OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 35 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Aug 3, 2015.

What should we do at the deadline?

1. Trust the team that won last year

28 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. Improve the roster/Trade 1st and prospects

123 vote(s)
    59.4%
  3. Improve Depth/Trade 2nd,3rd,4th

56 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. UKhockeyfan

UKhockeyfan Pro 2

Stone with 15 points thus far is simply not good enough! Put Burakovsky on 1st line, I know his role is listed as a 2nd liner but you play Dadonov on a 3rd line when his role is most likely a 4th at 82 ovr so that kinda discounts that argument!

Trade Stone for a proper 2nd line winger (maybe Zucarello) or a player with decent defensive awareness to really help your PK, if this turns out to be a 3rd liner then play Blidh on 2nd line and bring up someone like Pulkkinen for your 4th line.

Defence is NOT the problem, your lowest rated player is 83 ovr which smokes most teams and you are top 10 for goals against - the only thing I think you need is another depth D-man (81 ovr, like Butler last year) cos your best defensive depth player is only 79 ovr (Bartkowski) which isnt really good enough for a playoff run.

There is really no need for wholesale changes, your top 5 in the NHL for gods sake! Trade your 1st if needed but please keep Savard, his growth already is looking promising! Give him another years growth and if he aint good enough to back up Lehner only then consider trading him.

Trust your team Johnny, we need to improve but dont sacrifice the future!

2. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

Trade Stone and draft picks for Joe Pavelski.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  3. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

Totally agree stone isn't getting it done.

4. TillyHockey15

TillyHockey15 Rookie

Johnny, go after Pavelski, trade stone and a first and maybe a prospect for him, this will put you over the top, like you did with Arizona with Perry. You could put pavs on the top line with turris and Schwartz, so you can leave that second line that is doing so well for you in tact.

5. Phil Brizard

Phil Brizard Rookie

I'm thinking, package Stone or Hoffman with a first rounder to get that top line RW. Every other line is set, Stone's production has majorly dropped off. Send him to a bottom feeder team that has a good first RW. Otherwise, I trust in keeping the team the same.

6. The Great Merks

The Great Merks Rookie

Johnny I say bring up Konecky and see what he does in the NHL

7. 19ajb

19ajb Pro 3

Johnny there are two things that you ABSOLUTELY have to do.

1. Move up Blidh to the 3rd line, taking Wingels' place.

He's listed as a 3rd line checker, and he's only had 2 less points than Stone, who's been on the 1st line.

Your team has been a bit lacking in the defensive department, and Wingels has also dropped to an 83, so it would be not only smart, but very realistic, as an 85 overall winger would be wasting away on the 4th line, and he still has potential to be even better.

2. Use your Upgrade Points.

Your Upgrade point help your guys develop, they help minimize the amount of injuries, and they help you scout more.

You've kind of forgotten to do it so I'd suggest doing it now.

8. Phil3815

Phil3815 Rookie 2

Johnny, try to get a top 4 defensive defenseman at least 85 overall. Go for the New York Rangers. they are a rebuilding team, so you might be able to pick off some of their defenseman left over, since they have some studs. Well, if they still have him. But they do have some good defenseman.

Trade Mark Stone, Fedor Tyutin, and a draft pick (because rebuilding teams want draft picks) for a top 4 Defensive Defenseman

REMEMBER, Defense can transfer to offense. Your offense isn't producing when the defense isn't helping out Lehner. How many games do you need to be blow out in before a change happens.

Just look at the Penguins. They have all the studs offensively, but they struggled without being clutch because they suck DEFENSIVELY in the playoffs, taking away from offense. Don't lose your CLUTCH. Plus a defensive defenseman will help the PK

9. 4everabeleafer

4everabeleafer Rookie

Defense is good enough. Move blidh up to the 3rd line and trade wingels, a prospect/1st and Stone for Marleau. That many points as a first liner isn't good enough for a DYNASTY. While getting Marleau, if you have some trade value leftover, get some depth for the playoffs (not that I know much about the playoffs as a leafs fan) or some people that U can flip for draft picks later in the series.

10. Jakub

Jakub Rookie

Johnny you need to improve, like masivly improve your 1st line. Jakub "Scoreczech" Voráček would be a more than great improve that you can do ;) 15pts is horribly small nbr for 1st line :)

Trade : Stone, Konecny and 1rnd pick for Jakub Voráček and some draft pick

11. John Scott AKA GOAT

John Scott AKA GOAT Superstar

12. John Scott AKA GOAT

Lol your username!e

13. TKarlsson

TKarlsson Rookie

I think you should trade tyutin and the 1st round pick for edler, as you said.
    And also do some line changes.
    Move up abdelkader to the 3rd line and wingels to the 4th, and burakovsky on the 1 st line instead of stone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. John Scott AKA GOAT

WTF 77 GOALS?

15. Alexander Semin

Alexander Semin Rookie 2

Johnny I think You Should Improve You're dept. Add on a 3rd liner like maybe a Zach Kassian or a Big Guy to help You're dept. Lie In the last video of your gm commentery you mentioned that you needed more defense than scoring for your dept.

16. Josh0013

Josh0013 Rookie

Trust your team!!!

If you make any changes and if they turn into Taylor hall in the playoffs in 2017 I think then you will be hated by everyone!

17. alex tortella

alex tortella Rookie 2

johnny deal away tytun Hoffman stone and braun

18. Sir Crustyness

Sir Crustyness Rookie

Johnny u NEED to trade stone. He has 15 points on the first line and hasn't been injured all season. Screw whatever his plus/minus rating is. Stop the " I've got a feeling" or " He's a good little player" or " Buuuuuttt he's done really well for us in the past" BS. There's no way u can talk us out of this one. #tradestone

19. yiddo2001

yiddo2001 Rookie

I think you should trade stone and a prospect (like Konecny)/1st rounder and get that stud of a 1st liner you've been missing that's high 80's to low 90's but that can fit into at salary cap and that may mean trading for someone like Druin, McJesus or Eichal. Or trade tyutin and a 3rd or 4th for a young defender that can replace him because he's old enough to start dropping off

20. BenBruins

BenBruins Rookie

The fans will always want radical changes. Keep this team and develop the corest that makes you a dynasty