OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 25 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 3, 2015.

1. MrYums

MrYums Pro

You aren't a Stanley Cup team yet, so hold onto those 1st round picks.

2. MrYums

MrYums Pro

Why would he trade for more defense when he clearly already has great defense?

3. TheBouts89

TheBouts89 Rookie 2

I think that the best way for Dadonov to grow as a player is to leave him where he is. He'll learn to play with Lazar, and the points will start to come. Putting him in the AHL, in my opinion, will not help with his development. If you have any of your power play guys get injured, give him some time there, too. This is the season where he'll get lots of experience and hopefully he could be 82-83 overall next year.

4. spikejdr

spikejdr Rookie

A main problem may be the fact that you have 2 OFD on your main defensive line. And you don't have any really good players on offense or in goal right now. I know you're looking for depth and future stars but you may need a bigger offensive veteran to lead the team for now. It's a good team, but may n ot be good enough. You at least want a chance at making the playoffs.

5. Ryan A

Ryan A Rookie

trade wingles for a 4th or 3rd line left winger he isn't cutting possibly trade a few draft picks wingles for a 83-85 LW and a depth LW like 68-75

6. YiniM77

YiniM77 Original Blazin' Glazin' 1,000

Trade away Robin Lehner
    Lets face it, hes garbage
    He always blows leads in the 3rd period
    I don't think Savard will be ready for another 2 years
    Get a goalie around 33-34 years old and make him your starter until Savard is ready to play in the NHL
    He should be 87-88 Overall
    Some options might be: Jaroslov Halak, Ryan Miller

7. Dustin Penner

Dustin Penner Rookie 2

Johnny, I like how you've revamped the roster. But I really think you need a goaltender thats fairly young and better than Lehner, at this point we need to get rid of him. He gives up leads that should've been wins. Also you need to get rid of Stone and Hoffman (and Mika while you're at it) cause you've busted them (Zibanejad at least) and the chances of them growing are lower than your chances of winning the jackpot lottery on a 649 ticket. And get a replacement if you're gonna send down Dadonov.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. CaptainCrisper

CaptainCrisper Rookie

Johnny, Stone has a 3.5 green star potential which means he is going to be a career third maybe second liner. He will probably only develop into an 85 at the most. He is doing well statistically right now so you have no reason to trade him but his play will most likely drop off throughout the season i would look to upgrade him around the trade deadline, you could easily package him with a lower pick for a quality player for a playoff run

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Alosha

Alosha Rookie

J-Dog. I like your lineup. But I'm concerned with Dadanov. I realise he is on the third line, but Abdelkader is getting more points than he is, currently, and he is located on the fourth line. I suggest giving Dadanov 3 more games before you burn through his rookie contract. (From what I understand it's 15 games in real life) If he still has 2 points, move him down to the AHL and move up people who are third line ready from your fourth. My 2 cents. (Even though the penny is non-existant)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  10. Subby-doo

Subby-doo Rookie

Johnny, Mark Stone only has three and a half star potential, so he is already as good as he will get. I mean, I've seen some FOUR green star potential guys not make it to 87 overall. Most 3 and a half star potential players don't even make it to 84, and considering Stone only has one year left to grow, the chances of him getting better are even lower.

11. Teuvo Teravainen

Teuvo Teravainen Superstar 2

instead of 68-75 maybe 78-81

12. sabresfan28

sabresfan28 Rookie 2

Lehner is pronounced "Lenner" please say lenner

13. Andrew101

Andrew101 Rookie

You have a good team and think you shouldn't do anything keep the team together but if someone that is great is on the trading block trade for him.