OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 27 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like x 6
    • Friendly x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • List
  2. YiniM77

YiniM77 Original Blazin' Glazin' 1,000

Johnny at least wait till the video is up before you make a thread
    ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. ZUCC

ZUCC Hall Of Famer

Trade for Tyutin, give up a 3rd and a prospect

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. The Oil King

The Oil King Superstar

My wang dangles more than Dadonov does

• Dumb x 13
    • Like x 6
    • Winner x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. Eli Robichaud

Eli Robichaud Rookie 2

First of all, go for Tyutin. Like you said, a 3rd will probably be enough for a player like him.

Second of all (big one) you should trade that 1st round pick for a 2nd/3rd line sniper who isn't a VETERAN but more a player between the age range of 28-32 (give or take). You should probably throw in Butler as well to seal the deal (you already have Tyutin). Plus if you REALLY need to, you can trade some depth (you've got plenty).

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

I suggest moving dadanov to the minors for the rest of the season, that way he can play on the first line in the AHL and if injuries still happen he can always come back up. I would also go out and get those two players from Edmonton to help out in the playoffs, since dadanov isn't quite ready yet but he will be a beast next year.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Reymjard

Reymjard Rookie 3

I think I got a solution for your injuries in the second line, put Karlsson on the first line RW, put Schwartz on the second line RW, after that get Tyutin to play in your D core. Like that, you'll get offense without losing too much defense. (That defensive core will look like the one you had before the Lindholm trade)

• Creative x 14
    • Disagree x 5
    • Dumb x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. JayHabs17

JayHabs17 Rookie

I think it's a good idea to get Tyutin and also get Semin or Purcell their trade value is low enough that you dont even have to give up your first, And when Burakovsky comes back send Dadonov back to the minors
    You can use that 1st at the draft if you have to

• Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  9. YiniM77

YiniM77 Original Blazin' Glazin' 1,000

Maybe Trade away Ben Scrivens for a better backup
    His stats are pretty mediocre
    Also get Fedor Tyutin for maybe a 2nd or 2 3rds
    Get Teddy Purcell and send down Dadonov

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • List
  10. 3in6years

3in6years Rookie

Just trade for some depth like tyutin and purcell. You are exactly right, that this core group out performs their overalls and wins. Like in real life, look at the Calgary Flames in real life, they have no real studs offensively like monahan and hudler are their best players, but they won and even advanced in the playoffs. This team is the same way, keep the core together for a few years, and you will win a cup with lehner in the next two or three years.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Riley Hill-Pettipas

Riley Hill-Pettipas Rookie 2

Johnny dont change your defensive core at all, you have the best defensuve team in the NHL and if you change it up at all it might jepordize that. What you should do is trade your first rounder for JVR. He bolsters that top 6 and you can just move stone down to the 2nd line, hoffman to the 3rd and Dadanov down to the minors where he is supposed to be playing. You gotta keep stone on the first line powerplay to give him his minutes though.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Captain Toews

Captain Toews Rookie

Semin would be a great idea but he has a 7mill cap hit

13. Riley Hill-Pettipas

Also this trade wouldnt even need to include a roster player so you still keep this core group together

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. NoName Boy

NoName Boy Rookie 2

Johnny I think you should keep your 1st round draft pick, to maybe, trade at the draft if you want it. The veterans available aren't worth your 1st even if you win the president's trophy. Trade for Tyutin and for the Edmonton guy, Purcell I think. Dadonov is a young prospect but he isn't ready for cup run. Send him down to the minors for the rest of the season, he gained experience but now it's for him to help the AHL while you're playing in the playoffs

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. jack.leafs

jack.leafs Rookie LEGEND

Hey Johnny.. I like what you are doing in Ottawa, and I totally agree that the overall on players is not the be all and end all.. It has more to do with player type and the players on the line.

The best thing for the injury riddled Sens to do is to first look in free agency and see if you can sign any depth (low 80, high 70 players).. That way you dont need to waste a pick on a Derek Roy. Also I think trading for Tyutin is a great idea and if you are making a deal with Columbus take a look at their forward crop as well! (Maybe someone like Hartnell could be the guy the 2nd line needs until Burakovsky gets back!)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Riley Hill-Pettipas

Oh and one more thing. Cap space wouldnt be an issue because you didnt use the cap you have because Johnson signed elsewhere

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

If you want to make a move just for this year only, go for Tyutin.

But if you want to make a move to tighten up your defense for 5-6 years, you could look for Andrej Sekera. He is 86-87 overall TWD, who can usually be traded for a first round pick, maybe throw a second in to add some realism. He is a good defender but also a passing machine. In a few of my GM modes he has had multiple 45 point seasons. If I remember right, best one was 54 points(12 + 42), while still having a metric f*ckton of hits and a very little giveaways. Only problem you might run into with him is that he gets hurt somewhat often.
    Still, amazing player compared to the overall and trade value.

18. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 Commissioner

I say get Tyutin and Purcell to improve the team and have Butler, Schlemko and Condra as depth

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  19. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

You were think about putting Dadonov in the AHL and all of a sudden players start getting injured

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  20. First off, I'd go for Tyutin. A 2nd and a 3rd should be enough to get him.

I also think you should trade for a veteran winger (preferably one with no more than 2 years counting this one left on his deal) with a good shooting category and an overall of 84-87. 87 may seem like a but much, but once everyone's healthy you could just put Hoffman on the 3rd line to make room for him in the Top 6. Him being an 87 would also be good as he could then easily step in and play on the 1st line in case one of Stone or Schwartz either starts playing awful or gets hurt. Having him only be an 84-85 would also be convenient as it would make it easier to drop him to the 3rd line if you want once everyone's healthy.

Patrick Sharp, Matt Moulson, Eric Staal, Henrik Zetterberg (depending on how much he's dropped), Marian Gaborik, Joffrey Lupul and Thomas Vanek are all solid options.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List