OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 35 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Aug 3, 2015.

What should we do at the deadline?

1. Trust the team that won last year

28 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. Improve the roster/Trade 1st and prospects

123 vote(s)
    59.4%
  3. Improve Depth/Trade 2nd,3rd,4th

56 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

Can't complain, but stacking the DEF core could be dirty....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. TheRealMbb

TheRealMbb Legend 3 LEGEND

Johnny get a 2nd liner like Kassian or grabner they posses size and goal scoring or get depth for 3rd line like lindholm from Carolina he has potential and can will pose as a playmaker with some experience also to even out points you can trade a 2nd maybe prospect for these guys

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. ZUCC

ZUCC Hall Of Famer

Go for a first line RW Sniper. Trade the 1st round pick and maybe Wingles and another depth guy. Dont get another D man it is good enough

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

I suggest going after Edler, trading Tyutin and a 1st like you said. Also it's time to shake things up on your third line offence, they just aren't getting it done defensively. Try to go after Krieder as well.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. goblackhawks

goblackhawks Rookie

Keep Your Team Johnny. Your Team Is Still Young And Can Generate Wins. No Wonder They Won President Trophy. Keep your team But If Anyone Isn't Generating As Much Then Trade For a Top 6 Defender Or Some Depth

• Disagree Disagree x 17
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Dylan Krieder

Dylan Krieder Rookie

penalty kill
    smith-abdelkader and hildholm and karlsson

wingles-lazar and braun and ceci

5-4-1 without lindholm. and i think 0-2-1 without turris. so it looks like ur fine with defense but if ur top forwards get injured you might be in trouble

I say either pick up a def or a bottom forward to help pk and or pp

7. Blidh

Blidh Rookie

Put me on the first line coach. I swear I'll score at least ten in one month

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. spencer54321

spencer54321 Rookie

Get that first line stud jhonny then youll have a dynasty

9. AF Firefly

AF Firefly Rookie 2

I think you should shake up your third and fourth lines as they don't seem to be balanced out. You got 3 grinders on the fourth line which is good defensively, yet no one there to get some true offensive potential while your 3rd line seems to be suffering defensive wise. I'm new when it comes to being hockey minded but it seems like shaking up those lines could help you out.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. qdodge16

qdodge16 Rookie

Put Blidh on the 3rd line instead of Wingels to help with their defensive problem. Also, pick up Edler for Tyutin and your first round pick. Keep away from Pavelski because that would force you to move Lazar down to the fourth line, potentially stopping his growth.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Saint Patrice

Saint Patrice 2BC Elite

Stacking the D would be nice, but honestly, you have bigger needs to address. The offence is still, quite frankly, sub-par. Stone has been embarrassingly bad this year, and he's probably lost you games all by himself. If I were you, I'd be shopping him and assets for an upgrade at the forward position (Pavelski being the high-end option, Brassard/Zuccarello being the economical options). We can try one of them or Zibanejad on the right wing when we get them.

Also. try swapping Wingels and Blidh on the 3rd line, see how that goes, and if he excels, we can even try him out on line 2.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. HoPE x NaSHTY61

HoPE x NaSHTY61 Let's Go Rangers!!!

You want a more defensive 3rd line so that means some 1 needs to come in and someone needs to go... hmmm where would we ever find such a player? Maybe you can trade for Ryan Callahan? Oh wait I know!!! You can just simply move up Blidh and put Wingels to the 4th line! This does not cost you a thing and it is super easy to do just simply hit Y on wingels name, move the left analog stick left once, then down, and hit Y on Blidh! Thus a better defensive and better 3rd line! You are welcome my kind sir... You can thank me later!

• Like x 12
    • Funny x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Anoir

Anoir Rookie 3

It's a pretty silly statement saying ''We're a good team'', considering the fact that you have a freakkin' 95 ovr and 91 ovr defenders on your top-D pairing. With those two on the team, of course you will always be a ''Good Team''. Problem is, with those two, you should be a GREAT Team. A damn Dynasty.

You should make a big move this Deadline and FINALLY get a real 1st line Center. I'd suggest to trade away Zib + 1st rounder + etc, and move Turris to the 2nd line. You will get 4 mill cap space from trading him and if you add 1-2 of your depth players you should have around 6-8 million to work with.

Check out the following Centers:

Patrice Bergeon, Boston is almost last in the League, won't make playoffs. Bergeon has 6,5 mill cap hit till 2021-2022 season, A great defence-minded number 1-center, probably the best in the game.

Nicklas Bäckström, Washington won't make the playoffs, they probably would be rebuilding IRL by now, cap hit of 6,6 mill till 2019-2020. Plus, lose SUPER SWEDE in Zib, get a SUPER SWEDE back in Backs.

Anze Kopitar, LA is in Western Conference, bottom 5 team in the league. No idea on the Cap hit but he would deffo fit the bill for a solid proper 1st line Center.

Yes, all 3 players I've listed are just over 30. But they are all from non-playoff teams who in real-life would be looking to unload them. All have 6-7 mill cap hit and are got great/good defensive stats aswell. And if you need to unload them in 3-4 years they can still be traded away when Konechy has reached his full potential.

I think getting one of these 3 would turn your good team into the Dynasty it deserves to be.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. SuckItPhaneuf

SuckItPhaneuf Veteran

Get Stone outta there now while you still can.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. duranman82

duranman82 Rookie

Johnny i dont think its worth to give up a first for edler. He will really only be useful for one year because of his salary. I think you should trade wingels and like a 2nd or 3rd for a guy like chris kreider who could help out the 3rd line defensively and offensively. You could also try to help out the second line by getting a guy like Zuccarello or Brassard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. Nose Face Killah

Nose Face Killah Veteran

Definitely agree with getting stone put right now, he's been an absolute dud this season, his stats have been trending down, and he never grew. His time in OTT is up. A possibility is kreider (2.9m cap hit, nyr want to give him up, he's quick, decent on offence, big bodied, something like 6'4/220). Your roster is good enough that you don't need more defence, but you need to improve your offence 5v5! Shake up the lines, and find something that works so that you're rolling by the playoffs. OTT can take or leave a presidents, but Lord Stanley is the ultimate goal here.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. Marco Hummels

Marco Hummels Rookie

Trade Stone. 15 points on the 1ST LINE is unacceptable.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  18. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

i don't think stone is going to improve and the prof is his points which is 15 and he is 26 so trade him and pick for a top 6 forward or depth and get edler for the playoffs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  19. The Oil King

The Oil King Superstar

Trade Stone. Hasn't performed this season at all. Trade him maybe for an aging right wing star for example.

Stone
    1st rounder
    for
    Rick Nash

Something along those lines.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. Brent seabrooke

Brent seabrooke Rookie

Trade stone please!!!! Trade him for anybody!!!!!! 15 points in 63 games REALLY!!!! And plus he is on the 1ST LINE!!!!!!! Oh please hockey gods I pray for you to give johney superbman enough power and strength to trade Mark stone oh please hockey gods please don't fail me

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List