OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 24 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jun 29, 2015.

1. billy booh

billy booh Rookie 2

I think you can play this team until the allstar break and then have a good look at who's doing what. I'd play Lazar on the second line because he's been constantly growing and in this game that is ususally a sign of more growth to come. Zibanejad has really nice stats for a 3rd liner on a cup team so I'd keep him if possible.
    On your defensive end I'd wait and see how Wiercioch and Ceci do together.
    You have a lot of 78 overall players in the ahl. MAKE SURE YOUR PROSPECTS PLAY. Trade away better players with no potential if necessary or you manage your AHL team like the NHL team.

2. JetpackJesse

JetpackJesse Rookie

Can we see what kind of contract the Devils signed Tyler Johnson for?

3. Damon

Damon Rookie 2

to all the idiots wanting to get Rodgers, that would be super unrealistic. You would need something like Karlsson and two firsts if you wanted someone that good. Have faith in Savard, he will also be very good

4. Metalicum

Metalicum Rookie

Johnny, I see some wasted potential. I think your 4th line (and also the 3rd) is simply too good. You have 84 and 83 in the fourth line, two 84 in the third, but they don't get as much ice team as the first and second. It's good to have good players in all lines but it's a waste to have equally good overall players in all lines. Imagine that the 84 from the 1st gets 15 min and the 84 from the 4th gets 8 min. If you have 88 in the first and 80 in the 4th you get much more value, the first line would actually do smth 5 on 5, which wasn't the case last season. (and Hall is gone :'-()
    However, I do not recommend to do some insane trades right now, i would wait until the trade deadline, you should make it into the playoffs. You will need 88 higher RW if you want to get into the conference finals.

5. Angry Fans

Angry Fans Rookie

It would be realistic in the one Rogers is in, since I know he isn't in ours

6. Captain Toews

Captain Toews Rookie

Johnny,

I think you should trade a package of Zibenajad and Turris for a better first line center, I would recommend a passing player like Backstrom and with Zibenajad out of the way you can put Lazar on the second line where he fits perfectly with the other young guns. Also trade away Lehner he is not the elite goalie we were hoping for so trade him for a good veteran goalie who still has a couple of years on him and wait for savard to get better

7. OttawaFan65

OttawaFan65 Rookie

I agree with this^

8. Marps

Marps Rookie 3

You don't need anybodepy new yet, make sure Savard starts with AHL team as a starter, but don't trade anyone until at least 1-2 months in! You need to see what you have before you make changes. Then maybe go for that 86-88 overall first line right wing if you don't like how players are preforming. Also I am not sure if Lehner can get the job done, but the good thing is you can get a better goalie who is older like 32-35 because Mackenzie savard is so close to being ready for you NHL team.

9. Vincent Auffrey

Vincent Auffrey Rookie

I think you should go out for a guy like troy bower he will help the third line grow and he can tally up some points when needed to

10. Vincent Auffrey

Vincent Auffrey Rookie

I think you should go out for a guy like troy bower hewill help that 3rd line grow and he could rack in some point has well