OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 25 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 3, 2015.

1. x--synister--x

x--synister--x Rookie 2

This team can score! Small improvements would be moving Wingels to 3rd line center, moving Lazar to the 2nd line center and putting Zibanejad on the 2nd line RW. Move Hoff down to the 3rd. Bring up Abdelkader and send Dadanov to the minors to help develop Konecny. Dadonov is the future and I can't wait to see him tear it up but give him a year

2. King of Hanlya

King of Hanlya Superstar 3

Jack Hanley, top 10... look at my username (real name: nHanley19). He's a defenseman, I play D... DRAFT MY BROTHER JACK, JOHNNY! He WILL shut your team down if you don't draft him ;)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  3. Tim Murray

Tim Murray Rookie 2

Team looks to be a contender and the only things I see that can go wrong are injuries to key players and inconsistent play by Lehner. Other than that this team should be a good one!

4. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

The team is fine, don't trade anyone. It could just be lucky simulation, but the team is still playing fine. Don't trade anyone and don't change anything yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. PappyWTF

PappyWTF Guest

Hey Johnny, you should move Mark Arcobello down to the 2nd line on your AHL team b/c he's a Minor league scorer, and will definitely help the simulation.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. McDavidFTW

McDavidFTW Rookie

So far I think the team is looking good, but when the time comes to make so trades I would. suggest going for young players between the age 20-25 who know what there doing like tarasenko or saad.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  7. Drunk Patrick Kane

Drunk Patrick Kane Rookie

Personally I agree you are playing good right now. I think your defense is solid and should be like last year but if you wanna have a good run this year I think you need to add a bit more. Now I agree that a move like nick backstrom is completely idiotic but I think you could get a solid 87 or higher player without sacrificing defense or offense. If you already are confident with the future prospect you could give up draft picks and some depth like wingels or Justin abdellkader(no clue if I spelt that right) to get a guy like Logan couture or Ryan o'reilly.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Rookie

Hey Johnny, since we're 4 years into this gm mode it would be great to see how some players have developed. So it would be great to check out the rosters that teams are entering the season with.

9. Mich14

Mich14 Rookie

Johnny, Trade Stone. I know he has some goals, but you are saying that you want next year to be better. You can't have an eighty four overall on the first line next year if you are saying what i think you are saying.

Also you are saying that the future is bright because you have 4 star players. How often do the potentials work out for ya? Well I've seen a lot of gm mode commentaries and usually a 4 star player is a flop. Just trade stone for like a first line player. He doesn't have to be great but he should be able to get the job done. Like a 30 goal scorer. Its not much to ask. But its not really realistic to have an 84 overall on the first line. On a dynasty team he would be a 3rd liner. Thats your goal right. Think about it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. Devyn Turner

Devyn Turner Rookie

Johnny, the answer to a better goals against average lies in that top 4 defence. A minus 4 and 5 aren't doing you well. I know everything is working out for you, and you are winning, but team defence always wins. Wiercoch and either a second or a 3rd needs to be traded. Take a look at the scouting to see how deep the draft is. You may need to wait a whole before you find your approx. draft spot, but you need a defensive dman with Ceci. Look around teams for a 25-28 year old dman. That should solve the problem. Don't force it though

11. Michael Bartner

Michael Bartner Rookie

Johnny you should explore the option of moving Burakovsky to the 1st line instead of Schwartz. Although Schwartz is 1 overall better Burakovsky is 3 more years younger and at 22 years old he could have the potential to be a 90+ overall while Schwartz might become 87 and stay There

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. I say stick with your team and trust them. Somehow the Ottawa Senators have proved all the analysts wrong this entire series. Trust your judgment, Johnny.

13. Janhouu

Janhouu Rookie

Trade for Zod or this series will be a bust. You can easily give up Mika to make room for Lazar

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  14. Mikhail Garbageovski

Mikhail Garbageovski Rookie

Give Dadanov second line time and ship hoffman out. Hoffman isn't performing at all and you could trade him and wiercioch for a strong top 4 defenceman. I know you want to keep the team the way it is for now but consider this at the all star break or the deadline.

15. Zeus Moro

Zeus Moro Rookie 3

Johnny, keep Stone for as long as he's producing the way he's producing.
    He had a 20 goal season last year and was your best player offensively last year in the playoffs. Now this year he continues to get it done with 7 goals in 11 games.
    84Ovr doesn't mean third liner when you put up the numbers Stone is currently putting up.

16. Jesus

Jesus Guest

You know in what universe a team would trade away 1st overall pick goalie? The universe where a team trades away a 23 year old d-man who's one of the best in the league. I know they didn't make the playoffs, but if they wanted to shake up the roster, why not trade one of the crummy old f ucks like Perry or Getzlaf?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. Ghost of Razgriz

Ghost of Razgriz Devils for the cup!

Well if your scoring dies fall off somehow I have the perfect addition. Reid Boucher is a Dadonov type second third line player. He scores a lot of goals regardless of his overall. If you do get him I'd put him with Dadonov for that chemistry

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. Mike Ribeiro

Mike Ribeiro Pro

Johnny, don't trade anyone until the trade deadline. It's still way too early to figure out if you should blow up or keep up.

• List
  19. N-ster

N-ster Rookie

GM Superbman, your team is playing very well, however I suggest being proactive on certain aspects.

Defence: Your first line defence is KILLING IT. WOW. Now you just need your 2nd line to be better, perhaps a DFD will help? They should be + players, I suggest getting someone to help out Ceci at some point

Goalie: Lehner is not going to be great for deep playoffs. If you want to have a better chance at going deeper in the playoffs, you may want to trade for a Veteran who would be able to hold his own better than Lehner can until your prospects develop.

Offence: Too deep. Abdelkader on 4th line? Improve your Top 6. Stone is 3.5 Green potential, he does NOT have the potential to be an 86-87, he will NOT grow. If you want to keep him, that's fine, but don't expect growth, he's grown well enough already, you're asking for a bit much from him.

20. 19ajb

19ajb Pro 3

I think you should stay with the team, but if the team starts to fail with scoring, then I would suggest trading Wingels and some depth for a young 3rd line sniper to play alongside Dadonov.

The combination of 3rdS Sniper-Lazar-Dadonov would create a lot of goals for Ottawa