OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 35 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Aug 3, 2015.

What should we do at the deadline?

1. Trust the team that won last year

28 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. Improve the roster/Trade 1st and prospects

123 vote(s)
    59.4%
  3. Improve Depth/Trade 2nd,3rd,4th

56 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. NotNowJohn

NotNowJohn Rookie

Trade a pick and one of Stone/Hoffman to get a better first line RW. Stone's production level to this point hasn't been remotely acceptable, so he needs to be traded or demoted to a lower line.

Yeah, the team has won it before, but as you said there's always room for improvement and it never hurts to make your team better.

DO NOT trade Konecny. He can be a big part of this team moving forward.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  2. Hornets27

Hornets27 HoRNETS x GiROUX28

If you want to stack up the defensive core with Edler, trade your 1st rounder because it should be a bad pick so trade it while it has value. Trade a prospect and Hoffman as well and maybe another 1st if it won't go through. I'm not saying to trade Hoffman because he hasn't grown, I'm saying trade him because he is a playmaker at 84 with Dadonov already at 82 so Dadonov should be better then Hoffman in at the most two years at the rate he's been growing so he can replace the 1st/second line winger playmaker. I know you will be reluctant to do it, but Johnny..........DO IT FOR THE SUPER SWEEDES!

3. Mike Ribeiro

Mike Ribeiro Pro

Johnny, do you really need another d-man? I think your team just needs to improve the bottom six instead of the top. I'm pretty sure you are satisfied with the top 2 lines both on offense and defense. Improve your bottom core so you have better depth than teams out there. Use your bottom forwards, picks and prospects to improve those areas.
    Kreider, Zucarello and Brassard are not bad things to go after. You can put hoffman on the third line with Dadonov and put Brassard next to Zibanejad. You can also just move Zibanejad as well and just get Brassard or, move Mika altogether and give Lazar a chance that he deserves. You can always grab bottom six guys around trade deadline and free agency, improve now and dump them later.

One of the things that I see with Blidh is depending on how his stats are, he might be good on that third line. Check his stats and see how his shooting and passing is, you want to give that third line a scoring touch, if he fits there, he might be better suited there.

4. Mike Ribeiro

Mike Ribeiro Pro

Johnny, don't move Savard as well, Lehner can hold the fort till he gets up there. You can probably move Hope around, I would wait till next year around trade deadline, you can see if hope or savard jump and how high that jump is.

5. Brendan Shanaban

Brendan Shanaban Rookie

Johnny, you do NOT need any defenceman you need a 2nd or 3rd line forward for the push for the playoffs. And to acquire that 2nd or 3rd liner use stone 15 points is unbearable

6. Dylan Roach

Dylan Roach Rookie

Johnny, if you want to become the presidents trophy team then you have to have an all around solid team. trade Tyutin and a few picks for Edler. Let Edler play 2nd line with Ceci and move Wiercioch down to the 3rd line to play with Braun. And Johnny FOR GOD SAKE TRADE STONE! 15 points on the first line? That's pathetic! I think you should trade him to the New York Rangers for Zuccerello he is a solid LW and i think that's what you need. Let Zuccerello play on the second line with Hoffman and Zibanejad and move Burakovski up to the first line. You should move Burakovski to the first line because he has 51 points in 63 games thats amazing for a second liner even for a first liner thats impressive. And it sure as hell beats 15 points.

7. sabresfan28

sabresfan28 Rookie 2

I know this doesnt affect you right now but when savard is ready for starter let him and lehner battle it out and the top goalie stays and the other one gets traded at the draft or deadline. we should not trust lehner after one year, see what he does for this year and next year to see if he is a legit starter.

8. Jordini2HockeyAylmer

Jordini2HockeyAylmer Rookie

personally i think keep running the team you have been doing for the last few videos

9. John Scott AKA GOAT

John Scott AKA GOAT Superstar

10. John Scott AKA GOAT

John Scott AKA GOAT Superstar

I mean episode 36 discussion

11. Alvy

Alvy Hall of Famer 2

Ikr