OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 27 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 5, 2015.

1. LetsGoCanes88

LetsGoCanes88 Rookie

Johnny if you can find a way I think you should trade for Tyutin and a top 6 sniper to replace Burakovsky. In the offseason/draft you could flip the player for a pick or prospect.

2. Gallagher4Captain

Gallagher4Captain Rookie

Since you are almost sure to make the playoff,you should trade young prospect for a 2/3 line forward and/or a defenseman like TYUTIN!Now,i think Hope should be trade.i thin it make sense since you wanna make the playoff and we already see him i think it will more entertaining if we see new prospect like Savard.

By the way i think you should make the ROY & PURCELL trade and also the TYUTIN one..

PS:i think Fontanine and Smith can be good injury backup...consider that

3. Bobby Orr boston4

Bobby Orr boston4 Rookie

johnny i really think it would be smart to pick up morgan rielly maybe trade Karlsson for him and get a pick or 2 back,in my books rielly is gonna be the next me so i would pick him up if i were you.................................. like so johnny sees

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Husk1999

Husk1999 Rookie

But remember he is also young and can grow into a first or second liner the year after with the amount of time he gets on that second line

5. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

Johnny, I suggest getting a good (83 OVR+) LW and Defensmen. You can trade Zach Smith and a high pick. A first round pick and/or a second would work because right now we are working to win the cup and not to draft and develop. You can replace burakovsky with this LW and when Burakovsky returns, you can move him to 3rd line LW and move Wingels to the 4th line Center. You might have to give up an arm and a leg worth of draft picks, but our team will be stacked for the playoffs

6. FlavMaturi27

FlavMaturi27 Rookie

Johnny, trade for Tyler Toffoli, to replace Burakovsky. His trade value isn't that high, and he'll be a perfect fit for the 2nd line. He's a goalscorer, a great passer and amazing on the powerplay. Get him, and you can guarantee yourself a spot at the top of the Atlantic Division.

7. Alosha

Alosha Rookie

Johnny, I like your team. But you need depth on that third forward line, and I think Purcell can give it to you more than Dadanov. He's got the experience and the change in scenery can make him thrive. In any case, he should have better points than Dadanov at this point.

Also, one thing to note about Mark Stone. It does not matter whether he grows or not, in my opinion. If you have a guy that gets the amount of points/goals that he does and he still remains an 84 overall, the future contracts will be a steal. If he grows, great! There could be hope that he could get more points than he already does. In any case, keep Mark because pulling a "Mike Gillis" and trading away players just because the fans demand it is not smart.

8. Dougie Hamliton

Dougie Hamliton Rookie

Well Johnny since Burakovsky is injured since may 1st I think you should grab a 2nd line winger so you can play him on where Burakovsky was and so you have even more depth once it comes time to the playoffs I was thinking a young guy like
    Morgan Klimchuk who you could line up beside Zabinajad on the second line and once Burakovsky comes back you can play him nxt to Lazar !!!!
    BTW Trade For Me IF YOU DONT YOU WILL regret it and you need some Canadian players on a Canadian team its being over run by Sweden , and I am the perfect fit for the Senators always been a dream of mine to play for the Senators

9. Adam777888

Adam777888 Rookie 3

Johnny go for Ryan Oreily or patrick sharp The avalanche are 2nd last in there division and chicago is last in there division.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  10. HullzAngel

HullzAngel Rookie 3

You really need another sniper to fill the gap Burakovsky's going to leave for the rest of the season/start of the playoffs. A lot of people will probably be shouting Dadonov right now, but I think you just need to go out and make a trade happen.

With your new sniper accquisition (around 83/84 overall), move him down to the 3rd line in Dadonov's spot when Burakovsky is back, and move down Dadonov down to the AHL (or use him as depth for the playoffs). Purcell at a push could be workable because his shot isn't terrible and it would be a temporary fix. Plus he's definitely an upgrade from Dadonov on that third line anyway. But I'd definitely take a look to see if there are any one year snipers you can pick up.

As for defense, Tyutin would fit well alongside Braun. Having 2 defensive defensemen as a shutdown unit on the bottom pairing is always a useful weapon in the playoffs.

But the main thing is not to let Burakovsky's absence on that second line hinder your run into the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Iqbat

Iqbat Rookie

Trade your Draft picks. You don't really need them, since you have a playoff team with a good young core. You should also go for Teddy Purcell to replace Dadanov. Dadanov will only grow if he see's more ice-time. In the minors, he would be playing on the 1st line, helping him grow faster.

12. waffman98

waffman98 Rookie

TBH I wouldnt do jack shit. Everyone seems to be clicking and the wins are coming in. However, if I were to do something, I would send Dadanov to the AHL, just so he could grow.

13. mutanninjahertl

mutanninjahertl Rookie

pick up a guy like palat, trade a couple of picks and depth players, you can always move lazar up if he doesn't perform and also you can send dadanov to the minors when burakovski comes back, and keep your defence the same, you are first in the NHL in goals against.

14. Dan Mackenzie

Dan Mackenzie Rookie

Johnny You need to bring back the fan art in the video and not like 2 like 3 or 4 its awesome when it first started happing in the arizona series with out this one is kinda lack luster As for the team its fine wait till playoffs see how they perform there and make moves acordingly

15. Dan Mackenzie

Dan Mackenzie Rookie

Johnny i dont think you will get past the second round because of the young players that dont have the exprience Keep the first round pick dont give it up even if you do well in playoffs that can still turn into a player worth having

16. anthony cullingford

anthony cullingford Rookie

Johnny ur team is pretty good but dadonov is holding back the third line, you need to send him back to the minors so he can grow and pick up a guy like purcell to add depth and improve the third line and make ur team even better. Also adding a better defenceman for the top 6 like Tyutin would improve an already stout defense and add depth for a possible championship run.

17. Bartacus

Bartacus Rookie

All this talk about Tyutin in the Staals. You do not need Tyutin! Your D core is dank enough as it is, even with a major injury or two. In fact, the team should stay afloat and qualify for home ice in the playoffs mostly as is, sans Burakovsky. If anything, grab whatever leftovers there are at the top of the pile in FA for depth.

Moves: Wingels up to 2nd, Abdelkader down to 3rd. TWFs do better on top lines irrespective of stats.
    Trade UP to a better 1st rounder using your 1st and 2nd to get a relevant top 10 pick.

If Dadonov is listed as a Depth FWD, put him in the AHL - he has gotten sufficient NHL icetime for a DF and it shouldn't hurt his growth, plus you can call him back up whenever as needed. If he's listed as a 3rd, then you are SOL and this is a different and decidedly more dingusdangussy Dadonov than the one we all know and love from years back.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  18. AJ Naidu

AJ Naidu Rookie 2

Trade for Tyutin and include dadonov in the deal

19. Foux1

Foux1 Rookie 3

Johnny don't need young players, only depth players, veterans like Tyutin that can play on his bottom 6

20. 19ajb

19ajb Pro 3

Johnny, if someone gets injured or if Dadonov continues to not produce, then you might want to look into replacing him with B.Smith.

He's 81 Overall and is probably listed as a 3rd line scorer, while Dadonov is still listed as a minor leaguer.