OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 24 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 29, 2015.

1. 1st Pick Overall

1st Pick Overall Rookie

Johnny, I think it's time for Lazar to take a more important role! I see him on the 2nd line, center. Zibanezad can go on the wing or you can trade him. But I don't see him on a 3rd line, it's not worth it in my opinion.

2. Kody40

Kody40 Rookie

Johny I would get a good veteran with a lot of poise for your third line so lazar and dadanov will grow to their maximum potential. You should go for a power forward/sniper, the line power forward-playmaker-two way forward usually does good but you could fill a sniper in there too. You could trade wingels and maybe a third-round pick for this player.

3. fratts26

fratts26 Rookie

Johnny, dump Lehner and some picks or depth players for a strong veteran goaltender. It will be impossible to win a cup with an 85 goaltender. Savard's the net minder of the future, so why hold on to an mediocre 26 year old?

4. 19ajb

19ajb Pro 3

If you want to make the 3rd line a scoring line, you're going to want to trade Wingels for a young LW with a bit of potential, so him, Lazar, and Dadonov can grow together.

The Trade might go a bit like this:
    To :ott:
    3rdS LW, 23-26 years old, 83+ Overall (and possibly picks, depths, and/or prospects)

To ?:
    Wingels (and possibly picks, depths, and/or prospects)

If the team is failing you might want to see how Lazar looks up there on the 2nd line and possibly trade away Zibanejad.

5. BlueBull

BlueBull General Manager

Johnny You Must Have Hope As Your Backup. He Is Not That Good At 76 Overall But As You Said In The NHL Gm Mode Rosters Video, It Doesn't Matter About The Overall If You Have NHL Superstars. Play Him On NHL Backup For A While And If He Does Good Keep Him There.

6. ChrisKreider

ChrisKreider Rookie

If you really want guys like Stone and Schwartz to grow then you need to play them on their proper lines. They also tend to play better on their proper lines. But playing them on the proper lines isn't completely necessary as they only have another season of growth left.

7. Rohit Bhamra

Rohit Bhamra Rookie

Trade Wingels for a 3LW Sniper. That's crucial to making your third line lethal. Trade Abdelkader for a 4LW TWF with a cheaper contract in case you don't have enough cap space. Give up on Stone he's a goner.... trade him with a second for a similar but younger winger who can improve. At 25 you'll see very little improvement from him.

8. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

Keep the team the way it is for a month or two, then check your offensive and defensive stats. If offence is still the problem then I would upgrade your top 6 forwards, especially your first line.

9. Jackson Rigler

Jackson Rigler Rookie

I know that it's just a waiting game for Savard, but in order to be a real playoff contender you need to trade off Lehner. He didn't improve even after a deep playoff run and his numbers weren't solid enough all season for a starting goaltender. His lack of performance will hinder young defenseman like Lindholm's growth as well. Trade him for a guy like Howard, older and an overall rating of high 80. Throw in one of the new prospects you acquired. By doing this trade you are making sure you have a deep defensive core (defense and goalie tandem) to help negate the lack of a true offensive powerhouse. Good luck GM Johnny!

10. Forget the Defence

Forget the Defence Rookie

Goalie Analyst Here,
    I've seen a lot of comments requesting to trade Savard for Rogers which (A.) is unrealistic (B.) Giving up on a future elite prospect way too early, yes his trade value is close to Rogers but that only means those two will be yearly Vezina Trophy candidates.
    The Arizona series was Hope vs Marchand and this series is Savard vs Rogers. Another point is Rogers will take one of if not the biggest salary in your team (Remember, 5 Star Potential) while Savard will take slightly less, which is good for resigning your future prospects, so we should have hope in Savard the Saviour, rather than Rogers the Rugrat.

Regarding Lehner, if you want to make a deep play-off run, I suggest you see how he does until the trade deadline, where if needed trade for a veteran goalie like Fleury, but I'm sure Lehner will do his utmost to cement his position as starter for the Sens until the arrival of Savard. But in all fairness, he's capped off at Starter, May grow to 86, even 87 if lucky, but never further than a starter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Devilpogo

Devilpogo Rookie

Trade Hoffman and Wingles for a RW you need one! Stone is your only good player on the RW and you dont really need wingles or hoffman anymore

12. GM Sax-Man

GM Sax-Man Rookie

I used Arcobello as an AHL center or winger to develop my prospects, when needed I called him up and he played 4th or even 3rd line minuets. He was reliable for me in playoff runs - though it was an Oilers GM mode, so I didn't have much luck.

13. TheRealSlimShady

TheRealSlimShady Rookie 2

Lines:

Shwartz-Turris-Burakovsky
    Stone-Zibinijad-Lazar
    Abdlakator-Wingles-Dadonov
    (?)- Z. Smith-Smith-Maroon

I would trade Hoffman for a dedicated 4th line/PK guy and a Top 6 defencedefencemen to replace Butler. Also, Rogers will eventually be dropped to FA when they never sign him.

14. MrYums

MrYums Pro

You need a better first line right winger

15. Slots

Slots MMMMMMMMMMMMMBOP LEGEND

Try to trade for General Zod and Steve Rogers. They can be your franchise savers. Go all out and try and also try to get as much 1st round draft picks you can. Some of them can turn into a explosive players. Also, you guys can be presedent trophy winners in a instant. I whish you guys the best luck. Go Sens!!!:ott:ott:ott

16. Cullen

Cullen Rookie

Johnny you should go get a top 4 d man you know how important d is go get Brendan smith he is a twd put plays like tough guy or Ryan McDonagh that's who you need

17. HockeyGoalie30

HockeyGoalie30 Rookie

I say keep the team the same for the whole season unless you aren't going to make the playoffs first trade if you don't make it is Wingels for a second or a third. If you feel you need to trade Wingels you have really good depth.

18. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

We need an enforcer. KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

19. Alex Martinez

Alex Martinez Rookie

GM superbman honestly in any SIM I've ever done Makenzie Savard at most has only ever gotten to about 85-87 with my run through i understand if you want to stick with his as a goalie of the future and you could win a Stanley Cup with an 86 ovr goalie but i think either you should trade for someone to compete or just overtake Savard because having that ovr 90-96 brick wall behind Lindholm and Karlsson would be amazing.

20. Foux1

Foux1 Rookie 3

You don't need to trade Savard for Rogers. The two of them are very good. Although, I know that Rogers is a 5 stars potential and MacKenzie isn't, but what you really need now is a 84-85 for 1 or two years to backup Lehner. Scrivens dropped to an 81 and he can't keep a 1.90 goal average/game every years. You really need a goalie like Vasilevskiy that got a good potential, but won't grow too much (i'm in a 2021-2022 GM and he is a 82 I think). You can also try these goalies: Anders Lindback (ARI), Malcolm Subban (BOS), Andrey Makarov (BUF), Joni Ortio (CAL), Spencer Martin (COL), Oscar Dansk (CBJ), Magnus Hellberg (NAS), Mackenzie Blackwood (NJD), Andrey Vasilevskiy (TAM), Thatcher Demko (VAN), Philip Grubauer (WSH), Eric Comrie (WIN).

PS: Teams that I marked are in real NHL, so it's possible they're not in these teams in NHL 15