OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 22 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 23, 2015.

What should we do?

1. Nothing - Draft, Sign, Improve through Free Agency and give this core the chance

48 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Blow Up - Draft Picks and Prospects are the priority. Anyone over 25 can go.

85 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Improve - Use draft picks, prospects to acquire roster players (Lindholm, Burakovsky, etc)

342 vote(s)
    69.5%
  4. Other

17 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Islander Diego

Islander Diego Rookie

Johnny you must and I repeat you must stay with your mentality! If not then you may get to the point where you may have to make big trades you may not feel comfortable with and may screw up this great chemistry between your players. Now Bobby Ryan, Kyle Turris, and Taylor Hall. If I were you I would wait one more year (I hate to say that, but may work out in the end) until the trade deadline and check on all three of your 1st liners stats to see who had a slump the year before or if they are a bust! Make sure to compare their better year with their latest one then do the math. If one of them turns out to be a bust then you make the trade and use one of them for :zod!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

WHICH TWO WILL STAY AND WHICH ON SHALL BE GONE?!?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Noah Hanifin

Noah Hanifin Rookie

I agree with this and General Zod will do this he will be the next Lou Morris

3. Jordan Eberle

Jordan Eberle Rookie

why would you even consider trading Ryan he is the best player on your team, him and Turris are working great together but Turris can apparently only pass the puck to Ryan which is why Hall isn't getting points, you need a solid second line playmaking centermen to play with Hall because Turris doesn't seem to like passing to him

ps: tell Hallsy i miss him

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Uncle Ryan

Uncle Ryan Hall of Famer 2

Ryan Johansen is the truth!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Oh Taylor Hall didn't score a hat trick and get 5 assists every playoff game? Trade him while you can when his value is still decent and in order to make the trade go through. Oh what's that, Dadonov had 0 goals in the NHL playoffs?? Trade him too.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. YiniM77

YiniM77 Original Blazin' Glazin' 1,000

Trade for me Johnny
    I'm way better than that scrub Kyle Turris
    I'll put up points, I score clutch goals (8 Game Winners in the 2014-15 season) and I'm a great 2 way forward and most importantly a LEADER

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

Johnny, you need a reliable forward. Either a winger or a center, you just need somebody to always get that goal. Some good choices would be the following:
    Matt Duchene
    Ryan O'Reilly
    Nicklas Backstrom
    Ryan Kesler
    Johnny Gaudreau
    Ryan Johansen

You could trade some picks and maybe someone such as Zibenejad or Turris. Just a thought

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. YiniM77

What about me??

9. HockeyGoalie30

HockeyGoalie30 Rookie

Johnny stick with it. Replace the retired players with free agents or prospects that are ready. Remember how the coach put out the fourth line out first to make a penalty? Try upgrading assistant coach. I think you can go deep with roster plus this goes along with what you have done in the past.

10. SpookDarkness

SpookDarkness Pro 2

Johnny don't trade Bobby Ryan losing a first line sniper is not something I'd do if you're looking for another playoff run. Hall needs to be on first line! Along side Bobby Ryan. What Ottawa needs is a first line playmaker center and a 2nd line Lw. Turris and picks traded for 1st line playmaker, Hoffman goes he's 27 white star at 84 on 2nd line not good enough and you have Abdelkader go after Boedker on Coyotes for Hoffman and prospects. Free agency sign a D to play with Karlsson. Problems solved.
    Lines
    Hall- C playmaker- Ryan
    Boedker- Zibenijad- Stone
    Abdelkader-Wingels- Lazar
    ?- Smith-?
    Signed Fa- Karlsson
    wiercoch-Cecil
    Methot-Braun
    Lehner- Scrivens

11. KomicJ

KomicJ Rookie

If you're going to trade away Bobby Ryan (should've been Turris, but okay)...at least package him with someone like Wiercioch, so you can get a decent forward to replace Ryan in that same deal. I'm all for upgrading the defense, but Stone is your only legit top-6 right winger. You need to add another one in the same deal.

If you decide to go with Anaheim, see if you could pull off Silfverberg/Etem/Ritchie + Lindholm/Vatanen for Ryan and Wiercioch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. YiniM77

Shutup Pierre

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Pavel Bure Jr

Pavel Bure Jr Pro 3

[QUOTE="Captian Foligno, I like this guy go for ne #tradeforMurray

14. Hoverhand

Hoverhand Bernie Sanders Enthusiasts

The only reason to trade for zod (not that I agree with it) would be to make the series more fun to watch granted that's a bad reason but the ottawa gm mode is probably been the worse entertainment wise soooooooo couldn't hurt

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. Teuvo Teravainen

Teuvo Teravainen Superstar 2

TRADE TURRIS HE'S DONE NOTHING AND HE'S NOT FIRST LINE WORTHY

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. nick malesh

nick malesh Rookie

I think that Lehner, Turris, and Hall need to be traded for a goalie 90 or above. Or get a good winter 89 or above overall. These players are not cutting it. Lehner let us down and Hall did nothing!!! These players have to go!!!

17. nick malesh

nick malesh Rookie

Lehner, Turris, and Hall have to be traded for a 90+ overall goalie or winger. Lehner let us down! Hall did completely nothing!!! This change has to be made!!!

18. nick malesh

nick malesh Rookie

19. anthony cullingford

anthony cullingford Rookie

johnny ur team is pretty good i thin the burakovsky and carlson deal is a good move because u get a good defensmen to pair with captain karlsson and a solid second line scoring forward so u improve your offense and defense at the same time.

johnny add me to your friends list oxKROSSOVERxo

20. BostonSportsFan24

BostonSportsFan24 Rookie

I don't think that you should move Taylor Hall or Bobby Ryan in the offseason. One type of player that could really help your team is a bonafide first line playmaker. Kyle Turris is a very good player, but he isn't a superstar, and I think using him (in a trade) to upgrade that position will significantly help your first line's production.