OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 31 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

2. Brew22

Brew22 Legend 3 LEGEND

Wow the teams really clicking at the right time. Literally everyone is doing well and Lehner is certainly proving the analysts wrong! Go :ott Go! Bring home that cup baby

3. BlueBull

BlueBull General Manager

Call down Ben Scrivens to the ahl and swap him with Brandon Hope so Hope can win the cup and then if a forward get's injured or if you lose a game put in Dadanov. #WeHaveHope #ThisIsAreYear

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Sevestel93

Sevestel93 Rookie

Jesse Eisenberg as Evgenii Dadonov
    "the red capes are coming...the red capes are coming..."

Blues v Senators
    Stanley cup finals...of justice
    Coming Soon: 5/27/18​

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Tim Murray

Tim Murray Rookie 2

This Lehner guy... I like him. Haha but on a serious note this may be a harder series because they have defensemen to balance out Lindholm and Karlson. Otherwise go get'em!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

7. Congrats can you trade lindholm for me plz!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  8. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

Nothing much to say Johnny. Keep the team the exact same unless you start to lose games then maybe move Dadonov in on the 3rd line. Team played incredible and Robin Lehner and the Ottawa Senators defied the odds and made it to the Stanley Cup Finals! Bring the Cup to Ottawa!

9. FrostyDrosty

FrostyDrosty Rookie

Look at all of the good players points in league and if someone good doesn't have to many points pickem up. It's fair

10. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

Coming up to the draft/offseason you might have to make different desicions depending on how you do in the cup finals.

If you do win the cup it might be the best idea to try to keep a very similar team again next year.

However, if you can't get it done I would suggest trading of letting walk away some of the veterans on your 3rd/4th line to make room for your prospects like Dadanov
    These guys are the future and are starting to get to the point where they need ice time next year.

P.S.
    Michael's name is pronounced Dal Colle (as in coal) not Colle as in Colombia or the French word for glue though it is spelled exactly like it. I'm a huge Generals fan so this really grinds my gears.

11. MrGuy9021

MrGuy9021 Pro

No one can dispute Johnny's move to go away from Dadonov. Ending up sweeping the Islanders is pretty crazy considering the depth they had on the offensive end.

12. Harley Bolton

Harley Bolton Rookie

win or lose, I think Dadanov should play in the last game of the final

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Dylan Krieder

Dylan Krieder Rookie

You forgot to bring up Savard!!!!!!!!!!! YOU need to do that so he can grow!!!!!!!

14. LETS GO :stl!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. jordaneberle14

jordaneberle14 Rookie

I think the reason you are in the finals this year compared to other years is because you signed Hope #wehavehope

16. TheStarsFan

TheStarsFan Rookie 3

Johnny, just keep running the team the way you want to. The Hype train is so real right now

17. nhlfan2015

nhlfan2015 Rookie 3

Johhny grats on making it so far. I really enjoy the way you are building the defensive core to be such a beast. Offense scores goals, but defense saves games ;). GO :ott GO!

P.S. No motivation prep talks in the locker room....they are bad luck :p

18. GandolfTheHonkey

GandolfTheHonkey Rookie 3

Johnny, you made a good decision by keeping Dadanov in the press box because he still isn't ready for the NHL quite yet. If you happen to go up in the series 3-0 or 3-1, I think you should play Dadanov because you have at least 3 chances to close of the series and Dadanov has shown that he can play under pressure.

In the case of Mackenzie Savard, you should put him in the back up position to give him some experience on the bench with his future team, this gives him a chance to hoist the STANLEY CUP.

19. Mike Yeo

Mike Yeo Rookie 2

Alright Johnny, it's time to lay it all out there for the finals. You can talk all you want about who to play and where to play them, but I would just go with the team that won the president's trophy and adjust as necessary. It's going to be very important that some of your key players grow in the fall, otherwise this might be the only chance you get to bring home the cup. In my opinion, Lehner needs to grow (85 is a bit low for a Stanley Cup goalie), Zibanejad needs two good growth years to become your 1st line center, and your top 6 wingers also need some jumps (87+). If they grow, you might have a Dynasty, but if they don't I think this year was a flash in the pan.

20. Ben love joy

Ben love joy Rookie