OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 21 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Habfan2228

Habfan2228 Rookie

Johnny you need to trade Robin lehner and Taylor hall. Lehner has proven to be the Marc-Andre Fleury of this Gm mode (Even though Fleury had 2 bad games himself). Trade Lehner for an 85-86 overall goalie who can be your starter untill your prospect golie gets better.Then you should trade Taylor Hall because he may be 89 overall but he doesn't produse especially in the goals department. But i suggest to wait until the trade dedline because he may get up to an 90-91 and mybe he'll get more points and goals. if your team is not making the playoffs trade im for guy who is about the same overall and trade value so you can do a simple one on one trade.And also try to move up in the draft (maybe somewhere in the top 10 if you can) without giving up something big so that you can draft a prospect d-man because all you have is Ceci and Karlsson for the future so getting a future top 4 d-man who could play alongside wiercioch if he hsn't droped off to much by the time he's Nhl ready.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  2. alvinlala

alvinlala Rookie 3

If you're looking to trade Taylor Hall, why not go for Jakub Voracek on Philadelphia or Vladimir Tarasenko from St. Louis? Both these guys are able to score goals and produce offensively. Both fit the age category within the Ottawa Senators timeline.

Also, like others have said, trading Lehner is a must. While you're waiting for Mackenzie Savard to fully develop, look for another goalie who is stable in net and is reliable. Maybe combine the Voracek trade with Steve Mason from Philly? Quite honestly, you only need a goalie who is average and is able to hold his own until Savard fully develops if you decide to trade Lehner.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Mambuu

Mambuu Rookie 2

Oh god... please don't say anything if you don't know even the basics of the game. If you have a first line with no defensive players, it will not work. And the worst thing is, people want Hall traded because "he doesn't score like a 89 overall guy should" well it's nice to hear that, when you have the exactly same situation with Ryan. Trading one problem away leaves the other one untouched, so the only way would be trading for a defensive minded center with good playmaking attributes. And the goalkeeper situation is fine. How are people saying that "Johnny go for a goalie that can hold his own until Savard is ready"? Ever heard of Lehner...? You basically want to replace him with the same type of player with likely worse contract. Just shut up already...

4. King of Hanlya

King of Hanlya Superstar 3

I'm going to hold on my suggestions until I see a full roster from Johnny (The resign phase). Other than that, the series was a tough break, but I can only see our team getting better n the years to come.

5. King of Hanlya

Maybe they're saying Lehner isn't able to hold is own?? His third periods in the playoffs were shoddy in bigger games, and I think they're calling for a goalie who can keep 3rd period GAs low.

6. Tim Murray

Tim Murray Rookie 2

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING! #TheMotherF****nAllStar

7. Mambuu

Mambuu Rookie 2

Well, you could look back at the first series and see what he did. 0,5 GAA isn't enough? Also, we do not know how good Savard is after the season, although he definitely isn't a starter yet. What if he's 75 OVR, Johnny will put him to AHL lineup and he's ready after season four? Also, I'm assuming people want someone like 87 OVR, which also happens to be that "magical number" where player's trade values skyrocket up. With what trading assets is Johnny going to upgrade both Turris and Lehner?

8. King of Hanlya

I get ya. It's a tough time in Ottawa, and since this roster is working, let's keep it how it is.

9. Mambuu

Mambuu Rookie 2

I would add that defensive 2nd line winger or upgrade Turris to "O'Reilly type of center". Any names that would work here...?

10. Jboomy92

Jboomy92 Rookie

Johnny, keep doing what you're doing. The way I see it, you're top 6 could use some improvement and you're top 2 could be better. DO NOT TRADE LEHNER (yet). I realize he hasn't exactly been mr. consistency but you've arguably been performing better then you should with your current roster. What a lot of people don't seem to understand about this game is that your decisions affect the simulation engine. If you make bad moves just to make them your teams going to fall off. You have a goalie on the way but until he's ready there is 0 point in trading your starter who has gotten you to the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 years in a row.

As for your top 6, I think Hoffman, Hall, and Ryan are fine. Turris is more of a 2nd liner IMO he just doesn't have that elite ability. You need an elite defensive pivot for your first line but there is no point in blowing up the team for one. Keep drafting and letting your prospects develop. Even if you can't find a place for them on the team they will be worth more return in the future and there is no need to go blowing up the team right now. That would be dumb because on top of getting minimal return, it's still stupid to try and fix something that isn't broken. Plus you never know what the offseason will bring. Eventually maybe a legit number 1 centre with defensive upside will land on the trade block. If it happens you wanna be in a position to close the deal not prospect starved because the "analysts" can't handle it when you don't make 100 moves a season.

The reason I enjoy your videos is purely because they are extremely realistic. While I agree with the fans that perhaps passing up on andersen may have not been the greatest idea I am a sports management student. In my opinion it would be really silly for you to have put your back up against the salary wall just to land a guy thats hardly even better then the guy you have.

Good job superbman, keep up the good work

11. NotNowJohn

NotNowJohn Rookie

If you don't put Taylor Hall on the first line (where he belongs), he's not gonna produce to his full potential.

Lehner still can't get it done in the POs.

FFS, put Ceci on the first defensive pairing.

12. Mike Fisher

Mike Fisher Rookie

Honestly, i would wait to see if stone and hoffman jump in the off-season, and if they do keep the lignes the same, but if they dont, trade them for a solid defence core.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  13. imaZman99

imaZman99 Rookie

Johnny,
    Yes you had a better season then last year but, If you really want to go to the next level you have to get a first line playmaking center. Turris is not cutting it. Try looking at a guy like Mark Scheifele or Ryan O'Reilly

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  14. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

The Canadian GM Modes are cursed... Calgary, Vancouver, and now Ottawa.

Game 2 was really good though...

GOOD RIDDANCE!

-Clarke

15. Jonathan

Jonathan Rookie 3

QUOTE OF THE SERIES
    [​IMG]FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK HORNQVIST![​IMG]

— Johnny Superbman, GM of the Ottawa Senators

Johnny, I won't eat you alive, but that was the death call for Robin Lehner. Too many times this has happened! Scrivens as Starter!

Quite frankly, that was a good series (except for that AWFUL Game 6 3rd period collapse).

I just wish that those eight goals in Game 2 were spread out a bit...

16. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Rookie

I believe that Johnny needs to get that top 5 goalie instead of hoping his goaltenders become those top goalies.

17. Deadliftbrosef

Deadliftbrosef Rookie 2

Johnny, you need a bunch of things :
    - First line center
    - First line winger
    - Elite goaltender

18. Slippery Richard

Slippery Richard Veteran

Johnny you have go trade for Stamkos and Crosby and Carey Price and Shea Weber and Drew Doughty and Wayne Gretzky and Charlie Conway but make sure to save enough assets for Zod.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

Yeah... the problem is, how do you know that Top 5 goalie will become a real top goalie, and how do you know one will be available?

20. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

I can smell a brewing rivalry with whatever team drafts the kryptonian kommander General Zod.

(i think you should just let him be drafted to another team :p)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List