OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 22 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 23, 2015.

What should we do?

1. Nothing - Draft, Sign, Improve through Free Agency and give this core the chance

48 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Blow Up - Draft Picks and Prospects are the priority. Anyone over 25 can go.

85 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Improve - Use draft picks, prospects to acquire roster players (Lindholm, Burakovsky, etc)

342 vote(s)
    69.5%
  4. Other

17 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Fitz72

Fitz72 Rookie 3

I completely agree with you! The only thing i'd add is maybe trade E.Bear and a pick for a guy who could make an impact now like nikita zadorov from the Buffalo Sabers, he's a young DFD and he is absolutly massive, I make it a personal point to pick him up in all of my GM modes.

2. imaZman99

imaZman99 Rookie

Here's a trade that could work for both clubs:

To Arizona : Bobby Ryan, Patric Weircoch and Mike Hoffman

To Ottawa : Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Mikkel Boedker

Reasoning: Oliver E-L is a Offensice Lefthanded Defensemen. Plus he's Swedish. Boedker could be your second line sniper and he's till getting better. As for the empty first line RW, wait until preseason and see if stone/ dadonov is ready

3. Krispy Kreme

Krispy Kreme Rookie

Johnny trade for Zach Bogosian he's a great 2-way partner for Karlsson and he's only 27

4. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

Dadanov next to Smith

5. SuperbSock

SuperbSock Rookie

i dont know why you would go for a d man when you already have a amazing core. Ekblad and Reily are still young enough to grow! if you are going to trade for a better d man like lindholm, trade Reilly with someone else to get him. UPGRADE! if you say your filling in Phillips spot, i don't think he even played last year. fowards i would trade bobby ryan, 63 points just is not good enough for a first liner of a playoff team.

6. Ben London

Ben London Rookie 2

I Like the burakovsky idea, but maybe you should see if in that trade, try and move up so you can get a better prospect

7. The Oil King

The Oil King Superstar

What are you talking about? Ekblad and Reilly? What?

8. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

Sir, your comment is brilliant.

That is all

9. Slippery Richard

Slippery Richard Veteran

Seconded.

10. Predators

Predators Veteran

I think you have said it before in this GM mode. This team is a puzzle and we need to keep adding pieces everywhere until they all fit. We have the core, some corners, but a little gap in the middle and a few end areas. The little gap is Lehner. I am not saying he is bad, I love the Super Swede, but he has too much pressure on him to win. Savard can replace him, but a good veteran could help out with that for a year or two. Except, Savard could still be a bust and go 4.5 red and be 82 or so ovr. So keep Lehner in. I know this might sound like I am joining everyone here, but check out Zod's stats and see if he could fit in. Turris is not good enough, but, again, once Savard is ready, make this HIS team. Take it from there.

One last note, if you are still reading, Lanoue and your other 4ths or laters at 3.5 yellow should go. I do remember Strome becoming a third liner from the third round, but why not package two or three of these players with later picks for a second? Or a better prospect.

Please consider my ideas!

11. plastiqqq

plastiqqq Rookie

HAMPUS LINDHOLM, Kyle Turris, this years 1st round pick and maybe a prospect

12. TheKingNordique

TheKingNordique Veteran

Trade for :zodand put :dad on the first line and this is the beginning of a dynasty

13. RobinLehner

RobinLehner Rookie

Please keep me. You'll soon have Savard taking my place. I made you go up to the finals, right? 2 years in a row. Even thou, i don't trust Bobby Ryan. He's always mad when someone doesn't give him the puck, and when our team mates give it to him, do not do well with it. Only sometimes. I would like to se someone like Nash instead, but he's to old. What about Lucic? Need some power up there if you ask me. I has good defenders in the back, and i'll try keep it safer. Promise.

14. Dave Steckel

Dave Steckel Legend

Lehner, how do you feel about being traded to Buffalo?

15. RobinLehner

RobinLehner Rookie

I cry every tiem :,(

16. Dave Steckel

Dave Steckel Legend

I am so sorry bro!

17. Teuvo Teravainen

Teuvo Teravainen Superstar 2

wow just in the bruins trade dougie hamilton to calgary for the 15th overall pick and 2 second rounders

18. Dave Steckel

Dave Steckel Legend

Now Lucic for 13th overall pick, Martin Jones, and Colin Miller.

19. Teuvo Teravainen

also the bruins traded lucic for the 13th pick, and martin jones, now boston has the 13th, 14th, and 15th pick #draftmarathon #boston

20. Teuvo Teravainen

lol i was writing that post right as you replied