OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 42 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

We look automatic right now, I don't see any changes except for maybe special teams.

2. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

Keep the roster the same and make no changes. I don't see why you should trade your players. Trust you team because they made the playoffs over the years with the same players.

3. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

leave the roster, it's good. You were one goal away from winning the Cup. Also, Savard should be used in the minors as well. And Konecny needs to play, there is no reason why he shouldn't play in the NHL.

4. Symyro

Symyro Superstar

You have a TWF as a d-man on the AHL squad, didn't know if you had noticed that.

5. SuckItPhaneuf

SuckItPhaneuf Veteran

Lookin good Johnny. I think if things start to go awry, you can shake up the powerplay but other than that if it ain't broke don't fix it.

6. TheAwesomesauce

TheAwesomesauce Veteran 3 LEGEND

You have Trottier, who is a TWF, playing the RD on your third pairing in the AHL. Might want to do something about that.

Also you still haven't shown the top players that were drafted last year. I really want to see that Emmerton guy.

1. Kings - Emmerton
    2. Sharks - Bonino
    3. Rangers - Lowe
    4. Sabers - McCollum
    5. Blues - Jensen

7. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

If his first name is "Nick" that would be so hilarious. Nick Bonino in real life was drafted by the Sharks actually.

8. pinacoladaman

pinacoladaman Rookie

You forgot to look at the 5 star player from last years draft, could you take a look at him pls

9. HoPE x NaSHTY61

HoPE x NaSHTY61 Let's Go Rangers!!!

Check Savard again and be sure he is listed as a minor league starter. If he is a back up then you would be an absolute fool to leave him as a starter in the minors. Give him the proper time if he is a back up. You always preach to play players in their correct role, so do it with Savard

Plus this goalie situation ( next year ) is going to turn into the same problem you had in CGY with Leland Irving and Alex dubeau. A proven goalie vs a rookie goalie who will be a better overall...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  10. Okasmacky

Okasmacky Rookie

Johnny, I think you should drop Dadonov to the 3rd line and put Konecny on the 2nd line RW, they are both playmakers and it will help both of them grow.

11. ordinalmammal62

ordinalmammal62 Rookie

Johnny put Konecny of the PPD 1 he has 92 slapshot power. I always put the player with hardest shot power at the point, it works I don't know why but it does

12. Chucky For 1st Line

Chucky For 1st Line Superstar

If you want Dadonov to grow, he needs to be on the third line. He won't grow playing second line minutes.

13. qdodge16

qdodge16 Rookie

Johnny, your team is definitely automatic right now. Maybe look for a veteran d-man at the deadline for depth in case an injury happens. I think you would've faired better in the playoffs if you had someone better than McNabb (79 Overall) as a depth d-man.

14. Brendan Gallagher 11

Brendan Gallagher 11 Rookie

Stone and Hoffman had 4 points last year in 20+ games and they dropped to 83. Do you want that Burakovsky "dies'' the same way ? he is in the same situation right now, and i don't think you want a 85 overall that has a great future in front of him to drop at this point

if you don't do anything, you will see him have the same ''fate'' that happened to Stone and Hoffman

I hope you understood my explications

15. HockeyGuide

HockeyGuide Rookie

trade eric karlsson and picks for a 25+ year old 92+ LW Sniper, eric karlsson he is a good player but doesnt make the team shine yes yes he is"team captain" but lindholm is all you need so just do that trade and move schwartz down to second line

16. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

I say keep it as it is unless the team starts to nosedive

17. ElieTheGoof

ElieTheGoof Rookie

Johnny, you said you wanted a 90+ overall sniper, trade Pavelski and get one on the right wing. Kyle turris is close in overall to Joe, and Joe is probably retiring after this year, so it seems like a no brainer to me.

18. .Cristiano Ronaldo.

.Cristiano Ronaldo. Rookie

NOOOOO!!!! not the Hoff sad to see him go but great trade to make roster spots

19. That chel 15 guy

That chel 15 guy Rookie

I really think that Evgenii Dadanov is doing excellent. He has 10 goals and is also a playmaker.. Shades of Patrick Kane is kinda what I'm seeing because hopefully since he's a playmaker he'll get more assists and end up at 15-20-(25?) goals along with a solid 25-30 assists. And then look at Kyle Turris, again a playmaker playing with a two way forward in Pavelski who can play the defensive zone and get the puck up for him.. for Dadanov that being Zibanejad, then Turris has that sniper on the left which is Schwartz who will get him the assists, for Dadonov that being Burakovsky. The point I have is that you keep the first and second lines together, and have Konecny develop even more and then eventually put Turris back in the middle after Pavelski retires. And put Konecny up where Dadanov was and then move Dadanov or Burakovsky up to the first.

20. DerBoZz

DerBoZz Rookie

Put Blidh on the 3rd line or heĀ“ll make you bleed x) I personally think Stone is overrated since day 1 and because he is now only 83 you should trade him Johnny!