Should The Jays Sign Bautista?

Discussion in 'MLB' started by 6ixgod, Dec 24, 2016.

Where should Bautista Sign

1. Indians

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Jays

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Rays

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. rockies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. phillies

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. 6ixgod

6ixgod Rookie 2

After losing Edwin to the indians do you think that the jays should really try to bring Jose back? I think hes a villain to the rest of the league. He's Toronto's villain and we give him a one year as a F**k you be our villain and dominate. Anyways i just hope buddy doesnt sign with the indians.

2. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP

Yes we should sign Bautista for one-year.

3. Brian Bull-Dozier

Brian Bull-Dozier Hall of Famer 2

Signing him to a one year deal is all any team should give him now. He's not worth a multi year deal anymore. Numbers don't lie.

4. Hoverhand

Hoverhand Bernie Sanders Enthusiasts

Absolutely if you give him majority games at first then it'll decrease his injury chances drastically. He's good for 30 dingers and an OBP of at least .360.

I'd give him 1yr/20 million or 2yr/30 million
    he had a .230 average which isn't usually good but he had a .360 OBP which nullifies the batting average argument.

His OPS dipped by around .100 points but I have no reason to believe whybhe wouldn't bounce back.

5. Brian Bull-Dozier

The reason why he won't bounce back is due to his injury history. While his OBP is good for a 36 year old going on 37 I believe that him drawing walks will take a hit with out EE in the lineup. Even his move to first won't save him from injury. Considering how bad he is on defense its not a good move even to first. He's only played in 27 career games at 1st as well. in those 27 games he accumulated a -9 score in total defensive contribution. That only the second worst TDC at any position in his career, being his -27 TDC in CF in 84 games. For comparison his TDC at RF is 1 in 864 games. You win baseball games with Defense and pitching. Offense helps but it isn't everything. I'll give it to him though his range factor at first is 8.82 over those 27 games although the league average is higher.

For reference I found these stats on baseball reference.

TDC=Rtot/yr Total Zone Total Fielding Runs above Average per 1200 innings

6. Hoverhand

His WAR (1.4) and wRC+(122) took massive hits in 2016 yet they were still alright.
    If he just bounces back a little because I find it odd that a 36 year old would put up superstar numbers and allnof the sudden just die at 37. The injuries definitely deteriorated his defence but his bat speed, his plate discipline, his power or contact haven't taken a noticeable hit.

as for defence sure he's probably going to be a below average 1B but I don't care so to speak. Many first basemen arent just there because they need to play somewhere and their offence makes up for it.

7. Brian Bull-Dozier

I wouldn't say that he put up super star numbers last year by any means. His WAR was 1.0 according to baseball reference. and while his WRC+ was above 100 that doesn't mean much of anything when he's averaging 140-150 WRC+ per season. in fact a 122 WRC+ really is on the high end of mediocre.

8. Hoverhand

He was 36 in 2015, he put up superstar numbers that year. this year was high end mediocre or whatever you call it.

9. MapleHawk

MapleHawk Legend 3 PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

I'd like to see Bautista sign on a 2 year deal. 3 years would be ok at a team-friendly price. His best seasons have come at north of 30 y/o and he's still a good contact hitter that can mash 30 home runs each year and bring in rbis.

10. James Dunn24

James Dunn24 Veteran