What is your favorite music genre

Discussion in 'Music' started by David Bondra, Oct 7, 2015.

1. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

Mine is hands down Rock. I'm not a huge heavy metal fan or a huge rock/rap thing (like what Linkin Park does), but classic rock from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and even some 2000s is where all the good songs are from. I like the sound as a musician personally as well, it sounds great and especially when I'm able to hear all the parts (as a musician, that is where the good stuff is at).

2. Vinny

Vinny Coach LEGEND

I tend to love classic rock too, especially the big bands like Led Zeppelin and Van Halen. Modern Rock I love as well and same with alternative. Country and mainstream hip hop are a big N O. Rap is fine, just not that TRASH fetty wap

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  3. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

I think most of the songs on my mp3 player are Rap/Hip-Hop so i'll go with that.

4. Rcaddy

Rcaddy Legend LEGEND

A bit of Classic Rock, Blues, Progressive Rock, Jazz, Fusion. Been getting into Soul/RnB lately. I like to think that I can appreciate all kinds of good music.

5. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 Commissioner

6. Ghost of Razgriz

Ghost of Razgriz Devils for the cup!

Rock and a lot of damn metal. None of the shit produced today

7. Subby Dubby Doo

Subby Dubby Doo Hall of Famer

I love rock classics! The 70's and 80's were hands-down the Golden Age for music, when bands like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Queen and Def Leppard ruled the musical world, when everything you heard was authentic and real, not computer-generated auto-tuned crap, when swearing in songs was rare because the bands knew they had younger audience, when the n word wasn't said 3 times per sentence.
    I also like a few modern bands, like Airbourne, because they sound a lot like AC/DC, my favourite band.

8. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

Classic rock and some rap music mostly

9. Bret-FlameFan

Bret-FlameFan Hall of Famer

Rock n' roll all the way :)

10. Golden Crowl

Golden Crowl Hall of Famer

I like a lot of today's pop, hip-hop, country, rap, r&b. I'm not too big on rock or heavy metal tho, I like songs with good beats and something I can rap or sing along to.

11. Pekka Rinne

Pekka Rinne Veteran 2

For me it's country, some mainstream, some older country, and a lot in between. Anything with some twang I can get into, Zac Brown Band, Eric Church, The Cadillac three, Jon Pardi, and Tim McGraw to name a few. After that, The next best things for me to listen to is rock, some from the 70s to some of today's rock. I can listen to AC/DC to like Kings of Leon. Then third, I've been getting into some reggae. Super chill music, Jimmy Cliff, Bob Marley.
    Any mainstream pop, hip hop, or rap I just about can't stand. Only a tad of mainstream rock. I'm not really a fan of metal either. Music that intense doesn't really fit for my ears. When I listen to music, it's more of music I can chill, and relax to.

12. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

Can't agree more with this part. Mainstream songs SUCK in our day and age now. I freaking can't stand pop anymore. I also agree with the soothing songs, I do listen to classical music sometimes because it's nice and relaxing whereas like rap songs are just not soothing at all.

13. NikotheSensFan

NikotheSensFan Superstar

My best favourite is greek bouzouki music so much love and soul in the music. Since i move to canada i now like the classic rock and metal to

14. Karl GZ

Karl GZ General Manager: CHI Blackhawks

Umm... the songs on my phone are mixed genres so I don't have a favourite.

15. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

well my focuses are changing slightly. Still lots and lots and lots of rock, but I'm more into some subgenres and I'm dabbling more and more into metal. For the most part, I was a Van Halen, Rush, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, the Who, and Led Zeppelin fan. Now, I have dabbled more into other genres and I'm a fan of Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Kiss, Muse, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Primus, Tool, Joe Satriani, Oasis (I classify them as hard pop, aka, light rock with pop factors), ever other band Josh Homme has played for, Yes, Bad Company, Joan Jett, and Genesis. Some more than others, but my love for experimental rock is still there. It's why I'm such a huge Muse and Rush fan; they're so good and I like the experimentation in their music. Same with Deep Purple.

16. Hornets27

Hornets27 HoRNETS x GiROUX28

Progressive rock is my favorite because well you know why. I'm also a big jazz fan.

17. PGen98

PGen98 Retired Relic LEGEND

...a little shocked I haven't responded to this already. At any rate, my favourite genre is Metal, but I also love some hard rock, and as a product of the '90s and early '00s, I'm also an alternative and grunge fan, along with a good deal of classic rock.

18. Air Cespedes

Air Cespedes Superstar

I've been into Rap for my whole life, I'm more of a fan of street or "gangsta rap". Kendrick Lamar, A$AP Rocky and Meek Mill are my favorites.

19. Leafs

Leafs Hall of Famer 2 LEGEND

Alternative rock is probably my favourite, I also like classic rock.

20. JamieBenn

JamieBenn Pro 3

huge fan of 60s and 70s classic rock with some 80s. I do like hard rock from the 60s and 70s and prog does appeal to me along with older guys like the Kinks. Most of it is the big names of the 70s and 60s (The Who, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Boston, Yes, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, The Kinks, Queen, Credence Clearwater Revival, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Genesis [Gabriel > Collins], and Dire Straits.) 80s does not appeal to me, it is too hard for me. However, I have been liking Def Leppard's sound. Metal somewhat appeals to me, but again, too hard for me. I do like Deep Purple and Black Sabbath's first three albums, but that is it. I HATE punk, funk, and I'm not entirely fond of alternative and fuck grunge. I do enjoy Pearl Jam, Joan Jett, and some Extreme however.