OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 32 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 21, 2015.

1. ok seriously the bad spelling rating should be gone.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  2. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

Better financially? Then how come 23% of teams are Canadian but yet 3 of the top 5 most valuable franchise are Canadian? And the 10 least valuable teams are all American? And if you want to talk about who can pay quote unquote 'real' management look at the Leafs contract to Babcock? Also I notice you're a Sabres fan. Guess the % of your team that's Canadian? 50. What percent is American? 34. The whole reason that there is so many American teams is because Bettman is American and American is trying to put a monopoly on professional sports. 54% of the league is candian. Only 20% is American. Which country plays the most for the cup? Canada. Yet sadly their are so many American teams that it's always those cities that are winning the cup. The players are playing for the American cities but then the majority of them bring the cup to Canada for their day with it. So ya. Candian cities deserve a little more recognition with the cup

3. nikkimouse555

nikkimouse555 Rookie

YASSSSSS SCREW BOBBY RYAN AND THE BLUES :ott FOR LIFE

4. im not saying american players are better what im saying is that americans are better at taign over your sport, even the freaking commisoner is american.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  5. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

For hockey, there is more money in Canada. Obviously America has more money overall but Canada would bring in more money for the leaugue. You think that a team in Quebec or even a 2nd Toronto one would make less money than Florida or Arizona? And the argument was that 'America is better winning your sport these days' so I've proven that wrong. Your next argument was that America was better off financially that's why there are more American teams but in truth you just have to walk around in Quebec and you'll see people STILL wearing Nordiques hats and gear even though there hasn't been a team there in decades and you can go to Florida and almost never see any panthers merchandise. So no America isn't better off financially. And do you really want to associate yourself with Gary Bettman? He's the most hated man in hockey. I'm GLAD he's American. It would be embarrassing for him to be Canadian because Canadians care about hockey and he only cares about money. Or at least he seems to be but then he keeps putting teams in the middle of the freaking desert rather than a place where they have ice hotels and people have been begging for hockey. Do you want to switch up your argument AGAIN?

6. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

And you did basically say that Americans are better in your first post

7. Meeroo

Meeroo Rookie

Yea right most of your players are Canadian and you outnumber us 7 to 23.

8. all im saying is that the cup belongs to the team that deserves it and for the past 22 years the teams that have won it were based in AMERICA.

9. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

Yup it was. HOWEVER the cup doesn't belong with the team who deserves it. Because the city doesn't win the cup. The players do. And those players are 53% of the time Canadian. So while the name on the cup may be American the players who host it are Canadians. The city of Chicago didn't win the cup, the players on the team did. Same with LA and Detroit and every team since the game of hockey didn't have only players who live in the city who can play on the team. So now, for some reason, America is trying to take over hockey even though the majority of the population has a different favourite sport. But just look at the NHL entry draft. Mcdavid, strome ect. all Canadian. So ya american's aren't winning our sport. Canadians are. Playing for American cities yes but it's the Canadian players

10. Charlie Conway

Charlie Conway Rookie

It almost got REAL bad in the end there. Great job bringing the cup to Ottawa for the first time in franchise history!

P.S. I think Dadonov deserves a roster spot for next season now

11. Jaden monk

Jaden monk Rookie

Keep dananov in on the first or second line give him time he was a 81 ovr not 80 ovr he'll grow a lot with the cup win

12. omg when did i say city, what im saying is american teams won the cup and thats because the canadian teams have had terrible managment .

13. NO I DIDN'T.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  14. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

Really? Go look at it. It says 'Americans have been winning your sport'. Nothing about American teams.

15. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

What teams have had bad management? Toronto yes. But besides that I don't know. Oilers MacTavish a little bit but they seem good right now. I think a reason that it's been all American teams is because over 3 quarters of the teams are Americans…

16. yeah but some of the best gms are in america, tim and bob murray, jim nill, bowman, kekalianen, holland, lombardi, poile, yzerman

17. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

Listen. Your original point was that America is winning Canada's sport. Then it was America was a better hockey market. Now you've switched it all the way to general mangers so excuse me if I'm a little confused.

18. Swagger

Swagger Rookie

FUCK YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. MrGuy9021

MrGuy9021 Pro

You seem to be very insecure about the idea of Canada not having won a Stanley Cup since 1993. Imagine how annoying it would be if Americans were so obsessed with the fact their cities win it more often than you guys as of late.

20. Rafi Torres

Rafi Torres Rookie

Trade everyone except daddy and make him the captain Of course.