OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 41 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Aug 21, 2015.

What should we do for next year?

1. Trust the roster to make in back for the third time

15 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Insert Konecy, Trade Hoffman, Stone or Lazar

149 vote(s)
    84.7%
  3. Look for Stud Veterans in exchange for prospects and picks

12 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. JamieBenn

JamieBenn Pro 3

Just make it to the finals again so you can lose to my Stars again. Oh, and I'm from Victoria, British Columbia, not Ontario. Segies is from Brampton.

2. MikeyTheFlyingSquirl

MikeyTheFlyingSquirl Rookie 2

Trade Hoffman stone and picks for a 89+ Sniper

3. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

Unless MacKenzie Savard is ready as a better option than Enroth, keep him in the minors one more year. His role is still an AHL starting goalie. (he could still jump over the offseason though) I wouldn't put too much hope into Konecny being a good piece for the Cup run but his defense is decent so shipping out Hoffman (keep Stone, a PWF fits on the 3rd line better) and slotting in Konecny would be a viable option. Other than that, you were 1 goal from going to overtime in game 7 of the Cup Final, I wouldn't blow up the team. Keep what has worked. The Hall and Ryan trades mostly turned to crap growth-wise, but you'll be in deep cap shit if you move any of your top 6 wingers for a 89+ sniper, which you don't really need anyway. You're a great defensive team. No need to break that up.

4. 32BitSkit

32BitSkit Rookie

Trade stone. I know you're a big fanboy but he wasn't doing the job. He also dropped to an 83 overall which gives you another reason to trade him.

5. Kanadien

Kanadien Rookie 3

Johnny! please when you hit the jump in September anf every ones overall changes save and wuit the game then reload it. there is a glitch where their player roles dont change unless you reload the game. You have to play young people like t.konecy, m.savard, e.dadanov and c.lazar in their proper roles and give them at least the minimum amount of ice time for people to grow. but you also cant overplay them you can put a third liner on the second line but dont give him 1st line pp and lots of 4v4 time aswell or you might stunt him the same if you stuck him on the 4th line. please let the youngings grow into the roster. sometimes you play to much of a favourite game and dwell on past performances, such as he scored the series winner on the second round so i wint trade him 3 years later

6. hockey genius

hockey genius Rookie

Hey Johnny I think you are doing great as a manager besides the Zach Smith accident I think you should play konecny and and possibly give Ben Smith a shot mainly for depth look what he did for the ahl squad he scored two goals in game 6 to help win the Calder he deserves to play

7. arowsell01

arowsell01 Rookie 2

Trade Hoffman and Stone for a 85+ top 6 winger, insert Konecny in the bottom 6.

8. BTGHockey

BTGHockey Rookie

Johnny, you're a great GM, but I have to say, that Offence is great Depth-Wise, but up front is bottom 10 in the league. Trade Stone and Hoffman (with some other assets) to acquire a #1 forward, possibly around 90 OVR with low salary on at least a 2 year deal so you can keep him without worrying about salary. The reason you lost in the finals last year was your Offense Johnny, make the right choice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. John Scott AKA GOAT

John Scott AKA GOAT Superstar

10. alex tortella

alex tortella Rookie 2

hey johnny you should keep lazar he 17 points on the 3 line you should trade stone and trade Hoffman and smith

tell tyler seguin trade phil kessel is better then him

11. HampusLindholm

HampusLindholm Rookie 3

I keep on telling you johnny get my boy Jakob Silfverburg for depth in your squad

12. HampusLindholm

HampusLindholm Rookie 3

95 overall Im better than Crosby

13. HampusLindholm

HampusLindholm Rookie 3

Trade for Silfverburg and make a push if you can to sign Bob as trade bait

14. ivanwarrior

ivanwarrior Rookie

Sign the 85 ovr goalie. From a realism standpoint think of him as a low risk diamond in the rough. You want a backup for Hope in the AHL and he turns out to be good.

Keep Stone. He is the perfect third line scoring winger.

15. Brandon Ball

Brandon Ball Rookie 3

Johnny,

I feel like this whole Lehner/Savard situation is like the Thomas/Rask situation back in 2011/2012. The war-torn vet who won a cup and some Vezinas and the young star prospect that has a bright future. I know Robin is younger than Timmy, but when Savard is 93 overall and Lehner starts to drop off, you're gonna regret it, I think.

Do what you will with it, but I think that this decision is gonna have to happen not this coming season, but next season when Savard wants more money and is as good, if not better than Lehner. It's a good problem to have, but it's a huge decision.

16. Sterweror

Sterweror Rookie

Trade Hoffman (or Stone) for prospects or picks and insert Konecny. Prospects and picks should do as you don't have any roster spots that would need a new player. That way you would build for the future while still being one of the top contenders. Regarding the free agency, I think you should sign some depth and add few prospects to your pool. I wouldn't make any major signings. Signing Battaglia would be totally unrealistic.

17. VC x hoRVAT53

VC x hoRVAT53 Superstar 2

whoever says sign that 85 goalie prospect in fa johnny would have to get rid of lehner or savard cuz neither one of them is made for the ahl

18. BigBoyBo

BigBoyBo Rookie 2

Johnny trade for me im a big boy!

19. Mats Zuccarello

Mats Zuccarello Veteran

It actually wouldn't be unrealistic. He might be 85 OVR be irl since he wants a rookie deal he's probably never played a season in the NHL yet, so if you think about it just because in the game he's 85 OVR doesn't mean that irl he is an elite goalie to anyone's standards. He would be viewed as a rookie goalie trying to have a good first year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  20. Google

Google Rookie 2

Johnny Should go with Lehner-Savard in the net and he should trade excess third line in exchange for a pick or a top6 defensemen.