OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 27 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

Okay, sorry, have to post this again, as I pretty much reworked the post and it fell to the end of previous page:

Johnny, what I think you need to do is these 2 trades:

1: Trade Hoffman with a prospect and/or a 1st for a sniper RW, someone like Nikita Kucherov or Tyler Toffoli. Hoffman slows the 2nd line production, as he is an LW you try to force to RW.

2: Trade either Zack Smith or Tommy Wingels away with a pick and/or prospect for a top-4 OFD/TWD. I'd personally trade Smith.
    Anyway, your def core is getting old(Tyutin, Braun, even Karlsson) and I'd say a new guy to tighten up your top-4 wouldn't hurt. Someone like Torey Krug or Jonas Brodin, maybe? Depends how they've grown in your GM mode.

Just imagine what the lines would look like after this:
    Schwartz - Turris - New guy(Kuch? Toffoli?)
    Burakovsky - Zib - Stone/Dadonov(growth?)
    Smith - Lazar - Dadonov/Stone
    Abdelkader - Wingels - Maroon

Lindholm - Karlsson
    Ceci - New guy(Brodin? Krug?)
    Braun - Wiercioch

As you can see from those lines, I'd keep Reilly Smith and Maroon in your team.

I think this would make your team chemistry more complete and the whole picture more smoother: Stone slows the 1st down a bit? Bring in a 1st line RW, who you still can drop to 2nd if Dadonov becomes 90+, meaning an 86-88 overall player. Stone is still completely fine for 2nd line and great for 3rd.

With these moves your depth would be just scary good. 1st and 2nd would be deadly. 1st espcially. Adding a guy who is around the calibre of Kuch would sure boost the point production of Turris and Schwartz by a ton. Oh and did I even mention that Schwartz has one more summer to go up? His birthday is in June, so you may find him being 87-88 next october.
    Dropping Stone to 2nd wouldn't be too bad imo, as he would still have Zib and Burakovsky playing with him.
    For defense, I'd say Krug would be the more realistic of my two suggestions. You could of course think adding another DFD, but in this game you'll never be in trouble with a combination of OFD/TWD players. DFD's are mostly just big penalty minute guys.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. FizzyFanta

FizzyFanta Rookie

Johnny I think you should trade away Patrick Maroon for a draft pick when the draft comes by. Remember you still have dadanov so you don't need to pick up a right wing. Use this pick to get a Young-Defenseman that could help out NHL or AHL depending how good he is. This is one more step to a young defensive core! Please Reply or Look at Johnny!

3. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

I don't want to sound rude here, but how does he not need an RW? Right now he has Stone(84), Smith(82), Maroon(82, aging) and Dadonov(future ~88). Aqquiring an RW capped to 86-87 would make perfect sense right now. In two years or so, his RW would be something like 88, 86, 84 and 82 over the board, which is completely normal stanley cup winning RW. His LW(87/85/84/83) and C(87/85/84/84) are fine already and they produce.

4. Rasmus Ristolainen

Rasmus Ristolainen Rookie 2

well he isn't growing you can even see, if you go to the progress reports you can see he has no natural growth.

5. EugeneMelnyk231

EugeneMelnyk231 Rookie 2

To people already talking trade talks, be quiet we are in the playoffs and wait till the playoffs are over, depending on how Ottawa does in the playoffs will be the determining factor if we win the cup not many changes will probably be made so let me and Johnny do our jobs and lets just deicuss possible line changes and cheer on you Ottawa Senators

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  6. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

Still don't believe in Lehner, I think when the season done you should look to get another goalie

7. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

*disguss

8. RickNash

RickNash Superstar

Discuss* :lol