OTTAWA GM Mode Ep. 42 Discussion

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators GM Mode' started by Johnny Superbman, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Ghost of Razgriz

Ghost of Razgriz Devils for the cup!

Stone has always been overrated Johnny so stop thinking so highly of him. Also you absolutely must put Blidh(Bleed) on the third line. He totally deserves it

2. Frankie

Frankie Hall of Famer 3

The team is fine right now. You're winning games. If there's one area for improvement it's the special teams like you had mentioned. I saw someone else earlier say put Konecny on the point for the PP. That could work I suppose. All in all I think you're fine. As long as you're winning then don't change anything.

3. Jahb200467

Jahb200467 Rookie

Keep your team intact.Run with these new lines for this season.

4. Mitch Delia

Mitch Delia Rookie

Johnny, as you said in the last video your team could get 60 wins if you had another sniper that was 90+ you should trade Lazar, Stone, or Turris for guy like Jordan Eberle or Johnathan Drouin. Eberle is probably your better bet since his trade value is a lot lower than Drouin also Eberle can help out some of your younger guys like Dadonov or Konecny. you could also trade Dadonov instead of Turris since he might not grow very much.

5. sabresfan28

sabresfan28 Rookie 2

When ekblad gets his contract see what it is so you have an estamate on what lindholm would want.

6. WickedWrister77

WickedWrister77 Rookie 2

Dadanov should probably be on the 3rd or 4th line depending on his role. Blidh should be moved up to the 2nd line depending on his offensive stats. However, you are winning games so you probably shouldn't be moving guys around on the roster.

7. Foux1

Foux1 Rookie 3

In the AHL, you should be playing Haydn Hopkins on your 1st line center instead of Loktionov (Hopkins is actually on your 2nd). He is a guy you signed from free agency and he is 3 1/2 red stars. Before summer, he was 80 overall and he is now a 82. It wouldn't change much to change Loktionov, who is a PLY and 80 overall, for Hopkins, who may grow in the next few years but who is already 82... and only about 22 years old! He is also a PLY.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. HampusLindholm

HampusLindholm Rookie 3

Trade for more picks so you can have some cap space to sign people in the offseason

9. HampusLindholm

HampusLindholm Rookie 3

Im a 97 overall one of the best ever ima legend in the making sign me after two years to a eight year contract

10. Sean Day

Sean Day Rookie 2

Johnny you should have traded stone because he only had 24 points and played all 82 games. Also now you have a third line of all right handed players. Hoffman totaled 37 points in the regular season of 82 games. I say you should trade Stone for a third line left winger that is left handed. Also Stone only has 6 points in 24 games so if he playes all 82 games he is only averageing 21 points in the season.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. BruinsAreBeasts2001

BruinsAreBeasts2001 Rookie 3

Trade for Ekblad and General Zod he deserves to play for Ottawa beside Blidh he would help make people BLEED! That would be such a scary combo!

12. 19ajb

19ajb Pro 3

Team's looking good but if all possible, you need to move Dadonov to the third line. He's listed as a 3rd line scorer, and he needs to be there to grow, but leave him on the powerplay and all.

Now there are two ways I see possible, depending on how you feel about Stone:
    Trade Stone and prospects/picks for a 2nd line RW Sniper, preferably a player with some potential still left in him to replace the 1st line RW since Pavelski will probably retire after this year.

All in all, a pretty good season to start.

13. Phil3815

Phil3815 Rookie 2

I think trading Mike Hoffman and Jhonas Enroth for a better backup veteran goalie around 84 overall and a draft pick would be a good acquisition.

Having a veteran backup might help the team with moral and playoff experience.

And Trading Stone wouldn't be bad either. If you do, it shows the scorers on your team to preform or be moved out

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  14. Phil3815

Phil3815 Rookie 2

Move Blidh up or trade him. Honestly Johnny, if you think about this with moral, it makes sense. He most likely knows how good he actually is at 85 overall. Blidh, like most players with his skill, would be upset on the 4th line, and maybe even the 3rd line.

Move him up to the 2nd line. If you want a GREAT defensive team, EVERY LINE MUST HELP OUT, not just having the exception of the 1st and 2nd line.

Get a good veteran winger down there, also leading to more chemistry with KONECNY, helping him grow. Balance out your lines. Meaning if things don't go well, split up Lindholm and Karlsson on the backend to balance out the d-men lines

15. alex tortella

alex tortella Rookie 2

Johnny sorry about Hoffman can you please show his stats in next video.

16. Hunter Shinkaruk

Hunter Shinkaruk Hockey god

Just keep it running through the trade deadline. I don't think you need to make any moves. Looking forward to another great finish!

17. Slots

Slots MMMMMMMMMMMMMBOP LEGEND

Hasselhoffman traded try to win the cup again!

18. Liam Campbell

Liam Campbell Pro

I think you should keep the team together no trades till the deadline

19. Thomas Shahbaghyan

Thomas Shahbaghyan Rookie

ya