OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 35 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Aug 3, 2015.

What should we do at the deadline?

1. Trust the team that won last year

28 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. Improve the roster/Trade 1st and prospects

123 vote(s)
    59.4%
  3. Improve Depth/Trade 2nd,3rd,4th

56 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. Ryan Getzone

Ryan Getzone Rookie

Johnny, If you want to be a dynasty trade your picks for depth, and possible prospects for the next two years that way you can still bring new rookies to help Dadonov and Konecny while not having to affect your main roster yet still supporting a long playoff run, Chicago did not win 3 cups in a row but still has a AMAZING dynasty. So you shouldn't make any huge trades, and this team won the cup last year and only got better, two 90 plus defense men with a 86, two 84's, and a 83 does not need more starters.

2. General.Zod.2014-15

General.Zod.2014-15 Superstar 3

Johnny just because your team in the regular season is good does not automatically translate into playoff sucess. Other playoff teams in your conference are getting better and your young guys probably have stagnated(only exceptions are Lazar and Burakosky) and even they might stay the same. I would recomend trading a couple of the guys that have disapointed . You need to do some trades if you want to remain on-top .

1st trade , this is a trade for 2 guys that could use a change of scenery and a swap of defence

Minesota: Mika Zibinajad , Patrick Wiercoch
    Ottawa: Mikael Granland , Jared Spurgeon

2nd trade, this is an absolute block buster trade that may seem unrealistic but would help you tremendously.

Chicago: Mackenzie Savard+ This Years 1st + Mike Hoffman + Next years 1st + Fedor Tyuton( cap reasons)
    Ottawa: Patrick Kane (1.5 mill retained if you don't want to trade tyutin)

Reason: Chicago looks like they are going for a full on rebuild are bottom 10 in the NHL. Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook , Marian Hossa are no longer the studs they are and they are rebuilding.

Ottawa acquires Patrick Kane as the final piece of the puzzel. They acquire one of the most clutch playoff preformers of all time and acquire the stud goal scorer ur missing . Your giving up a goalie prospect while u have a vezina winning goalie right now , up giving up 2 first round picks and again you are a stanely cup contender , you will not be picking in the top 10. Also your giving up the lesser player to get a massive upgrade.

Trade 3 : Philadelphia : Mark Stone + your 2nd this year
    Ottawa : Wayne Simmonds

Also Johnny , check out the free agency , there might be somone good hidden in their that we have not seen.

-Also play your young players more! Thats the only way that they are going to grow !

Powerplay Lines : Line 1- Burakosky- Turris - Lazar

Lindholm- Karlson

Line 2- Schwartz-Zibinajad-Dadonov

Stone- Ceci

Penalty Kill Lines: Line 1- Turris -Lazar

Lindholm-Karlson

Line 2- Smith- Zibinajad

Braun-Ceci

Even Strength Lines

-Fowards - Burakosky-Turris -Hoffman
    Schwartz-Lazar- Dadonov
    Wingels-Zibinajad-Stone
    Abdelkator-Smith-Blidh

Defence- Lindholm-Karlson
    Wiercoch-Ceci
    Tyutin-Braun

Goalie- Lehner
    Enroth

Main Point of the Post- You need to get an upgrade over Stone and Hoffman , they both are not getting it done .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  3. Bluegamer0

Bluegamer0 Rookie

I would move Burakovsky up to the first Dadanov to the second and Stone to the third because your third line is needs some grit and Stone is not producing on the first.

4. HockeyJ

HockeyJ Rookie

Mark stone and a first for GENERAL ZOD lol

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. TheIronSchrade

TheIronSchrade Rookie 2

Lou Morris 85 Overall = 2nd Line
    Anton Blidh 85 Overall = 4th Line

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. New Age Dynasty

New Age Dynasty Rookie

Johnny, Think about someone who isn't young but not too out of stride, Okposo, Ryan, Maybe even skinner if you're feeling risky... But you have a perfect team that's in the contact of their stride, if you want to gun it and trade a 1st and Mackenzie Savard, you could try for a SCOOOOOOOOORRREEEYYYY PERRRRRYYYYYY and a prospect goalie.

7. alec-oregon

alec-oregon Rookie 2

go after alex edler! playoff poise and some good offense.
    stone has to go as well

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. MCFidel

MCFidel Rookie

Down with Stone, up with Blidhe

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Updesh76

Updesh76 Rookie 2

Johnny i think you should stone or turris. I think trade stone because he isnt producing add in a first or 2nd or konecny if you want to fully want a new first line . Option 2 trade turris with lehtinen and add a 2nd for fithy first line center. Possible do both but i think thats unlikly but the rest is on you guys and johnny

10. crispycanuck1597

crispycanuck1597 Superstar 3

in what world is OK to put an 85 overall player on the fourth line,imo he should be on the 2nd or 3rd line and Wingles should be on the fourth line
    you need another winger for the second line Stone is not getting it done ,he should be moved.
    you should go after Zuccarello or Brassard
    line up, give up a 1st round pick and/or a solid prospect if u have to
    Schwartz-Turris-Brassard/Zuccarello
    Burakovskey - Zibanejad-Hoffman/Blidh
    Hoffman/Blidh-Lazar-Dadanov
    Abdelkader-Smith-Wingles

Do not do any thing to the defence it is stacked

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. UpYourSisters5Hole

UpYourSisters5Hole Rookie 2

Consider Trading Tyutin, 1st Round, and Hope for Alexander Edler. While you're at it, move Blidh up to the 3rd line, he's been playing great and at one point in the sim he had the best +/- on the team! Give the kid a chance!

12. pricetag

pricetag Legend 2

I don't think getting Edler will work,yes you will have an amazing d-core but your defense is not the problem. Look at Stone he has 15 points in 63 games. Yes he doesn't have power play time but you can still look for 30-40 points at this point. I suggest giving up Stone, a prospect and a first for Pavelski. He will most likely play the center where you can adjust Turris to the right wing where he can still maintain the point total. But this trade makes sense as the Senators are doing really good for goal's against but not that good for goal's for. Also look at the sharks they would gladly accept a prospect and a first rounder as there in the bottom of the league and they would accept giving up a older veteran for rebuilding purposes. Also i'm just giving out a realistic option/player to get. There are many more scoring wingers/centers to get like Hudler or Daniel Sedin

13. spada81

spada81 Rookie

I know you don't like to give up on guys easy but you should seriously consider getting Pavelski. If I'm not mistaken Pavelski is a TWF which could help out the defense and at the same time get you even more goals. I would suggest trying to trade Stone + 1st and maybe a prospect if its not enough. Stone is doing nothing on that first line. Hell Dadonov would get more points on the top line than Stone.

14. pricetag

pricetag Legend 2

lol i said the same thing

15. tsuippo

tsuippo Rookie

IF you make trade for defence it should be wiercioch out and edler to replace him, i think you need to put schaeffer and wiercioch (and bear if that wont go trough)for edler, dont trade tyutin he is great for that 3rd line d, and that will help your stanleycup run.
    and i think its time to put stone and hoffman away and get 1st line powerforward in, somebody 86-88ovr.
    put dadonov to 2nd line and after that 3rd line should be abdelkader lazar blidh.
    4th line wingels,smith, AND get fighter in there. tough guy with good fighting skill, not under 90fighting.
    dont even think about trading lehtinen, never ever trade finnish players.
    trade enroth, he is shit, under 90 save% you need winning backup. is it time to have HOPE?
    canucks also got baertschi on tradeblock, he would be good depth player ;)

16. Teemu Pulkkinen

Teemu Pulkkinen Rookie 2

You know, Stone is doing really bad in first line, just try Teemu Pulkkinen there in like 5 games. In my detroit gm he scored 77 goals as a rookie and progress 77 to 82 overall in first year.

17. daddyshelton

daddyshelton Rookie 3

I know it's being said a lot, but seriously, Stone is USELESS this year. I don't care if he's not getting powerplay time, he has 15 points in 63 games on the first line. Either bust his ass down to the third line to inject some life in that line or get him out of there for a winger who can get you some goddamn points.

18. billy booh

billy booh Rookie 2

Get rid of Stone. He's not getting it done on the first line. He has 15 points in 63 GP. You need to get a 1st line RW. And break up that 3rd line of Lazar, Dadonov and Wingles they just can't keep the puck out of their net. Maybe switch Dadonov and Stone if you don't want to trade for a RW.
    I woudn't trade for Edler because there is no chance you are going to be able to sign him after this year and you don't have any prospects other than Konecny. Your defense is filthy anyways.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  19. 97 Connor McDavid

97 Connor McDavid Rookie 3

I don't know why everybody wants trades this is a really young team that just won the Stanley cup and the presidents and are still competing for the presidents despite missing their best player for ten games and their beg forward for 3 of those games as well

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

Yea getting rid of stone makes more sense.