OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 22 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 23, 2015.

What should we do?

1. Nothing - Draft, Sign, Improve through Free Agency and give this core the chance

48 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Blow Up - Draft Picks and Prospects are the priority. Anyone over 25 can go.

85 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Improve - Use draft picks, prospects to acquire roster players (Lindholm, Burakovsky, etc)

342 vote(s)
    69.5%
  4. Other

17 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Dave Steckel

Dave Steckel Legend

xD

2. Dave Steckel

Dave Steckel Legend

Haha, beat you bud!

3. BearishRiggs

BearishRiggs Rookie

Well I said earlier that Anaheim would never trade a 22 year old top 2 defenseman...but after the Dougie Hamilton trade I'm not really sure of anything anymore. So screw it.

4. HubbyDoobyDoo

HubbyDoobyDoo Rookie

try for Lindholm, if you cant get him try Vatanen.

5. Forget the Defence

Forget the Defence Rookie

As a goalie myself I believe a great goalie is not the goalie who puts up good numbers on a struggling team, but a goalie can win the game for the team regardless on the individual stats and that's what the Sens need at the end of the day.
    You've given Lehner 2 chances to lead this team but I think you're using his great stats as an excuse to keep him for another year, but in my opinion Lehner has reached his potential as a starter, nothing else. You need a goalie like Brendan Hope who didn't have great numbers, but still won you Stanley Cups as MVP.
    You can either wait for Mackenzie Savard and see what he becomes or use him and Lehner as trade bait to acquire a legit goalie like Malcolm Subban of the Boston Bruins. He'll grow to at least 89 overall if you play him right. Realistically the trade will work out if you think about it.
    I know you've got Forward problems that need solving but through history goalies are 80% of the reason why teams win Stanley Cups like Tim Thomas and Jonathan Quick.

6. Uncle Ryan

Uncle Ryan Hall of Famer 2

Dougie Hamilton is the truth!!! It's realistic now!!!!

7. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

Johnny are you uploading today?

8. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

he's uploading right now