OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 34 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

What PP and PK lineups should we have?

2. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 Commissioner

I think you should do the same lines as you did last year and see if they work if not then maybe change it up a bit. Also call up Maroon for your Depth so that way he can be slotted in to help out with forward injuries.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. HoPE x NaSHTY61

HoPE x NaSHTY61 Let's Go Rangers!!!

Play that Blidh guy on the 3rd liner with lazar and Dadonov. He had a decent puck skills which can help with offense but more importantly he is listed as a 3rd liner. He grew with 3 stars maybe playing him correctly will make him grow more and maybe he then becomes the next Ryan Callahan, a high rated grinder.

Plus can you show us Jack Eichel? I didn't see him listed as a 1st liner, maybe he got the plague

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. davegreenstein

davegreenstein Rookie

Johnny, Justin Braun is listed as a Top 4 Defenseman and Patrick Wiercioch is listed as a Top 6 Defenseman. Your choice, but if I were you, I would put Braun in Wiercioch's spot because not only are you playing him in his right spot, you're slotting him next to Ceci and have a good OFD and DFD duo right there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. davegreenstein

davegreenstein Rookie

For PP, go:
    Hoffman-Turris-Stone
    Ceci-Lindholm

Schwartz-Zibanejad-Burakovsky
    Karlsson-Wiercioch

The reason for separating Karlsson and Lindholm is to have a good point shot on both your power play lines, and when the weaker defensive duo is on, have two snipers to balance it out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Saint Patrice

Saint Patrice 2BC Elite

Goddammit, Johnny. Caron AND Bartkowski? Every crappy ex-Bruin is going to be in your AHL roster soon :bang :lol

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Joacim

Joacim Rookie

Has nothing to do with the pp lines, but Blidh is pronounced Bleed /Swede

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. jokinghazard

jokinghazard Rookie 2 LEGEND

Johnny, upgrade your assistant coach if you want these kids to grow. Hell, upgrade anything with all those points you must have. The last few GM modes you've done you've forgotten that you can upgrade your coaching and medical staff etc..

9. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

Mackenzie Savard grew from 73 to 78, so I don't think you should trade him for another stud since it looks like he's gonna be good in the next few years.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. joshua3of7

joshua3of7 Rookie

Hey Johnny, I think you are getting mixed up on Hope and Savard's growth. Savard went from a 73 to a 78 over the season so he is progressing fine. Hope is the one who is stuck at 78. Just make sure that Savard is the one starting in the AHL. If you do decide to trade him just make sure you trade him out of conference so that he's less likely to come back and bite you.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Ethan Giebmanns

Ethan Giebmanns Rookie 3

Here are a few players to ship out soon: Smith (NHL one), Savard, stone, and Maroon. Trade these players for a 2nd line rw or better, if not get a good prospect with at least 4 gold star potential

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Dejc57

Dejc57 Rookie

I'd say for your second PK unit, have Wingels play with Blidh. Wingels has a good discipline category so your chances of getting another penalty and making it a 5-on-3 go down. He's also a natural center and is a decent "jack of all trades" player (good at everything but not great at one thing in particular). Blidh has a good def. awareness category at 87. It's not always wise to play your stars on the PK because they have an increased chance at being injured. Do your best to not let the injury bug tarnish a season, but sometimes that's just how it goes.

13. x--synister--x

x--synister--x Rookie 2

This team may have some offensive struggles with nobody making a jump. You can hold out for another year and let the defense carry you just hope you don't have another injury like with Burakovsky last year. Also, check out the stats of GZ!

14. LumberjackMC

LumberjackMC Rookie

Johnny, I would be a great addition to the 1st line Left Wing. Schwartz is not as good as me. I'm 87, he's an 86, plus I'm a Two-Way Forward so I can come and score but also be on defense.

15. General.Zod.2014-15

General.Zod.2014-15 Superstar 3

Johnny , i think u should switch Lazar with Zibinajad . Zibinajad has basically stopped growing and Lazar is almost as good as him anyways.

Your P.K Lineups

Line 1 - Turris , Lazar - the d-pairing should be Lindholm-Ceci
    Line 2- Zibinajad,Smith - the d-pairing should be Tyutin-Karlson

Your Power-play Lineups

Line 1-Burakosky Turris-Lazar -d-pairing should be Lindholm and Karlson
    Line 2- Schwartz-Zibinajad-Dadonov- d-pairing should be Stone and Ceci

-With these Power-play and P.K units , you ate using your younger players alot and are giving them ice time that they need to grow .

Johnny i would also recommend a couple trades for you .

- Stone and Hoffman have stopped growing and I think that they are more suited to be 3rd liners . Why not get upgrades for them.

You like having a powerfoward in your top-6 . Why not having try acquiring Wayne Simmonds from philly for Stone+ Wingels?

Also I think you that you need 1 more sniper in your top-6. Why not to try to reaccquire Jakob Silferberg from Anaheim for Hoffman+Wingels or : Zibinjad for Silferberg

One last suggestion Johnny , can you trade Mackenzie Savard for a future stud sniper with 4 and a half stars. Robin Lehner is going to be your goalie now and for the future as he is 27 and will be your goalie for 7 years or so. Also you have yet to have a sniper prospect in your system. Dadonov and Konecy are playmakers , it would be a great addition and those 2+ the sniper could form a deadly first line while not affecting your current team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. VLU5

VLU5 Pro

Johnny you clearly don't understand the growth in NHL 15. That jump players used to get at 26 in previous games is gone. I'm calling it. Ziba, Lazar, Burakovsky, Ceci are not going to grow at all. I put Lazar in there because he hasn't grown too much and playing on third line will stunt his growth even if there's any potential growth left.

17. Henerik Zetterberg

Henerik Zetterberg Rookie

Johnny, as a veteran of the Detroit Red Wings, I would like to say I like your style.But your first line Left Wing could use some help. I've been scouting and shooting around with this kid on the Red Wings Organization and I think you should trade for him. He's an amazing shooter and and he's great defense.we would love to take on Schwartz.

Sincerely
    - Henrik Zetterberg

18. Henerik Zetterberg

Henerik Zetterberg Rookie

Should Johnny Trade Schwartz for Tatar?

19. Dylan W

Dylan W Rookie

Trade Wingels and a pick for a scoring winger. Also have Blidh playing a more important role.

20. Alex Braman26

Alex Braman26 Rookie 2

For now keep the team the way it is but if things are starting to go wrong you could trade Wingels and a draft pick for a top 6 winger and put Stone on the 3rd line