky Rookie

Johny, WHY THE FUCK is there an option in the vote to "trade all the veterans" if you are not willing to do it? For fuck sakes, could you listen to the majority of your fans for once?? PLEASE, do not put up a vote, if you are not willing to do the option that "won".

Thank you

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    • Dislike x 15
    • Agree x 8
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • List
  3. Houdini

Houdini Pro

I can't think of anything major. If anything go back with Hall-Turris-Ryan line since it did good for you down the stretch last year for you. Make sure you don't hesitate to go with Scrivens if Lehner falters. There are no throw away games in the playoffs.

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Komarov for Captain

Komarov for Captain Rookie 3

Johnny, I'm going to be blunt. Not that there isn't a chance this year, but 1st and 2nd rnd losses are making me start to lose interest. If you don't make it to rnd 3/4 take a serious look at who will be on your team in 2 years and what holes need to be filled for then. Trade away the 1st and 2nd rnd losses and be bad for one season but turn yourself into a dynasty for the future. Guys like Braun and Methot don't work for a Stanley Cup team and can be traded for young defencemen that will be great by the time you are ready to be one.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. In the last 19 games of the season, your top players' stats were:

Karlsson: 8G 8A 16PTS
    Ryan: 4G 10A 14PTS
    Turris: 2G 12A 14PTS
    Hall: 6G 6A 12PTS
    Stone: 8G 6A 14PTS
    Hoffman: 5G 7A 12PTS
    Zibanejad: 4G 9A 13PTS

Over the last 39 games (the period where the team improved):

Karlsson: 14G 28A 42PTS
    Ryan: 14G 21A 35PTS
    Turris: 11G 22A 33PTS
    Hall: 11G 13A 24PTS
    Stone: 13G 15A 28PTS
    Hoffman: 11G 12A 23PTS
    Zibanejad: 8G 14A 22PTS

Karlsson and Ryan were great but the rest were all "meh" for the most part.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • List
  6. Ernest Ciarreli

Ernest Ciarreli Rookie

Your young guys such as hoffman, zibenajad, and stone have stopped growing. You lack a star forward/defensive prospect for the future. Something needs to change cause 1st/2nd round exits are not going to work.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Angry Fans

Angry Fans Rookie

You admitted it yourself in the video, you aren't winning the cup. If you aren't winning the cup, why go to the playoffs? Sure, it will, in theory, help grow players (that haven't grown in the last two seasons). All your players are goofs that need to go. What number do I contact to trade my Ryan jersey for a DADANOV, seeing as that "elite" goon didn't turn out.

You'll be singing this when your dynasty collapses around you

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Slapshot Tommy

Slapshot Tommy Superstar 3

Johnny, remember to switch to Lehner as Scrivens played the last game V Boston.

The team can win games as you said, beating the back end of New York will be the task so much so I feel it was worth not going for Markov if we do lose out. That said, this team won games they had no right to do so. Hoping for a good run! #GoSens!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  9. HoPE x NaSHTY61

HoPE x NaSHTY61 Let's Go Rangers!!!

The Last 19 games points wise

Stone= 14 points
    Hall= 12 points
    Ryan= 14 points
    Turris= 14 points
    Zibanejad= 13 points
    Hoffman= 10 points
    Karlsson= 16 points

So from the time Ottawa " started playing good " which was 39 games ago ( after 43 games played ) " these guys finished with ...

Stone= 28 points ( 39 GP )
    Hall= 24 points ( 39 GP )
    Ryan= 35 points ( 39 GP )
    Turris= 33 points ( 39 GP )
    Zibanejad = 22 points ( 39 GP )
    Hoffman= 21 points ( 39 GP )
    Karlsson= 42 points ( 39 GP )

So you can make the case that Ryan and Turris were being held back at the end of the year ( last 39 games played )

If anything, its the other 4 that are the problem not Ryan and Turris

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
    • List
  10. I guess me and you are the official stat-trackers for this GM mode now, eh Nashty?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. HoPE x NaSHTY61

LOL I didnt see you did it, otherwise I would not have lmao, I just assumed Id do it since I did last time. That was a waste of time by me lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  12. Nah it's good man. No real need to take the post down.

13. HoPE x NaSHTY61

I was going to leave it up anyway I spent like 10 minutes doing the math so

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  14. ths_ninjaking

ths_ninjaking Rookie 2

Johnny ur obviously going to get kicked out in the 1st or second round. What u need is another top 2 defensmen and a 1st line stud in his 90's! Or you should trade away veterans and a young player to make it realistic for a top 3 pick and some other players such as prospects or depth! Same thing if you want to trade for a player who is ready now! Turris and Ryan are definetly assets Hall should stay! Johnny, the fans are losing Hope! Oh wait that's another thing we need! A GOALIE!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. spada81

spada81 Rookie

Johnny I have to agree with the majority here and say that the current roster is just not good enough. Turris and Ryan are doing just fine for now but what the hell is wrong with Hall? He is contributing at an average 2nd liner pace even though hes an 89 OVR first line winger. If you're not going to change the roster this year at the draft you should trade for an older 87-89 OVR goalie. Someone to give the team an edge so we don't have goalies that are getting 2.55 GAA and can possibly even out the plus minus by allowing less goals. Maybe if your team had confidence in the goalie they wouldn't worry as much about defense and maybe start scoring some more!

16. Tim Murray

Tim Murray Rookie 2

I really agree with what everyone is saying. The early exits are now racking up and the fanbase is getting down, it is time to tear down and aquire some future talent and/or get players who will produce now. Build to be the favorite to win the Cup! Don't keep trying to be a Cinderella story with underachieving players.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Jay the habs fan

Jay the habs fan Rookie

Johnny you said you wanted your younger player to grow more well you should give them more time on pp pk 4 on 4 ect it could give them a jump going in to the next season as you are not a Stanley cup winning team this year and in the off season try to trade for some 80 to 84 overall players for fourth third line maybe even second line players could make you a Stanley cup contending team for the next year .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  18. KyleLBH

KyleLBH Rookie

Not gonna lie Johnny, you should've sacrificed the year. No matter which team you're playing against, you're not in a good spot. Could've tanked and gotten a great player. The only plus I see is you'll probably win the faceoffs. Dominic Moore isn't the center and we all know he will always be the best rangers faceoff taker.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Greg007

Greg007 Rookie

Alright, I look at this team like the current San Jose Sharks. You are very similar to the "Great GM" Doug Wilson. Your "helpful moves" for the team are like Wilson's yearly depth signing of sub par players like John Scott. Your depth signings will do little to none to benefit the team and will be a waste. Your team as is will never win the cup without something huge happening to the roster. When you get kicked out of the playoffs this year and enter free agency I look forward to seeing how you will bring in some experienced 4th liners to do nothing for the team. An early exit is an early exit bottom line. You are giving yourself the choker label, and you need change to happen if you ever want to break that notion and regain the confidence of Ottawa's fan base.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Regita

Regita Rookie

Exactly, I completely agree. Being a frustrated sharks fan, watching the moves you are making mirror Wilson. You are putting to much faith in a team that doesn't have enough elite firepower to be a real true contender. I feel a big move is warranted after this year's disappointing but expected exit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List