OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 33 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

You make it sound like it's some big risk that will be hard to convince Johnny on while everyone is saying something different. In reality, it's a very small 'risk' (if it could be considered a risk at all), that's what it sounds like Johnny was planning on doing, and literally everyone in the comments is saying the same thing

2. General.Zod.2014-15

General.Zod.2014-15 Superstar 3

Johnny I would recommend you signing the super swede grinder . He fits your need for youth and fits in with the super swede locker room . I would also recommend signing Jonas Gustavson . He is an upgrade over Scrivens , is fairly cheap plus fits the team mold of team Super Swede.

Johnny also I would recommend a line change. Instead of having a 2nd line of Burakosky-Zibinajad-Hoffman , can u try out a line of Burakosky- Lazar- Hoffman. I think you should try this because Zibinajad is done growing and Lazar is still young and is 23 years old and is almost as good offensively as Zibby.

This last point that Im going to say may disappoint\upset you but I think Mackenzie Savard is going to bust. He is a 73 overall @21 years old and hes still young , but normally goalies should be around 78 overall @ 21 for them to become starting goaltenders. I would recommend you trade Savard for a young stud prospect( preferablly a young foward prospect )who can replace Stone\ Hoffman in 2/3 years. Another reason to trade Mackenzie Savard is because Robin Lehner has the net locked down for the next decade and has proven to be sucessfull in the playoffs.

3. tsuippo

tsuippo Rookie

i think you should sign anton blidh, he is perfect to your 3-4line that takes 3m off your cap.
    then sign l.ferraro IF he agrees with 2way deal.
    and you really should think of signing teemu"holy slapper" pulkkinen, he is perfect player to play in ahl and if you got injuries he will be pretty good player to play in top6 forward.(1.4m) for him.
    sign a.sustr if he agrees 2way deal, he is good depth defender.
    and last but not least.
    get j.battaglia to your backup goalie, 81ovr 23y old and 0.65m 2way deal. he will be perfect signing and trading asset after this year, because then you should have HOPE ready.
    you are crazy if you change much in stanley cup winning team... blidh is only one to get in playing spot..

4. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

Sign the Swedish grinder

5. Steve Yzerman

Steve Yzerman Rookie

Jonny seeing as the :det haven't made it passed the first round let alone make the playoffs. so I have decided to sign a 6 year contract as the head coach and Gm of the red wings. Get ready for 25 more playoff runs and for Ottawa to never taste lord stanley ever again. Were coming for you GM superbman!

Love, Stevie Y

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. MasterMatt23

MasterMatt23 Hall of Famer 2

Sign Lehtonen and one of Sekac or McNeill. Lehtonen can still play quite a few games and is still listed as backup. Sekac and McNeill still have some trade value so you cash in on them come trade deadline time if you needed to.

7. Tim Murray

Tim Murray Rookie 2

Blidh for sure! A backup may not be a need either with Hope possibly growing to at least an 80. However you will need a depth D. After your top 6 the next best defenseman is a 79, which is bad news if Tyutins old brittle bones break. Other than that just make sure you sign some potential players for the minors.

8. Zheme

Zheme Rookie 2

Well signing that super-Swede grinder should be obvious by now, so go for it and either from Lehtonen-Gustavsson for 1 year as backup.

That super-Swede and fantastic-Finn, Blidh-Lehtinen, pair will be filthy grinder duo for the Senators future!

9. Jeremy Bracco

Jeremy Bracco Rookie

Johnny, you need to get rid of tyutin, hes a waste of salary cap even tho you just signed him, trade for like a second or third, then you should get Dan Hamhuis in free agency for that veteran leadership! Also you should just sign a super swede backup so its perfect for lehner

10. HockeyGoalie30

HockeyGoalie30 Rookie

Johnny get that Sweeden grinder for sure but for goalie get an AHL backup. Hope will be ready and possibly Savard you don't need a NHL backup.

11. UpYourSisters5Hole

UpYourSisters5Hole Rookie 2

Sign RW Anton Blidh
    He makes an excellent 3rd or 4th Line Grinder. He has a 5 Star Skating category and a 4.5 Star Puck Skills category. With his bolt speed and great stick handling, he can definitely put up points on the 3rd line while still playing his Grinder role.

Sign Goalie Prospect Battaglia (81ovr/23yo) or Kozlov (80ovr/22yo)
    Both Goaltenders are in search of their Rookie Contract at 0.650M/3 Years. I would pick up either of the 2 Goalies and see if they make a jump to 82-83 overall in the off-season, leaving Hope or Savard to have 1 more year growing in the AHL. This puts you in a classic Ottawa Senators position to trade away a goalie with great potential in the future. Signing one of these Goalies won't affect your cap either so this is a guaranteed Win/Win situation. Check out the goalies potentials and make your decision. It would be foolish to pass up one of these Goaltenders Johnny!

P.S. Sorry about the username.

12. rudytoots

rudytoots Rookie 2

Only sign the grinder. With Hope being a 79 overall he is poised to jump in the offseason and can gain some much needed experience being a backup.

13. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

I think you should go after the 83 overall grinder and Lehtonen as your back up. However I would only give the goalie a 1 year deal because it looks like hope or savard will be ready to be backup next year.

14. nikkimouse555

nikkimouse555 Rookie

You should really give Savard some serious ice time in the ahl as starter. Maybe even some games in the nhl if someone gets injured in the goalie role, if he's good enough.

15. Reilly4Mayor

Reilly4Mayor Rookie

Johnny Sign Bildh as well you shouldn't need a back up Hope should be a 80+ but sign an ahl backup like Langhamer let Mackenzie Savard Play as the ahl starter

16. Great series so far Johnny! That Swedish guy would be a awesome additition to the team adding depth and grit! Could you take a look through most of the team rosters at some point so we can have a good view at the NHL lines? Even if it's for like 3 seconds per screen we can pause. Thanks :)

17. Vertius

Vertius Rookie

Id say definitely get Blidh hes a good young grinder. As for a backup goalie you can't go wrong with Lehtonen. He would be a perfect backup and you can most likely afford him & Blidh. Also on a side note id still consider trading Braun for Severson. He is a lot younger and cheaper (that could help you get Lehtonen & Blidh) and even though he has 4 red star potential he still has a chance to get better but even if he didn't he is a perfect top 6 defenceman.

18. Updesh76

Updesh76 Rookie 2

Sign the Super Swede Blidh so he can play as a 4th line grinder.

19. Dave Steckel

Dave Steckel Legend

You can't have too many super swedes.

20. Reilly Scully

Reilly Scully Rookie

I think you should sign Blidh for a bottom 6 role. He would be a great fit along side of Abdelkader. I think you should also sign Lehtonen for the backup tendy role. A one two punch of Lehner and Lehtonen would be absolutely filthy. You may also want to sign some younger prospects for the AHL team. You currently don't have much of a prospect pool.