OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 27 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Rasmus Ristolainen

Rasmus Ristolainen Rookie 2

i gaurentee that stone doesn;t progress. i know what i see and stones overall is too high for the potential to make him better.i did tests to figure out why mcdavid 5 yellow star 85 overall doesn't get as high as eichel 5 yellow star 80 overall. its because if you really wanted mark stone to get better give him 4.5 yellow star.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. James Dunn2423

James Dunn2423 Hall of famer3 LEGEND

Johnny what I think you should do is go after a guy like Purcell and have him on the 3ed line or however you work it out and if you do get a guy like Purcell you can send dadonov to the AHL on the first line RW where I think he will grow better and if injuries do happen you can bring him up. I personally think dadonov is not ready for the NHL right now maybe next season but not now.

3. EugeneMelnyk231

EugeneMelnyk231 Rookie 2

Hi Johnny its your boss Eugene and now I will be comunicating with you now as well as im done my surgery you will decide the trades, but I will tell you your salary cap and I will recomend some players you should go after or where to put players as well as I will have previews of player morales so I will talk to your team and I will tell you what they think you should do for what they want you to do

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Alex Galchenyuck

Alex Galchenyuck Rookie

Johnny, go on upcoming free agents and look at the players that will be free agents next year (after year 4). I suggest you sign a RW (25-33 yrs old or younger) in case you send Dadonov to the AHL. What do you think about that?

5. Naysg

Naysg Rookie 3

Johnny, what about the canes? They got Glencross and Semin.
    I know Glencross has good defensive stats, but Semin is absolut disaster in D-zone. Id still prefer them over Roy, which is center and you dont them, and Purcell, which is a playmaker, what you also have.

I also think Tyutin would be good fit, maybe even in the top 4. He has good poise (85?) or so i think i saw.

Atleast check Canes before trading for Roy and Purcell.

6. SAl PACI

SAl PACI Rookie 2

Johnny I completely agree with you when you say stone's ovr doesn't show for his good individual stats, for example I traded for a 78 ovr evgeni malkin despite being 78 ovr his shooting and puck skills categories are still 4.5 stars, so to all the idiots who don't agree with johnny listen to him he knows whats best for the team

7. Naysg

Naysg Rookie 3

Yeah its all about that, back in NHL 14 i had Reid Boucher 81 ovrl, he was playing third line and point on second pp. Simmed whole year and he got 38 goals.

8. WizardOfOsgood

WizardOfOsgood Rookie

Johnny,
    I suggest sending Dadonov down to the AHL. Having him on the 3rd line with a TWF and a GRN isn't the best for his growth. Also, his defensive stats are a liability for you on the bottom 6. Maybe trade for Alex Semin. He has one year left, I know he's making $7 million but maybe you could get Carolina to retain 2 or 3 million, and with his value so low, you could easily grab him without giving much up, and they would want to dump at least part of his awful salary.

And keep the defense the same. They're working wonders

Osgood out.

9. SAl PACI

SAl PACI Rookie 2

i wouldn't send Dadonov down because u might stunt his growth a little or give him red star potential I've seen it happen where I bring up a player listed as minor league scorer and he isn't doing well in the NHL so I send him down and then I go to progress reports at the end of the year and he's turned to red star potential so i suggest not send him down to the AHL

10. Teuvo Teravainen

Teuvo Teravainen Superstar 2

he has 81 ben smith in the AHL

11. TheSniper5

TheSniper5 Rookie

I think you should trade a guy like that idiot Dadonov and Maroon plus a first round draft pick for a younger guy like McDavid or Eichel someone that can score points efficiently and is a plus player unlike that idiot Dadonov. Also Get Rid of Stone he's capped off and you can get some better first line forwards or maybe even a top four defenseman.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Rookie

Johnny you should trade for glencross and semin for a 3 rounder and like a fourth Carolina is rebuilding so it fits with what they want to do and they want to trade them. Then you can play semin with Hoffman and play glencross instead of dadinov he not having a good year don't worry about semins cap he has one and Carolina would retain im sure if it. Just my two cents due what you think is best for Ottawa.

13. SAl PACI

SAl PACI Rookie 2

Johnny I know lehner is the starting goaltender he's having a great year but maybe think about getting someone equal to leaner or a bit better for the playoffs incase he shits the bed again. Sort of what you did with ryan miller he had experience and didn't have a lot of trade value, remember it's not the OVR it's the individual stats maybe a corey crawford or maybe a Cam ward and you can try and make a trade throwing semin in there too. Plz understand i'm not saying to get a new starter but to get a solid back up veteran who has decent cap with a 1-2 year deal so you can trade him or dump him.

14. umdfan12

umdfan12 Rookie

Johnny trade stone for a better winger like Nino niederreiter, Andrew cogliano not maybe like Kyle palmeri

15. Claude.Giroux

Claude.Giroux Pro LEGEND

Johnny do you remember how u got Arizona to a dynasty, you grabbed good old veterans like perry that u can rely on for points in the playoffs. Not telling you to get perry again cause hes still in his prime, but maybe someone else that you know u can lean on for points.

Stone has been getting you goals in the regular season but playoffs are a totally different story, i dont think u can rely on him. Dont go for a franchise player but a proven player in his later years, thats my two sense.

16. GooksMcGee

GooksMcGee Rookie

Johnny!

I see kind of a Arizona coyotes situation over here! In Arizona, you traded for corey perry who was an older veteran, knewing he was going to retire soon but made you guys a Stanley cup contender for the short term! And you had prospects lkke barzal and etc who all became studs! So right now in Ottawa, Gaborik is still pretty high overall and would make you guys deadly in the offensive zone as you would have a pure goal scorer and a Stanley cup! They play good enough defense and the stats don't lie so they couldve definitely made up for gaboriks lower defensive awareness! Plus you have up and coming prospects like Savard and Schwartz who will be a two way stud!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane Rookie

Johnny I think Next Season you should Try and get Dustin Penner he could be a good depth Player and you have the Cap I think.

18. HampusLindholm

HampusLindholm Rookie 3

You can get my old friend Jacob Silfverbeg for the future to help you win shootouts, he is a great sniper and has amazing puck skills

19. BackesStreitBoyes

BackesStreitBoyes Rookie

I'm pretty sure the fans would be pumped to have Silf back. Tickets sold would only mean good things for the internal cap... Right, Eugene?

20. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

Are you 12?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015