OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 24 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Yulam

Yulam Rookie

My thoughts, put
    Zibenijad
    Lazar
    Turris
    Smith
    Put turris on line 3

2. pfm66

pfm66 Rookie

get Captain America PLZ!!!! his value isn't that high so you could trade savard and a bit more for him... trust me 5 green star players become high 90s!!!!

3. pfm66

pfm66 Rookie

he through realism out the the window and Rogers is 5 GREEN STARS!!!!!! also his value is fairly low

4. pfm66

pfm66 Rookie

Johnny make a poll and we could tell you what to do there

5. tezgm99

tezgm99 Pro 2

A 3rd line winger who is a sniper 4 years in.....where are Chris Higgins and Mason Raymond currently? If you want a younger player, how has Pontus Aberg (he's a 3.5* in the default rosters I believe) progressed at Nashville?

6. Jake Broer

Jake Broer Rookie

You have 2 options when it comes to Savard and Hope in the AHL.
    1. Put Savard as the primary and Hope as the backup. If you do this, Savard will continue to grow and can be reliable for if/when you need him to come up. This also allows Hope to be the AHL primary if Savard is playing in the NHL, helping HIM grow more.
    2. Put Hope as the primary and Savard as the backup. Hope already has a 78 OVR while Savard has a 73 OVR. This allows him to grow into an 80(+) OVR goalie quicker than Savard would (possibly). Then, if you need a goalie, Hope can come up and Savard can be the AHL primary, helping HIS growth.
    This all depends on if you want to give the priority to the goalie who's been part of the team longer, or into building up the higher OVR goalie into an NHL starter.

7. ordinalmammal62

ordinalmammal62 Rookie

Johnny I think those trade were realistic. Look at the 2008 blackhawks. They had vrbata, havlat, bourque can barker troy brower, wisnewski and ruutu. They made big trades and free agent pickups and they won 3 cups since. So all of u saying unrealistic trade also look at the Gretzky trade. I think this was a great move Johnny. For a third liner get Zach kassian he has good offense and defense he will still grow I believe.☺

8. blayne hutchison

blayne hutchison Rookie

Johnny, now that stone hasn't jumped and he never will (which most of us called from the start). With this being said, you mentioned Weircoch did not grow into what you wanted from him. With your depth at both forward and D, you can afford to package Stone AND Weircoch together to either; a) improve your top 4 D or b) improve your 2nd line RW spot. Personally I would upgrade the top 4D because of the fact that you have dadonov coming up and it wouldn't make sense to bring in another forward contract.

From the boys at GHZ Sports, Go Sens!

9. blayne hutchison

blayne hutchison Rookie

yeah they definitely did not win the cup in 2008.. they didn't even make the playoffs

10. OttawaFanOne

OttawaFanOne Rookie

I think you should have offer Johnson more money and I think it still would've been realistic because it happens IRL as well just look at the Babcock signing by the leafs

11. Mambuu

Mambuu Rookie 2

"Seems like Kyle Turris will be the man" That pretty much sums your upcoming season up. Has he produced earlier? Nope. What else happened to your top 6? It got worse. Will he work now? Doubt it.

I can't see a good season ahead of you. You had the chance to trade for a good center. You did not produce, and now YOU WILL LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES. There's no one else to blame. Expect for Turris, which is pretty much your problem anyway.

Also, don't expect any growth out of Schwartz or Stone. I've noticed that certain players just don't grow higher than they have been set by EA, no matter if you change their potential (my theory). Bura will definitely get to 88+, and since Lindholm has been set to be a star in this GM, he could still get better. Lazar will grow if he is played in the 2nd line, Ziba is pretty much done now.

You would know that if you knew how GM works... and if you knew, I wouldn't have had to write a dozen posts about trading Turris away. You would have done that by yourself.

12. Binch

Binch Rookie

You need a better first line center than Kyle Turris to make a serious playoff push. With Lazar getting better, trade Zibanejad and Wingels for a top line center 88 overall or higher. Then give Turris second line minutes, Lazar 3rd.

13. Dion Goof Phaneuf

Dion Goof Phaneuf Rookie

I have to say , I really like the team right now! They have great 1st and 2nd lines. And even better is great depth!
    Goalies could be a bit better, but we've seen teams with worse goalies go deep into the Playoffs!

14. Alexandre Burrows

Alexandre Burrows Rookie

Get Emerson Etem, or else we will bite you in the ass like the last gm mode. :)

15. TheRealMbb

TheRealMbb Legend 3 LEGEND

Alex elder is what you need for your defence! I made it to the cup finals I can help,you trade away a 2nd and a 3 1/2 prospect you can get me!

16. SilkyWilky9

SilkyWilky9 Rookie

Maybe look for a team in need of some depth who has a veteran right winger at about 85-87 overall. Package Hoffman and wingels for this winger as he can help you get into the playoffs and then be replaced by dadonov in the future.

17. Suter4Norris20

Suter4Norris20 Rookie

Not related to this year, but would it be possible for Johnny to put in Bruce Wayne into next year's draft.

18. Eski

Eski Rookie

you sayed it yourself... 3rd line sniper for wingels..
    and i dont want to say this but... lehner and scrivens away.. get 86-87 goalie for both of them.. play HOPE as backup in nhl and give ahl start to savard so he can get better soon... he will be ready in 2-3 seasons. so you need to get goalie for that time.. nothing else to do in that team.. it should make points because of those defenders.. keep eye on karlsson... he needs to get over 50 points this year...

19. Ryan A

Ryan A Rookie

Hey Johnny I think you should trade away wingles and wiercoioch for a solid 80-84 overall right winger for your 2nd line and a top 6 d-man and maybe a 1st/2nd round pick you throw in if you are really looking for someone. So once you get rid of Wingles Hoffman can move back, but than burakovsky will have to play third. Or instead of getting a right winger get a 4th lined grinder/enforcer or a person like a wingles to replace is spot on the 3rd line. And last I think you should switch Hoffman and stone every other game in the 1st month to see who deserves the first line. Maybe look to trade Lehner, Scrivens and a good pick for Gibson. I had him go up to a 90 overall in 2 years as my starter.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  20. Ghost of Razgriz

Ghost of Razgriz Devils for the cup!

John Scott would bolster your AHL team lol