OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 20 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 13, 2015.

1. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

He traded for a 1st line stud in T. Hall. Look how Hall's turned out, putting up what is esentially very good 2nd line pts. Doubt that's the course of action for Johnny's team now

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  2. THE D

THE D Hall of Famer

Need that superstar on offence but other than that the offence isn't bad at all. Don't hesitate on putting Scrivens in, if Lehner is playing bad then put Scrivi in man!!

3. FINNISHCOLD

FINNISHCOLD Veteran 2

You need a legitimate first line playmaker center, If you want to contend and have good point seasons for Hall and Ryan you need to trade Turris for a Backstrom, or a Duchene, someone with good offensive awareness and passing capabilities.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs Rookie

Johnny, please for ONCE listen to us, if you get eliminated again, rebuild the team. Keeping the same core intact is not going to get you anywhere. Trade away players like Turris, Ryan and Lehner for picks and prospects and especially try to get Zod in the draft. You're really starting to make people mad at this point Johnny because you put up votes and all that crap yet you just ignore it and make your own decisions which ultimately make it worse for the team. It would be an "ABSOLUTE MIRACLE" if the team wins the cup but please listen to us and rebuild the team if you don't win it (which I wouldn't even be surprised if it happens).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. TheMustyMan

TheMustyMan Rookie

I've played a lot of time in gm mode, and just about every time I trade for Zach Fucale, when he is grown right he gets to 93(haven't seen him get higher yet), Montreal already has a starting goalie and hes too good for a backup. Take this playoffs as seeing where your players fit in and who deserves there contracts and spots on the team. If Lehner dosent show up again move for Zachary fucale and maybe Markov too.

6. BoHorvat

BoHorvat Superstar 3

Can you show us my trade value? I want to see if you can get me for Mika Z or Curtis Lazar. I did pretty good for you in Arizona

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. JetFuel

JetFuel Rookie

This is the year you need to prove to us that your core can win. If it does, we roll with it next year. If not, change Lehner in net as Bryzgalov could come out of retirement and play better than Lehner. Savard should be around 71 next year, start in the AHL in the 2018-19 season, and be a decent goalie in 19-20, so if you pick up a goalie, make sure you can flip them around this time.

You need to pick up a bona fide LW prospect. as Taylor Hall grows, his offensive stats will heighten, but the defensive side willlower due to red stars,

8. i think it was good you didn't trade roster players away but it might be morally wrong if you don't try to trade for zod, then you can play him with dadonov. try trading away stone or hoffman because they won't grow and are listed as 3 line scorers then you'r 1st. btw konecny doesn't get to well in the gm's that i've had him.

9. Newyorkislanders13

Newyorkislanders13 Rookie

Johnny I think you should trade bobby Ryan for Connor mcdavid

10. Slippery Richard

Slippery Richard Veteran

Johnny, I think a need that should be addressed this offseason is a more offensively capable defenseman for the second pairing. After Wiercioch, your bottom three defensemen had woeful point totals while bring minus players which may be one of the reasons your forwards are underproducing. And I know you tried addressing this need by taking a look at acquiring Andrei Markov, but I just think adding another two way guy to play on that second pairing is something to look at even if it means moving Wiercioch to upgrade the pairing. My two cents.

11. Evander Kane

Evander Kane Rookie 2

Johnny Can you check What Overall The Tracksuit Star Evander Kane is now

12. BlueBull

BlueBull General Manager

JESUS ******* CHRIST JOHNNY? YOU DID NOT LISTEN??? I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO TRADE!!! WE ARE NOT GOING TO WATCH YOUR VIDEOS IF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO THE VIEWERS! I THINK YOU ETHER JUST DROP EVERYONE TO THE MINORS OR YOU ******* JUST TRADE FOR A TOP 5 PICK SO YOU CAN ******* GET GOD DAMN ZOD!!!! WE WANT ZOD! WE WANT ZOD!

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Retrysky

Retrysky Rookie

Listen people, Zod is a general. He is a leader. And Ottawa already has Dadonov who wants to be the leader of Otttawa, they don't fit in to the same team. I bet it would be just a mess if Dadonov and General Zod would be in the same dressing room, only possible way I see to go for Zod is to trade Dadonov for him (/1st ovr pick), General Zod's and Dadonov's faith is to be rivals! There can't be two leaders in one team.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  14. KyleLBH

KyleLBH Rookie

I'm not saying go for Zod, but he definitely should know if you're obviously not a cup contender, what's the point in making a push? It's different if he actually had a team that could do it. Johnny admitted it too, that's not a stanley cup winning team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  15. Mike Ribeiro

Mike Ribeiro Pro

I don't think there is anything you need to change for the playoffs. If by some miracle you get past the first round, then we can all bow down and say you were right. I said you should've grabbed my man Roman Josi a while back and look at him now. He's a STUD! He would've been great next to Karlsson.

Seriously though, if you lose first round, you need to shake up the team and make some big changes. Clearly the team is not working and something needs to happen. I am not saying go for Zod but see what might be able to happen. Hopefully Dadonov is ready to go this coming season.

Also, Scrivens is not necessarily getting it done either. Look for possible backups in the offseason for cheap. He did not do well when you gave him the shot to do so. If Lehner gets hurt, you need a strong backup to take the reins and be able to win some games and not put you in a bind.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. FINNISHCOLD

FINNISHCOLD Veteran 2

But he's already got a prospect goalie, I dont think that Johnny would need 2 superstar goalies at this point unless he wanted to win the cup 8 years in a row

17. The Oil King

The Oil King Superstar

For your 2nd and 3rd pair defence, in my opinion I think you need to get more specialsts. For example:
    1st pair- OFD-TWD
    2nd pair - TWD-DFD
    3rd pair - TWD- OFD/DFD/TWD

You either need to commit to an all out offensive team lead by Karlsson or a very good defensive team. Right now your D pairings reflects your team, mediocre.

TLDR; Trade Methot and Braun for better DFD or OFD and upgrade Weircoch, using draft picks to do so.

18. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

Do you not want to win the cup that many years in a row? I agree that 2 superstar goalies is redundant but your argument is a little strange

19. FINNISHCOLD

FINNISHCOLD Veteran 2

I'm just saying that I don't think that's Johnny's goal at the moment. Right now he just wants to me a playoff contender that can make the ECF more times than not.

20. Central Analyst

Central Analyst Rookie

Attached Files: