OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 25 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

Tough to decide if we are a great, good or bad team??? I think we should let these guys play

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

You have a good team right now. I agree that you should run with it for a couple of months then see where you are at. Your goals for is fine, in fact it's great. But your defense isn't that great, and it's probably because of your top 6 so I suggest improving that. Also maybe consider getting a better backup goalie if scrivens still has a goals against above 3 after a month or two.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

As far as your roster goes, the way I see it:

NHL team: Your defense is fantastic so having Robin Lehner shouldn't be too big a pain in the ass (considering how much EA loves including goalies in the sim AI) but you really need help on forward. You've got a lot of high-risk, high-potential prospects but none of them really look like future first liners.

Same thing in the minors. Konecny is a top 6 forward if he grows but 4 gold (unless it's Chase Marchand or something) typically caps off at around 85. Mackenzie Savard, Brandon Hope, and Mann-Dixon are all great prospects so goaltending is not an issue but you could stand to upgrade your prospect pool some more otherwise.

My opinion? Don't blow up the team but get rid of some players that haven't been growing like Stone and Zibanejad (you gotta realize that the game sucks; these players aren't going to grow because of their potentials. Once you get to age 24 without even a little growth it's obvious they're busted.) and even Lehner if you feel like it along with some older but valuable depth players (like Justin Braun or Zack Smith). Get some prospects and draft picks from cup contending teams. Keep your core however. You've got the defense to be a Cup contender but sadly that's the only part of your team that looks like it can contend.

(btw I think you busted John Gibson with the 4.5 red lol)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Eli Robichaud

Eli Robichaud Rookie 2

So far, I wouldn't trade anyone out of Ottawa for the next couple months at least. If you do, however, Hoffman is the guy to go. He hasn't done anything special in OTT for this whole series. I'd say get him out of there for a decent sniper for the 2nd line.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Slots

Slots MMMMMMMMMMMMMBOP LEGEND

You guys are good. Draft more defensive prospects to build your team into one of the best defensive team in the league. Trade one of your fourth liners for a depth defenseman. Jaden Schwartz has alot of potential so keep him for a long time. Good luck and go Sens!!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • List
  6. Brew22

Brew22 Legend 3 LEGEND

i'd run with this team until about the allstar break like you said and if your still doing as well as you are now, id then think about making a move for a top 4 defenceman to play beside Ceci because weircoch and Ceci are minus players. Maybe you could just swap him and Braun and see how that works, but as you always say, if your winning games thats all that matters so no change is necessary if you keep winning.

7. JoshyBGoon

JoshyBGoon Rookie

Look at some young d men. Im not saying trade for one.. just look! Karlsson is 29 i believe, and with savard looking to become a elite goalie in 4-5 years, those should be the years when your an absolute juggernaut. A lot of your forwards will be in their prime and d men like ceci and lindholm, but where will karlsson be?... He's gonna be 34 during the franchise's best years. He's an elite talent and makes the team a lot better right now, but look at your time table, its different from karlsson's. Dont be afraid to move some guys just because theyre original senators and "deserve" to be on their team, you need to be factual and unbiased.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. NoName Boy

NoName Boy Rookie 2

No doubt Ottawa is a good team this year, whit a lot of fire power, although I still think Turris should be a 2nd liner and in the future Stone needs to be a 3rd liner. Nevertheless, this year is what it matters and Ottawa is a good team, however they suffer the Pittsburgh goalie syndrome. Lehner is like Fleury, in the 2nd round of the playoffs he can perform like an hockey god and then in a 7th game of the Conference Finals he can shit the bed and that's is what I think is the missing piece. But don't worry, We have HOPE and Savard, but mostly HOPE LOL

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. KSI SnipeMare 8

KSI SnipeMare 8 Rookie 3

Johnny I think you should make your third line a scoring line too. You have Lazar and Dadanov (both scoring players) who both are young and have TONS of potential still even Lazar. That being said you have Wingels (a defensive player) on the same line as them who might be minimizing their full potential and capability to grow. I think you should go out and maybe trade Wingels to get a decent 3rd line scorer EX(Jakob Silverberg, Beau Bennet, Etc)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. VManchester

VManchester Rookie

Not gonna lie Johnny. Lehner looked a little shaky there but I do have faith in your decision to keep Robin Lehner as we wait for Savard to develope. You could tryan pull in an elite golie near retirement for a cup rn next or this year like Vancouver did with Miller or what St.Louis did for Brodeur. Also make Dadanov captain.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. Kanadien

Kanadien Rookie 3

Your defensive core is great. dont touch that untill people start to naturally decline. and your goalie situation is fine when Savard turns into a starter you can keep lehner for a backup if he doesnt ask to high when it comes to resigning him.Your 1st line is absolutely horse shit. I have had 3rd lines better than that on teams that were a first round exit. You traded away your only two top end forwards for potential, And people who wont grow(Jaden Swartz and co) zabinijad must be packaged next year in a trade for a 89+ 1st line center. Keep turris (hes a promising 2nd line centre) finding a new first line is priority one you have no potential first liners. except for A. Burakovsky, you need to learn to realize when players stop naturally growing and just grow statistically. Zabinejed, stone, lehner, and Shwartz will never reach more than 1 overall then they are now. draft well. and dont dwell to hard on the realism. GO SENS!

12. Kanadien

Kanadien Rookie 3

Your defensive core is great. dont touch that untill people start to naturally decline. and your goalie situation is fine when Savard turns into a starter you can keep lehner for a backup if he doesnt ask to high when it comes to resigning him.Your 1st line is absolutely horse shit. I have had 3rd lines better than that on teams that were a first round exit. You traded away your only two top end forwards for potential, And people who wont grow(Jaden Swartz and co) zabinijad must be packaged next year in a trade for a 89+ 1st line center. Keep turris (hes a promising 2nd line centre) finding a new first line is priority one you have no potential first liners. except for A. Burakovsky, you need to learn to realize when players stop naturally growing and just grow statistically. Zabinejed, stone, lehner, and Shwartz will never reach more than 1 overall then they are now. draft well. and dont dwell to hard on the realism. GO SENS!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. An Average Spork

An Average Spork Rookie 2

The team is fine, roll with it. You finally got Turris going by pairing him with Stone, Lindholm and Karlsson have chemistry, and Burakovsky is putting up points on that 2nd line. Lazar is even putting up great point totals on the 3rd line from the PP time. The team is doing fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Kanadien

Kanadien Rookie 3

IMO this year is for growth. no chance at big playoffs

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. 12S Leafs

12S Leafs Rookie

I think you should just run with this team until the trade deadline and if the team has a good record then maybe you could trade your first round pick to help out somewhere for the playoffs, and the next few years.

Also check to see what line dadonov should really be playing on because I don't want you to stunt his growth.

16. Ryan Prince

Ryan Prince Rookie

Johnny, trade Scrivens and Stone for a veteran elite goaltender like Jimmy Howard OR someone like that. Put Burakovsky on the first line, Wingels/Dadonov on the second line, Abdelkader on the third line, and put a depth player on the 4th line. This will give your team playoff opportunities while Mackenzie Savard develops, plus going deeper into the playoffs will give players like Burakovsky, Lazar, Dadanov etc. expierence and growth as well.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  17. Predators

Predators Veteran

Put Savard in for next year's preseason.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  18. loghaine633

loghaine633 Rookie

i know its a long ways away, but robin lehner shouldnt be traded until either hope or savard have nhl starter status. And then maybe package stone(if he doesnt grow) with lehner for a 1st line right wing that needs a goalie

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. theghostofparsons

theghostofparsons Rookie

I wouldn't change much right now. As they say don't fix something if it's working. I would say that depth for you could be the biggest issue right now. You could try and go out and get a winger with potential that is 22-24 and 82-85 overall just to boost that third line and play alongside Lazar and then let him compete for a top 6 spot. Also you need a solid 6th defenseman that is a reliable defender that is 83<.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. SteveShutt

SteveShutt Rookie

I think that stone isn't going to cut it, Jayden Schwartz he is okay, but I suggest making a big trade at the trade deadline, like a first line RW and stone can have 2nd line time. Since you want to trade away your 1st round pick, you should go for it. Ottawa needs a cup.
    Before trading for a 1st line RW, check on Stone's stats to see if he isn't ''cutting the ice.''
    Your defensive corps is great, as well as goaltending.
    1st line RW suggestions:
    Zack Kassian (4 green star potential at the start of the game, might have grown)
    Loui Eriksson? (old)
    You have Dadonov, so if you wish to be patient, then go for it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List