OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 23 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Patrice Bergy

Patrice Bergy Legend

Get Dotchin, I had him he was a good top 4 defenceman for me

2. Hoverhand

Hoverhand Bernie Sanders Enthusiasts

I think Tyler Johnson would be nice you could get a nice one two punch at center with Johnson and turris. Move zibanejad to the wing because it's weaker than ur center core after the signing of Johnson

3. OttawaFan65

OttawaFan65 Rookie

Hi Johnny,
    In my opinion you need to get more "fire power" per say. Tyler Johnson is a must this free agency because he will give you that and force Turris to the 2nd line along with Zibenajad(move him to wing) and burakovsky. Then trade for a RW to play along side Schwartz and Johnson.. Someone like (Palat) who you could sign if the cap space is there. The Defense is fine once you get that sixth man but your priority should certainly be finding the fire power on offense for next season, or you will find yourself relying on Lehner too much

4. Reilly Scully

Reilly Scully Rookie

I like the moves you made at the draft. They should put the team in a better spot moving forward. I think you should try to sign Tyler Johnson, I believe he many bring more production to the first line than Turris has given you. I would not advise on banking that you will be able to sign Palat, the CUP teams often match the offer sheet that you extent to a player. Also the compensation need for that salary would be a third or a second, you do not have a second round pick for the upcoming draft. This would make it unlikely you could acquire Palat through free agency. If you are able to sign Johnson, trade Turris or Zibanejad (depending on which you would like more for the second line) for a top 6 defenceman and maybe a couple picks to even out the trade values.

5. OttawaFan65

OttawaFan65 Rookie

Signing Tyler Johnson
    Trading a center for a winger
    Signing that 6th dman
    Those are three things you need to do but I also believe that you need to make sure you get someone to play alongside Schwartz and Tyler Johnson on the first line and then have turris/zibenajad with burskovsky and whoever else that you choose

6. Kobe Knight

Kobe Knight Rookie

You made some good moves Johnny, but you left some holes in the team. You need some solid wingers to play on the right side. You're pretty strong down the middle so maybe you can trade a centre (Wingels, Lazar, Konecny) for a solid RW or two, Guys like Tyler Ennis, Drew Stafford, Chris Stewart, Michael Grabner and maybe even David Clarkson would be good. You also need to sign a solid top 6 defenceman and a guy like Koekkoek or Dotchin. They're still young and could possibly grow to a 90-91 overall player

7. billy booh

billy booh Rookie 2

I think you should sign T. Johnson. And then you wait until before the season to see who jumps, namely Zibanejad and Lazar. You can then trade away one of Turris, Zibanejad or Lazar for a first line right winger.
    You should also take a good look at S. Koekkoek from TBL. He might be worth an offer sheet. He would round out your top 6 very nicely and there is not much else in free agency in terms of Dmen. Either B. Butler, 81 at 1.5 M or a bunch of 80 overall depth Dmen
    For Goalies, I would stay with Lehner, Elliot is not worth the almost 5 M at 86 overall and 32 years old.

8. Teuvo Teravainen

Teuvo Teravainen Superstar 2

don't sign johnson, karlson and lindholm's contracts are up next year so save money. Then trade wingels and abdelkader for kucherov and then you can sign that koekek guy or trade ethan bear for a left handed defenseman 83-84 overall. This is how your lineup looks
    1st line shwartz-turris-kucherov
    2nd line burakovsky-zibinajed-stone
    3rd line hoffman-lazar-dadanov
    4th line fontaine-smith-condra
    defense
    1st lindholm-karlson
    2nd wercioch-ceci
    3rd defenseman via trade-braun

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  9. Drakon

Drakon Rookie

Are you mad??? Dude! Don't always go for the best player! Turris is a key player and a 1st is very valuable. Like I like to say, It's always better to have 2 Monahans then 1 Crosby.

10. Drakon

Drakon Rookie

Alright Alright. Please don't eat me alive for this, however if we want to make this team better we need to start taking risks. Some young and good , but hella hard to players. If we sign Johnson, we'll lose 6.5k. I understand wanting a new center, but hear me out. We need someone BIG. Someone to kick us in the ass and make us wake up. *cough cough* Drouin, Matt Duchene, Mackinnon, Sean Monahan.

11. OttawaFan65

OttawaFan65 Rookie

Johnny after seeing some of these people's ideas I believe that the best thing we can do is to go after key players and not just guys for the name. Someone said go for Palat cause he is a lot cheaper than Johnson and can score goals also kill penalties for you. You can then sign more players with the saved money and better your team all around instead of getting one stud. I also think you need to trade for a natural goal scorer, I don't think Burakovsky is gonna cut it by himself when you get to the game 7s. Trading for a goal scorer and signing Palat in my opinion will complete your team for the time being

12. seaner200130

seaner200130 Rookie

Ok, so i think you should pick up jonhson in free agency so your top 3 centres would look like

Jonhson
    Turris
    Lazar

if lazar is ready for the second line put wingels in the 3rd line centre spot and sign a 3rd line winger. Also trade turris for a top end goalie or winger that would last you until savard, Schwarts or dadanov are ready to play top minutes

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  13. EDubbs

EDubbs Rookie

Try to pick up Palat because you need a new left wing and I think Palat is your guy. Also try to go for Johnson if you have the cap room after signing Palat. Your good on defense so now you need to build up your offense for the season.

14. Bob Mackenzie

Bob Mackenzie Rookie 2

I liked the draft trades! Hall didn't perform, now he's gone. RYAN DIDN't perform, now he's gone. I like it. But i think you're good enough for the year! No need to get any huge players in the frwe agency. Let your players grow together.

15. Bob Mackenzie

Bob Mackenzie Rookie 2

He has 3 2nd line wingers! Don't ruin the series you goof

16. Moose

Moose Rookie 2

Johnny I personally like what you've done at the draft. You traded a lot to get good solid quality coming back. The bottom line is they weren't getting it done so trading them away while their trade value is still high is a good move in my opinion. The future looks bright but you do have some work to do offensively. I'm not gonna lie it looks pretty weak without a high rated goal scorer up front. Tyler Johnson is a must sign, solid player who is not asking for an arm and leg contract.

17. Michael Cudahy

Michael Cudahy Rookie 2

Dear GM Johnny Superbman

It has come to my attention that the Ottawa Senators have 10 million dollars in cap space. SO USE ALL OF IT FOR ERIK KARLSONS SAKE. Sign Tyler Johnsen and do what the real Senators did and trade Robin Lehner! Because he doesn't have a cool nick name like your other goalies, and all golies need either 1) A good catch phrase example: "I have Hope" Arizona Coyote GM Superbman, 2) A cool nick name example: Dobie dobie dooooooo for Devan Dubnyk.

Sincerly Some Stupid Analyst Who Needs A Sandwich

18. Raven

Raven Pro

How does it make sense to sign an 85 ovr with only one year of growth left for 5mil plus have to give up a 1st and 3rd to get him when you can get an 88 ovr for just 2mil more without giving up any picks? And you want to use that extra 2mil to sign a 31 year old 83 ovr RW for the 2nd line while trading away an 84 RW in Stone. So overall you're spending anywhere from 7mil to 8.25mil (plus the price of the 1st line RW) and trading away a 1st, 3rd, an 84 RW, an 84 LW and a 3rd liner (possibly one of your young Cs) for an 85 LW, an 83 RW and a 1st line RW.

When you could just sign an 88 C in Johnson for 7mil and then trade Hoffman and Zibanejad/Turris for that 1st line RW which would pay for most -- if not all -- of that RWs cap hit and you'd still have your 1st rounder for next year to possibly trade to upgrade at the deadline.

19. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

Johnny, Johnson and Palat are your guys.

20. Dan Mackenzie

Dan Mackenzie Rookie

Johnny sign johnson then trade turris for a forward or goaltender if you feel like it Or you can keep them both and make your first and second line center men that much better Either way it would be a big mistake to not try to sign tyler johnson palat would not be bad either Your team has made the playoffs three season in a row so if you cant get anything great for turris go for the older vets to bring in the playoff exprience i am thinking a David deharinai that used to play for montreal he has all the playoff exprience and he is a great little player