OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 41 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Aug 21, 2015.

What should we do for next year?

1. Trust the roster to make in back for the third time

15 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Insert Konecy, Trade Hoffman, Stone or Lazar

149 vote(s)
    84.7%
  3. Look for Stud Veterans in exchange for prospects and picks

12 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

Well boys, the back to back dream is over, but that doesn't mean that this Dynasty is done. What should we do for next year?

2. Serperior

Serperior Rookie

Johnny if it aint broke dont fix it. Those players got you there, these are the players who will take you there again. That stanley cup loss was a fluke and as the gm, you should have faith in your team.

3. BMESS55

BMESS55 Rookie

Trade Stone he has not grown and he dropped to an 83. It would be nice to get a decent prospect maybe 20 years old with a high 70 overall. Also, KEEP BLIDH ON THE THIRD LINE

4. Sam F.

Sam F. Hall of Famer 2 LEGEND

i think u should keep the same roster, only insert konecny on the 2nd or 3rd line. if he doesnt perform well, send him back down.

5. Dion Goof Phaneuf

Dion Goof Phaneuf Rookie

Trade for me you stupid! I hate it here in Toronto!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Monkeyweather

Monkeyweather Rookie

It was an extremely successful year, don't let anyone tell you it wasn't. Do what you said for free agency and pick up some prospects that are young with good overalls. Try to get 3 and 1/2 star and 3 green star prospects. Trade one of last years fourth liners or third liners to make room for Konecny. If you do trade a third liner, move Blidh up if Konecny is still only fourth line material.

7. SepticBeast

SepticBeast Rookie

I think that the cup loss was unfortunate it's all up to the Sim engine I say that you don't do anything to drastic. Trade Hoffman or stone so Travis can come up. I believe that this team can win another cup atleast. And if it was me I would consider moving blidh up a lne or two he scored when you moved him up so give him a chance.

8. Uwe Krupp

Uwe Krupp Rookie 3

It was a successful season in my opinion. You should get some prospects in Free Agency and put Konecny on the third Line (If he jumps up the way we believe he will). I actually don't know who to trade away. It depends on the Trade value Hoffmann, Stone or Lazar have and what you want to get for them.

9. sabresfan28

sabresfan28 Rookie 2

When it comes to Lehner (pronounced "Lenner") vs savard. when they are both listed as starting goalies keep both of them and compare the stats either at the deadline or the draft and trade the worst goalies for something you need.

10. TheHHA2000

TheHHA2000 Rookie

Keep the team together. But, sign the 85 overall goalie named Battaglia. He has 4.5 red star potential so he can grow. He wants a 2-way contract and you can use him as a back-up goalie if Savard doesn't grow this year or to add some trade value to a trade

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Mats Zuccarello

Mats Zuccarello Veteran

Look at the 85 OVR goalie Battaglia. He wants a rookie deal for $0.650 at an 85 OVR! Sang him up so you can include him in a trade to add some value to it.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. PittBOY7

PittBOY7 Rookie

When was the last time a team went back to back and that team won both times?

13. MegaWizard

MegaWizard Rookie

The team looks good right now, but one thing you need is a first line RW sniper~playmaker. Maybe trade Lazar for that player, since you have Turris and Zibenajad as 1-2 centers, and Konecny coming up, as well as Lazar's 4-green star must give him much more value than stone or Hoffman.

14. MegaWizard

MegaWizard Rookie

Edit: TRADE FOR PHIL THE THRIL!!!

15. SHARKbait588

SHARKbait588 Rookie 3

I think you should get better depth

16. DomiDuclair16

DomiDuclair16 Rookie

I would suggest getting that 85 overall goalie. It would also be nice to refill on some prospects too. As for who you would trade, as much I want to say Mark Stone, it's got to be Mike Hoffman. The reason is because you already have so many left wingers and Stone is one of only 2 right wingers on you team.

17. JaredC

JaredC Rookie

Get BOBROVSKY!

[​IMG]

18. waffman98

waffman98 Rookie

I must agree with you that even though you lost the Stanley Cup, it was a good year overall. However I believe that trading stone/Hoffman will be key to getting that stanley cup a second time. Maybe for an 86-87 winger. Then sign one of the 83s in free agency.

19. rykudish25

rykudish25 Rookie

Hey johnny I honestly think u should trade Hoffman right now and insert Konecny into ur 3rd line. Trade Hoffman for prospects and picks to clear cap space. Also sign that 85 overall goalie to use as trade bait. Next wait until the start of the year to see if savard grows to be a backup goalie. If u sign that 85 overall goalie u have to trade Enroth. Finally sign some decent prospects since u trade a lot of them to get elder and pavelski.

20. redalloy

redalloy Rookie

Keep the team sort of the same. PLAY savard as your backup, have enroth be your minor league starter goalie. Savard will be able to grow and get time in the NHL this way. He will jump a lot, if the trade value still shows him to be a potential elite goalie. You have konecny ready for the NHL. Your team should win the presidents this year with the stacked team you have. Trading players like lazar, hoffman, and stone will be tough. What do you need on the team? You have a starting goalie, you have the best defense in the NHL, and you have a great offense. You have konecny to slide into the NHL squad, guys like lazar, hoffman, and stone could be top 6 forwards on some teams. Even though they help out the 3rd and 4th line a lot, do you really need them there? I have no idea what you would trade these guys for.