OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 23 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

Let me have it..

• Like x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Nuge

Nuge Hall of Famer LEGEND

John? What were you thinking.. Those were some massive moves you made, did you forget that you had made the playoffs?? The Hall trade was decent, maybe you should go for a free agent like Tyler Johnson to bolster your offense. Trade turris for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins or Leon draisatal if you dont pick up johnson.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    • Dislike x 9
    • Like x 6
    • Disagree x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Nose Face Killah

Nose Face Killah Veteran

I agree with the moves you made in general, although you're in serious need of a top line right winger now. I would sign Johnson, and compare him to turris. Whichever one of the two you like less, I'd flip for a good right wing, someone like David pastrnak (depending on how he's grown).

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Jesus

Jesus Guest

So realism is out the window? I don't mind I think it'll make the series more fun to watch but this means you can't pull the realism card when making trades.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  5. The Oil King

The Oil King Superstar

I'm satisfied with this episode. Do what you'd like to John. The series is more interesting that way.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Slapshot Tommy

Slapshot Tommy Superstar 3

Johnny,

I love the direction the team is heading, I feel those trades did exactly what I was HOPEing for and the potential of this team is potent. 1 gripe, 3 Second Round Picks is equivilent to a First round pick in game, so I feel we may have overpaid Washington for Burka' but other than that we are looking good!
    The other thing I want to mention in this comment; and to quote a video of your own, we NEED that 1-2 Punch in Center to be a GREAT team and shed that 'Good' team status. If Tyler Johnson is available, then we absolutely must get him. If Mika Zibanejad gets a big bump come the start of the season at least it will be a better position to be in than chasing the final piece of the puzzle in the Center core if he does not.

If you would rather the trade method, I will always recommend Alexander Wennberg in the CBJ. An absolute work horse for lowish value who I am sure will have better stats than anyone from the second line down on the roster currently.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Bogg

Bogg Rookie

You should pick up johnson he is a playoff performer. You should trade Lehner for an older goalie that can play good in the regular season and can show up in the playoffs. This goalie can have the starting spot until savard is ready.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  8. Proffe

Proffe Rookie

I really liked your trades in this video Johnny, but now you really need to sign a player like Tyler Johnson for som routine in your team. Sign a top 6 D-man to replace methot and the team is capable for a place in to the stanley cup playoffs!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  9. RangersRule

RangersRule Rookie

I would potentially trade Turris for a Right Winger who has the qualities of a player such as Ryan and try to sign Johnson in Free Agency and also try to take Slater Koekkoek from the Lightning, although you will have to sacrifice your picks, but who gives a flying fuck. Also, potentially trade Wingels or Smith for another RW.

10. jokinghazard

jokinghazard Rookie 2 LEGEND

I would definitely sign Tyler "Literally Jesus" Johnson, he'll bolster the top 6 and you can move other guys down as depth. The trades were great I thought, almost like what Calgary did at the draft, getting rid of draft picks for good young players right now (except your trades weren't complete robberies). The goalie situation is still not great, but since your defensive core got way better, and it was already incredible last year, I think keeping Lehner and Scrivvy should suit just fine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. SteveShutt

SteveShutt Rookie

Johnny, I suggest going for Tyler Johnson in the free agency.
    He costs 6 Million, while you have 10 million stocked up.
    He can replace Kyle Turris on the 1st line and help out Jaden Schwarz (provided he is on your 1st line LW, i'm guessing that Mark Stone isn't going to stay there), and your future 1st line RW.
    Sure he is older, but Turris isn't going to cut it on the 1st line Center position anymore.
    #TradeTurissFor1stLineRW
    Also for your 1st line RW, I suggest getting someone that can provide goal scoring.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Evan Prakhin1

Evan Prakhin1 Rookie

Personally I think it was a great draft especially after watching the real one. You made solid trades that were realistic and you made your defense better which I love cause defense is what wins you championships.

13. ZUCC

ZUCC Hall Of Famer

Love it Johnny

Now here you cant screw up. Go for Ondrej Palat! LW is a position you could use more of. His salary is only 3.9 million. The only problem would be the compensation, but if that is affected then sign Johnson. He is the perfect 2nd or 1st line center.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  14. Tj sochi

Tj sochi Rookie

Sign johnson trade zebinijad or turris and your centre core is fantastic

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. rykudish25

rykudish25 Rookie

Hey Johnny I agree with what you did this episode. Definitely sign Palat and Johnson because they have good chemistry coming from Tampa by. Than since ur doing that, u may have to trade Turris or zibanejad. Also trade away Braun for some draft picks and sign that Koekkoek guy.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. HoPE x NaSHTY61

HoPE x NaSHTY61 Let's Go Rangers!!! LEGEND

Just know if You get Johnson you should then trade either Turris or Zibanejad ( unless you want Zibanejad on 3rd line ) and maybe use 1 of them with Lehner to get an older goalie who will be ready to retire when Savard is ready or even use 1 of them with Hoffman or Stone to improve your 2nd line. Tons of options but I think if you get Johnson 1 of your top 6 players have to go unless you trade away Adelkader or Wingels and move down Stone or Hoffman. Lazar has to stay as 3rd liner center

17. ghetto homie juan

ghetto homie juan Rookie

Johnny trade a first and turris for zod also in the next video show us the top five picks and your roster also sign Johnson to make up for turris

18. Statssniper

Statssniper Pro 3

I honestly liked what you did but instead of Ryan it should have been Turris who got traded. Go in free agency with all your cap room and sign Tyler Johnson and another defenseman. All the goo teams that are cup contenders have two really good centers. Would you consider Mika Vibanejad a great center? Sign Johnson and your team will make a serious run in the playoffs. Sign Brandon Hope too because you only have Mackenzie Savard in the AHL

19. Blues Clues

Blues Clues 2BC Elite

I like the moves you made, you got younger and you shook things up. I think with your 10 million you should look into going after Tyler Johnson and maybe another forward if you have the cap. I also think you should trade Zibanejad since you have young guys like Konecny coming up. Trade Zibanejad for that last winger, defenseman, or just play Mika on the wing. Definitely sign Johnson as you need an elite center core and it puts Turris in a better position.

20. frank p

frank p Legend 2

I really like the moves made at the deadline. Like you said in the video, it makes the team younger. One thing I saw in FA was that Drew Stafford (83 ovr 31yr old) was asking for 1.75m for 3 years. If you check out his personal stats and he has good defensive stats, I could see him being an affordable bottom 6 forward. He could almost be a replacement to Joel Ward. Next, I also saw S.Koekkoek and J.Dotchin were restricted FA's who could take over the top 6 D spot. The compensation for a RFA is offered over 1,682,194- 3,364,391 is a 2nd round pick, and both guys are asking for around that amount. I forget if you still have your second round pick so I don't know if you could get the deal through. Also those numbers are based off of the 69m cap ceiling (Idk if it changes when the cap ceiling goes up.) There is a tab under GM Options where you can check.