Philadelphia Flyers Franchise Mode

Discussion in 'GM Mode/Live The Life' started by NHLVariety, Feb 11, 2017.

1. NHLVariety

NHLVariety Rookie 2

Ayy guys so I've been meaning to start up one of these soon and I figured what better team to do then the Flyers. Ill try to keep it as realistic as possible. Im turning owner mode and waivers off, keeping trade difficulty at medium, and turning off acp (authentic cap penalties). Hope you guys enjoy:phi:D

EDIT: Injuries are also turned off

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. NHLVariety

NHLVariety Rookie 2

START OF YEAR 1

Starting Lineups
    J. Voracek (90) C. Giroux (91) W. Simmonds (88)
    M. Read (83) S. Couturier (87) B. Schenn (87)
    M. Raffl (82) T. Konecny (81) D. Weise (82)
    S. Laughton (82) P. Bellemare (81) N. Cousins (80)

S. Gostisbehere (86) R. Gudas (84)
    I. Provorov (83) M. Streit (84)
    M. Del Zotto (83) A. MacDonald

S. Mason (86)
    M. Neuvirth (83)
    So yeah. We have some offensive starpower but apart from that our defense and goaltending is horrible. I'll update you guys on the record every 20 games. We're listed as a HOPEFUL. If we're not in playoff contention by the trade deadline, i think we should ship off some guys like streit. Also looking to upgrade our goaltending and defense. I wouldn't be opposed to trading Couturier or Schenn along with Mason to acquire an actual starting goalie. My goal for this season is for at least 40 wins. So, see yall in 20 games

20 GAMES IN RECORD

:phi
    8-8-4; 6th in division

LEADING SCORERS
    C. Giroux 12-10-22
    J. Voracek 8-11-19
    B. Schenn 7-12-19
    S. Gostisbehere 4-10-14
    S. Couturier 1-13-14

S. Mason 5-6-2 GAA 2.64 SV .913
    M. Neuvirth 3-3-1 GAA 3.33 SV .884
    So yeah. We suck. Like REALLY suck. We're only 3 points away from 2nd in our div, which goes to show how competitive the metro really is. I think our big weak spot is in the crease. We do have Carter Hart floating around in the system but he typically becomes at the most an 86. I think trading for someone like Joonas Korpisalo makes a lot of sense because unlike MattMurr and Vaselevsky (bombed that name) he actually grows. He's on their block which makes sense because Columbus is in a win-now phase. I'll wait a bit but if our goaltending / defense is as horrific, I think I can work out a trade.

HALFWAY POINT RECORD AND STUFF

17-17-7

LEADING SCORERS
    B. Schenn 10-28-38
    C. Giroux 18-17-35
    J. Voracek 12-22-34
    M. Read 17-15-32
    S. Couturier 7-23-30
    So ya. We're 5th in our division, and the direction this team is headed in is still unclear. I'd rather play it safe and dish off Streit for a few picks at the deadline. Our 2nd line could be a lot better if there was a good sniper on that line. Read is good, but acquiring someone better could help us score a lot more.

TRADE ALERT!!!
    :phi acquires R. Vrbata (85), 2017 4th rounder
    :arz acquires M. Read (83)
    So yeah. Vrbata is older but on a very cap friendly contract, and his 5 star shooting category is exactly what we need. So yeah. I'll see you guys at the deadline.

QUICK EDIT: While I was simming Mason had back to back shutouts TWICE in the same month! Idk how the hell he did it but I'm not complaining:lol:lol:lol

DEADLINE RECORD

26-27-9
    I'm not even gonna bother showing you guys the player stats cause everyone except Voracek is underperforming. I think it's obvious we need to get rid off assets for picks and tank for the draft. Something I thought was funny is Vrbata is 5th in the league for goal scoring (32)

TRADE ALERT
    acquires 2017 3rd rounder, 2017 4th rounder
    :flo acquires M. Streit

:phi acquires 2017 2nd rounder, S. Kampfer (80 7THD)
    :nyr acquires MDZ

:phi acquires 2017 2nd, 2017 3rd rounder
    :pit acquires N. Cousins
    So yeah. I traded away Streit and I wasn't even planning on resigning Cousins and MDZ. I'm basically planning on tanking the rest of the season and doing some damage at the draft, and hopefully I can acquire our future #1. I really want to dump off Mason and a pick to acquire a new goalie. So yeah. See you guys at the end of the season.

NOTE: While I was simming we had a 7-6 SOL to the Leafs and a 9-1 W against the Islanders. Jesus christ.

END OF YEAR #1
    36-36-10
    6th in our division, only two points out of the final wild card spot.

LEADING SCORERS N SHIT
    Voracek - 31-55-86
    Giroux - 39-38-77
    Schenn - 19-39-58
    Simmonds - 15-42-57
    Vrbata - 35-21-56
    Couturier - 12-38-50
    Ghost - 23-33-45

Mason - 26-32-4 GAA 2.74 SV .910
    Neuvirth - 10-5-2 GAA 2.59 SV .912

around the nhl
    :monPrice went 50-14 (led goalies)
    :stlTarasenko had a 51-38-89 season (led NHL in points)
    :wshOvi led the NHL with 55 goals
    :winLaine had a 33-46-79 point season (paced rookies)
    :wshBackstrom had a 65 assist year (led NHL)
    :cbjBobrovsky had a 10 shutout season, and had 6 points (led goalies)
    :vanMiller had a GAA of 3.2, went 22-41, led up 237 goals, and had a SV of .899
    Well boys, that concludes the year 1 regular season. If you have any concerns or questions drop em down below. I'll do the off season in the next post.

NOTE::los won the cup
    :tml won the calder
    :cal won the lottery
    :phi has the 9th overall pick

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Starfish3132

Starfish3132 Veteran 3

great read posting to follow

4. ClashHawks23

ClashHawks23 Superstar

Nice. Posting to follow.

5. NHLVariety

NHLVariety Rookie 2

Alright boys so its draft day! Our goal is to upgrade our d-core and goaltending. We want to get rid of Mason at all costs.

DRAFT DAY
    So. We have the 9th ovr pick and I wanna use it, but all other picks are valuable trading assets.

:phi selects with the 9th overall pick - Eemeli Rasanen, MED Top4D, 18 y/o 57 OVR

NOTE: No team wants Steve Mason, for the sole reason his deal is expiring. I think we should just release him and trade picks for our future goalie

BLOCKBUSTER(ISH) TRADE ALERT!!!

acquires P. Mrazek (85 MED ELITE) and A. Mantha (76 LOW ELITE)
    :det acquires NYR 2nd round pick, P. Laberge (MED TOP9 Prospect), Flyers 3rd rounder
    While we didn't acquire a complete stud goalie, Petr Mrazek still has two more years of growth and I think he can turn into a legit #1 tendie. Also, Mantha is a low risk high reward type player

:phi selects with the 39th ovr pick - Roman Somik - Low top9, center playmaker, 19 years old 68ovr

:phi selects with the 58th ovr pick - Martin Weinhold - MED 7thD , 20 y/o OFD 70OVR

:phi selects with the 81st ovr pick - Alexei Perezhogin - Low top6 C playmaker, 18 y/o 59OVR

:phi selects with the 88th ovr pick - Matthew Villalta - High backup G hybrid 18 y/o 56OVR

I simmed the rest of the draft because who gives a s#it about the 4th round and later

RESIGN PHASE

Ghost/5y5m
    Mason/3y5m
    Vrbata/1y3.75m
    Neuvirth/2y1.65m
    Laughton/3y
    Bellemare/2y900k
    Stolarz/2y1m
    Rubstov/3y850kELC
    and a bunch of boring ass ahl two way contracts

RELEASED:
    VandeVelde
    Gordon
    Kampfer​

NOTE: I signed Mason just to trade him away, it felt ridiculous to let him go for nothing, so I figured we could sign him and then trade him for assets

TRADE ALERT!!!
    acquires A. Duclair (85)
    :arz acquires S. Mason (86)
    They wanted Mason, we wanted Duclair. Pretty straight forward.
    2017 FREE AGENCY CLASS
    T. Johnson (87)
    K. Alzner (87)
    M. Hanzal (85)

OFFERS: a shit ton of two way guys
    James Wisniewski (85)/ 2y5m
    Tom Pyatt (80)/ 1y1m
    Alexandre Burrows (81) / 1y1m

ACCEPTED / REJECTED
    Two way guys: majorirty of them accepted
    Burrows: Accepted
    Pyatt: Hell yes
    Wisniewski: Si papi
    Well things are finally looking bright here in Philly. My only concern is that we have 3 goalies. I'll either trade or send down Neuvirth / Stolarz. We had some growth over the offseason. I'm gonna start a new thing to begin the 2017 NHL Season with your Philly Flyers!

6. NHLVariety

NHLVariety Rookie 2

2017 PHILADELPHIA FLYERS OPENING NIGHT ROSTER

J. Voracek (91) C. Giroux (91) W. Simmonds (88)
    B. Schenn (87) S. Couturier (87) A. Duclair (85)
    S. Laughton (83) T. Konecny (84) R. Vrbata (84)
    M. Raffl (82) D. Weise (82) A. Mantha (80)

S. Gostisbehere (87) I. Provorov (85)
    R. Hagg (84) J. Wisniewski (85)
    T. Sanheim (83) R. Gudas (83)

P. Mrazek (86)
    A. Stolarz (84)
    I didn't expect Stolarz to hit 84, so now the farm team should be over powered with Neuvirth as their starter. There's no point in trading him, so i figured we could just stack the ahl squad. We got some pretty solid growth, and this team is definetly a playoff bound team. We're listed as a contender, which is good to see. I'll have the year 2 sim up by hopefully next week, I have a lot of schoolwork to do. If you have any suggestions feel free to drop em.

7. NHLVariety

NHLVariety Rookie 2

ok so i accidentally pressed exit without saving so i had to restart from the draft and everything was the same except i didnt get james wisniewski in fa so im making a trade for him rn

:phi acquires J. Wisniewski
    :bos acquires 2023 1st rounder
    so ya. sorry that i had to cheese it and trade a 1st rounder in 5 years from now but i screwed up soooo. also hes on a different contract (4 y 3.885m) Also, some growth we got is different but whatever. Sorry about that :lol:lol:lol

8. LordK6

LordK6 Veteran 2

9. NHLVariety

NHLVariety Rookie 2

YEAR 2 START

TRADE ALERT!!!
    acquires J. Bean (79)
    :car acquires S. Moilanen, E. O'Rourke
    Obviously we need defense. Carolina was interested in both of these unsigned prospects, and Jake Bean was pissed off and his value was insanely low. He's gonna get top-pairing AHL time. So, This season instead of four season updates I'm doing three, so i'll see you guys like 27 games in.

NOTE: While I was simming Mrazek had god damn 3 BACK TO BACK SHUTOUTS! Kids a god

1/3 INTO SEASON STATS AND STUFF

:phi record - 15-9-2; 2nd in division

LEADING SCORERS
    Ghost - 5-11-16
    Konecny - 5-11-16
    Giroux - 6-9-15
    Laughton - 8-7-15
    Schenn - 5-9-14

Mrazek - 11-8-1 GAA 2.24 SV .929
    Stolarz - 4-1-1 GAA 1.54 SV .942
    God damn, the young guns are really stepping up. It's kinda concerning that Voracek and Wayne train aren't in the top 5, but they'll hopefully bounce back. I don't really see a concern for trades unless we could get an absolute rental stud to skate alongside Ghost. Sooooo, off to the deadline.

NOTE: Neuvirth (AHL Starter) is 13-2, SV .935 and GAA 1.85. Ya okay:lol:lol:lol

DEADLINE RECORD AND STATS

:phirecord
    - 38-22-3; 1st in div; 4th in league

LEADING SCORERS
    Giroux - 18-29-47
    Voracek - 11-31-42
    Schenn - 15-26-41
    Sanheim - 8-29-37
    Simmonds - 12-22-34

Mrazek - 29-18-2 GAA 2.42 SV .919
    Stolarz - 9-4-1 GAA 2.15 SV .922
    Just realized Sanheim is up to an 85 and has a 93 offensive awareness and 5 star shooting category. I'm gonna change him to an OFD and put him alongside Ghost at 5v5 and powerplay

IMPORTANT NOTE: I didn't make any moves at the deadline because we were playing so well. Also we were riding an 8 game w streak and on HOME ICE toronto beat us 8-2:palm

END OF REG. SEASON

:phi record
    49-30-3; 3rd in div

LEADING SCORERS N SHIT

Giroux - 25-35-60
    Voracek - 14-43-57
    Konecny - 15-36-51
    Schenn - 19-32-51
    Sanheim (GOAT) - 10-39-49

Mrazek - 36-23-2 GAA 2.45 SV .918
    Stolarz - 13-8-1 GAA 2.38 SV .917
    So ya. Scoring was extremely down. Idk why but whatever we made the playoffs

in other news...
    :los
    Quick had 10 shutouts
    :nyiTavares went 57-53-110
    :wshOvi went 58-52-100
    :wshBackstrom went 20-79-99
    :phiSanheim led rookies in assists and points (10-39-49)
    :col Semin (82) had a 64 point season, includng 31 goals
    so yeah! That was my 2nd season as the GM of the Flyers. We're going up against the caps in the playoffs, and speaking of which, the next post (playoffs) should be out later tonight or tomorrow. I have a snow day tomorrow so expect a shit ton of posts. If you guys have any concerns or opinions about this feel free to say so. :happy:happy:happy

10. NHLVariety

NHLVariety Rookie 2

PLAYOFFS ROUND UNO
    so yeah. We're up against the caps here in round one. With the exception of Ovi and Holtbeast, I think we're pretty much even against them. We need to play shutdown defensively and get anything we can on net. So yeahhhhh here we go
    GAME 1
    5-3:phi

GAME 2
    3-1:phi

GAME 3
    5-2:wsh

GAME 4
    5-3:phi

GAME 5
    6-0:phi
    HOLY SHIT!!! We destroyed the caps in 5 games. Even though Ovi had an insane regular season, the caps are still professional choke artists.

NOTABLE STATS FROM 1ST ROUND
    Simmonds - 3-5-8
    Voracek - 2-5-7
    Giroux - 3-3-6
    Duclair - 4-2-6
    Sanheim - 0-6-6

Mrazek - 4-1 GAA 2.4 SV .912

Next stop: :pit

ROUND TWO AGAINST THE PENS
    Somehow we had a better record than the Pens during the regular season, but I really think we have a slim to none chance at this. We need some young guns *cough cough ghost konecny* to really step up here.

GAME 1
    3-0:pit

GAME 2
    4-3:pit

GAME 3
    2-0:phi

GAME 4
    5-1:phi

GAME 5
    4-1:phi

GAME 6
    2-1:pit

GAME 7
    7-2:pit
    FUCK!!! I thought we could come back, and we gave it all we got but in the end they destroyed us on home ice in game 7. Whatever, we had a god damn solid year though. I'll do the draft and offseason in the next post!

other notable(ish) stats
    Giroux, duclair, voracek, and sanheim were point per game
    in other news...
    :pit
    won the cup and calder :lol
    :los won the lottery (they won the cup last year...)

11. NHLVariety

NHLVariety Rookie 2

YEAR TWO OFFSEASON

Y2 DRAFT

Going into the draft we have the 22nd ovr pick. Im not planning on making any trades, I'm just gonna draft.

:phi selects at 22nd ovr ~ Max Patterson RW PWF High AHL Top 6 F 54 OVR

:phi selects at 52nd ovr ~ Sergeu Taratukhin C PLY Low Top 9 F 65 OVR

And thus concludes our draft. I didnt have a 3rd and no one gives two shits about 4th rounders and later.

PAY DAY
    Here comes the resign stage; we only have 11M in cap

Mrazek/4y5m
    Hagg/2y2m

Mantha/6y950k
    Morin/3y1m
    and a bunch of two way dudes
    RELEASED: vrabata, smith, manning, burrows, and a bunch of two way dudes

FREE AGENCY STUFF
    2018 NHL Free Agent Class
    J. Carlson (90)
    C. Atkinson (88)
    P. Hornqvist (88)
    B. Little (87)
    J. Johnson (87)
    since we have no cap i signed a bunch of two way dudes and thats it!! im gonna show the lineup then im going to sleep! since theres no school tomorrow ill prob do the year 3 sim tom. If you have any concerns sauce em down below!! Any support is appreciated:happy

2019 / YEAR 3 STARTING LINEUP

Schenn (87) Giroux (91) Voracek (90)
    Duclair (85) Couturier (87) Simmonds (88)
    Laughton (83) Konecny (84) Mantha (84)
    Morin (83) Weal (80) Weise (82)

Sanheim (87) Ghost (86)
    Provorov (86) Bean (85)
    Hagg (85) Gudas (84)

Mrazek (87)
    Stolarz (84)
    Our d-core is ******* amazing. Wisniewski is a scratch and we need to make some trades. Hagg's gonna be pissed cause hes getting no ice time. Also, carter hart is an 82 and he needs legit backup time. I need to sort some shit out:cry so in the next post we have to make an ass load of trades sooooo ya. feedback is appreciated as always