OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 24 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

Any more changes before we start year 4?

• Like x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • List
  2. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

Johnny I think this is the team you sim the first couple months with. You traded a bunch of picks to improve your roster now and while I think that was the right thing to do, shaking the pot anymore could cause more damage than good. I can see this team being a cup winner.

And if you're disagreeing with my post because you think Johnny should trade for Rogers, tell me what universe that would be realistic in?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    • Like x 8
    • Agree x 8
    • Disagree x 4
    • Winner x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Angry Fans

Angry Fans Rookie

Johnny, Roger's trade value isn't much higher than Savard's and he's a couple years younger with higher potential. I think you should attempt a trade and snag up that beauty

• Disagree Disagree x 21
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Monkeyweather

Monkeyweather Rookie

You can not count on any of the people who have not jumped last year to jump in overall this year. I have seen it happen once and it was with a ~20 year old with 4 and 1/2 star rating. Don't get me wrong, it might happen, but you have to plan on it not happening because it likely will not.

Put Lazar on that second line. If he doesn't progress before the playoffs, switch him back.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. sebibi

sebibi Rookie

trade savard for captain america his trade value is much higher at all

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • List
  6. Jose

Jose Rookie

Johnny don't be a goofball magundy trade for Genaral Zod or you can just go trade for a different goalie, lehner is not going to help you he'll just make it worst, you can trade him to get trade value

• Disagree x 13
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • List
  7. AX9991

AX9991 Rookie

Hey johnny just a heads up, if the team isn't having a good season to the point where they're going to miss the playoffs put Zibanejad on the first line, I've seen him jump from 85 to 88 when he gets a season on the first line.

• Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 4
    • Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Savage20

Savage20 Rookie

Johnny trade Savard for Rogers, his trade value isn't much higher and he could certainly be the goalie you need.

• Disagree x 9
    • Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Mike Fisher

Mike Fisher Rookie

Johnny, trade savard and hope for steve rogers! The series would be much more entertaining!

• Disagree Disagree x 15
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Johnny, I'd recommend playing Lazar at 2nd line center instead of Zibanejad. Zibanejad has been so-so as a 2nd line center, usually getting between 45-50 points, while Lazar has consistently put up 30-35 points on the 3rd line while getting limited powerplay time, which is great for a third liner.

Zibanejad has never really grown much over the course of this series and seems stuck at an 85, while Lazar is younger, has been consistently improving and could get up to an 86-88 overall depending on where you play him. Keeping him on the 3rd line for too long could stunt his development and keep at an 84/85, just like Zibanejad. It also seems as if Lazar might have better offensive categories than Zibanejad, especially when it comes to shooting.

I think Lazar would fit in well on a young guns line with Burakovsky and Hoffman, while Zibanejad would be a better fit on the more defensive third line. He would also help Dadonov develop by creating space for him and setting him up with good passes to convert on. If you play your cards right, Lazar could one day ursurp Turris as Ottawa's #1 center.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. samy31

samy31 Rookie 2

I think you should have put the contract of Johnson to maybe 7.2 mill.. Maybe you could have traded Turris and Wiercioch for a better top 4 defence man or you could have also moved Turris to the 2nd line and did the same trade I said but with Zibanejad cause I think Lazar will outgrow him. Johnson would be that 1st line C you needed to win you games but I respect your decision.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  12. Tyler Bozak

Tyler Bozak Rookie

Hey Johnny,
    I say you keep the team the same for now and see how things shape-up. Your defensive core looks filthy, and I believe that will make up for your offensive core that is still developing (Lazar, Dadonov etc).

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Camel0t

Camel0t Rookie 2

I kind of like that Tyler Johnson didn't join the team. Makes it more interesting.
    Please don't trade for Zod or Captain America... I want to see them grow and comeback and kick your ass in the playoffs.

You have to trade Hope back to Arizona. It's where he belongs.

• Agree x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. loghaine633

loghaine633 Rookie

package savard and a pick for steve rodgers, then trade wiercoch for a top 4 right handed defenseman so ceci can play on the left side, and then trade wingels for carl hagelin or emerson etem

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. RangersRule

RangersRule Rookie

I personally would like to see Wingels and Stone for a player such as Etem, another young sniper who can play well. I know you have a lot of Hope in Stone but he hasn't grown at all since the start of the Series.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. BMESS55

BMESS55 Rookie

just savard and a 3rd or prospect

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. SuperbSock

SuperbSock Rookie

johnny, I think the only way it will be possible to get back to the playoffs is by getting a first line right wing. You had the chance in Tyler Johnson but you blew that one so know it comes to trades. I think you could trade Wingles, Abdlekader, and a draft pick for a 86-87 overall forward that can play on the first line right now but when your young high potential players get to be first liners, that player can move down to the second line and not go down in overall.
    Also the player that can fill in for the gap you would create is one of your 81 overall depth players, 81 is good for a fourth liner!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Drunk Johnny Toews

Drunk Johnny Toews Rookie

I think you've done what you need to do in the offseason. Maybe a trade, but I think you have a team skilled enough for Conference Final/Stanley Cup. I think in a year or two you will make it to the Stanley Cup Finals. Avoid trading unless the fans request it a lot, although you should get a better goalie, but don't trade for Zod or Captain America, you're team doesn't need it. Just stick to the game plan unless you want a better goalie, that's worthwhile to the team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. Connor McDavid 97

Connor McDavid 97 Rookie 2

For you nhl team there's nothing you can do but hope. As for your ahl team, make them the best damn ahl squad to ever step on the ice. Scratch Brendan Hope. Give the starting role to Mackenzie Savard. Give all your high potential players superstar minutes

• Like x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. Jeremy_Cardinal

Jeremy_Cardinal Rookie

Johnny you should trade Zebinijad and a 1st round pick for Jonnhy General Zod and remember that in NHL 14 he was the best player in the world!!!

• Disagree x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • List