Tigsy - User Be a Pro [NHL 17]

Discussion in 'User GM Modes' started by Tigsy, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

Hyped to have gotten NHL 17 so I can start a brand new User BaP! Here's the stats so far:

First Name: The
    Last Name: Tigsy
    Position: RW
    Number: 62
    Player type: Sniper
    CHL Team: Brandon Wheat Kings

I'll be STARTING IN THE MEMORIAL CUP!

Won Memorial Cup with Brandon Wheat Kings
    Drafted 4th overall by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2016 Draft

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. BlueBull

BlueBull General Manager

3. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

BRANDON VS ROUYN NORANDA (??)

First Period

Nothing too much happened. Got a couple nice shots, playing first line RW. For the record, I'm super thrilled you can have 10 minute periods as opposed to having to play 20 minute periods last year. Makes the games much more bearable.

Second Period

We dominated most of the second period with shots, and about five minutes left in the period the Huskies take a penalty which gave us a solid chance to get the lead. I stripped one of their defenders and sniped it from the top of the faceoff circle, scoring to make it a 1-0 game! We are leading in shots at the end of the second by a margain of 21-16

Third Period

At some point early, during a sim the Huskies tie it, making it a 1-1 game. With 13 minutes left, in an offensive zone faceoff Patrick ties up the opponent, allowing me to take the puck, skate in front in backhand it top shelf. Second goal of the night, Wheat Kings leading 2-1. About halfway through the period, the Huskies tie it up during another sim, 2-2 game. With 7:16 left however, the Huskies take a penalty to give us another powerplay. Unfortunately, we aren't able to capitalize. No more goals that period, it's headed it OT!

Overtime

Got some good looks, but wasn't able to score any goals. Off to a shootout smh

Shootout

Brandon shot: Saved
    Huskies shot: Missed
    Brandon shot: Tigsy scores!
    Huskies shot: Saved
    Brandon shot: Missed
    Huskies shot: Perron scores!
    Brandon shot: Patrick scores!
    Huskies shot: Missed!
    Brandon shot: Saved
    Huskies shot: Missed!

Brandon takes the shootout win with shootout goals from Tigsy and Patrick!

GRADES:

Offense: A+
    Defense: B-
    Team Play: B+

STATS:
    G: 2
    A: 0
    PTS: 2
    +/- = +1
    S: 14
    Minutes: 20:20

4. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

BRANDON VS LONDON

First Period
    Another scoreless first period. Had my first experience with net battles, they're a pretty cool concept not gonna lie. Brandon leading shots 11-7.

Second Period
    I don't know if another line is having a good game but I definitely didn't play as many minutes this period. Blew a couple points with shots that got blocked but it was an overall decent period. No goals, but my offense is still a C.

Third Period
    About two minutes into the third, a shot from the point squeaks in on the London team. I got points for the goalie screen, nice. 1-0 game for Brandon. During the sim, about five mins in, London ties, however. About halfway through, London gets a 2-1 lead in yet another sim. Despite having some good looks, and even a powerplay with a minute left, we were unable to get the game back.

2-1 Loss to London

GRADE:
    Offense: C+
    Defense: B
    Team Play: B

Stats:
    G: 0
    A: 0
    PTS: 0
    +/- = +1
    Minutes: 18:17

Agent: Based on the games played so far, my best guess is you'll go somewhere between 1st and 8th overall in the upcoming draft.​

5. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

RED DEER VS BRANDON

First Period
    30 seconds in I get levelled, and Quinneville steps in and fights Fleury. Nice. Took the L tho. Period ends with a 3-2 game in Red Deer's favor. (Accidentally deleted half of the recap i typed and i cbf retyping it)

Second Period
    Took a slashing penalty about a minute into the period. smh. Successfully killed. With 11:55 left, Quenneville takes a penalty so it's back to the PK. With four minutes left, another Red Deer goal. Down 4-2. Fleury's second of the night. Brandon leading in shots 28-22.

Third Period
    Nothing happened, took the loss 4-2.

GRADE:
    Offense: B
    Defense: C+
    Team Play: C
    A: 1
    P: 1
    +/- = -1
    Minutes: 16:17

Need to beat London to make the Mem cup finals.

6. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

BRANDON VS LONDON
    Memorial Cup Semi Finals

First Period
    A minute and forty seconds into the game, a neat little passing play I started lands Hawreluk with a goal. I got a secondary assist as well. With a few minutes left in the period, a couple sim goals makes it a 2-1 game, Brandon still leading. The period will end with Brandon leading 2-1, and leading shots 12-5.

Second Period
    With 7:00 left in the period, a quick rush by Brandon leads to Hawreluk's second of the night. 3-1 game for Brandon. London goes on the powerplay shortly after, but it's killed off. Period ends with a 3-1 game.

Third Period
    Early in the period, Quenneville picks up my rebound and buries it to make it a 4-1 game. 6:48 left, London takes a penalty while Brandon's pouring on the pressure. Despite some good looks, the penalty's killed off. No more goals, Brandon takes the win 4-1 and is heading to the finals!

GRADE:
    Offense: A-
    Team Play: B

STATS:
    A: 2
    P: 2
    +/- = +3
    Minutes: 17:23​

7. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

BRANDON VS RED DEER
    MEM CUP FINALS

First Period
    About a minute in I get fed a breakaway, and tuck it away pretty easily. 1-0 game for Brandon. About halfway through the period, I feed it back to Hawryluk in the slot and he puts it home, making it 2-0 early. With a few minutes left, Quenneville picks up my rebound and puts it home, 3-0 game. Red Deer picks up a sim goal late though, 3-1 game. Brandon leads the shots 12-6 at the end of the period.

Second Period
    A couple sim goals early in the period makes it a 4-2 game, Brandon leading. With 7 minutes left, Red Deer gets a goal, 4-3 game. A late sim goal puts Brandon back up 5-3. Although Red Deer had a much better period, Brandon still leads the shots 23-14.

Third Period
    14:40 left in the period, I draw a penalty to put us on the powerplay. Red Deer successfully kills it off. No other goals in the game besides an empty netter, BRANDON WINS THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

GRADE:
    Offense: A-
    Team Play: B+

STATS:
    G: 1
    A: 2
    P: 3
    +/- = +2
    Minutes: 18:07

Agent: Based on your performance, I'm confident you'll go somewhere between 2nd and 6th.

That's pretty hype, this is the Matthews draft so I appreciate the realism that I wouldn't be overtaking him. Still beatin Laine tho smh​

8. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

DRAFT

Tigsy has been selected by....
    THE EDMONTON OILERS AT 4TH OVERALL!
    [​IMG]

9. BlueBull

BlueBull General Manager

congrats! your fave team

10. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

Sent down a few games into the preseason. legendary

11. MasterMatt23

MasterMatt23 Hall of Famer 2

Where did Laine go in the draft?

12. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

19 games into the AHL season, playing second line minutes with 16 points smfh