What do you think of Colorado choosing not to move any big time players

Discussion in 'Trades, Signings, & Free Agency Talk' started by AMoney0211, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMoney0211

AMoney0211 Rookie

As the trade deadline has passed, obviously the Avalanche chose not to move Duchene, MacKinnon, or Landeskog. They even held on to Varlomov only moving Iginla and and a few other guys. Do you think due to their current standing position (last in the league) which at this point seems almost solidified, they are going to pray for a lottery hit and Nolan Patrick or Nico Hischeir? Maybe go for that "accelerated rebuild" Johnny harps about in the Colorado GM mode ;D. I am interested in hearing people opinions.

2. softhands35

softhands35 Veteran 3

The draft, or July 1st is the best time to move those players imo. I think they'll do it then.

3. crispycanuck1597

crispycanuck1597 Superstar 3

they want to wait till summer because more teams iwll be interested those players have a few years left

4. frank p

frank p Legend 2

Best word to use is wise.

5. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

I think Joe Sakic is having one of those "step back to reality. Oop there goes gravity" moments right now. His asking price was way too high. There is no guarantee that he will get his wish at the draft. It's not realistic. I think it wasn't smart. We know that the Isles wanted Duchene. He should have dealt him.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Legend

Duchene won't be moved until the draft, I hope we hold on to Landeskog and MacKinnon. I was hoping the Avs would've moved some of our dead weight...aka Beauchemin, Tyutin, Soderberg, Mitchell, Comeau. I guess teams were just not interested in any of them.

7. Kirk22

Kirk22 Superstar 2

Pretty dumb but as long as they move Duchene at the draft they'll be fine. They have the last spot in the NHL locked up.

8. Brick

Brick Rookie 3

Personally I think it's smart, because it gives the Avs more flexibility at the draft. Whether to trade them for picks or instant prospects

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. MapleHawk

MapleHawk Legend 3 PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

Keeping those 3 at the deadline are fine. They could've definitely moved more with Iginla. High chance of Duchene moving during the draft. Avs can go with trading or keeping Landeskog, it doesn't really matter. MacKinnon definitely stays in Colorado.
    The 2017 draftee will go into their lineup. They're not that deep in a hole to trade 2 of those 3 players. They can make a nice turnaround next year w/ MacKinnon and Landeskog on the roster. Just keep moving out players that become meaningless to their future and current state.

10. MasterMatt23

MasterMatt23 Hall of Famer 2

I think it's smart for them. They ain't in any rush

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.