CGY What's going on Calgary team.

Discussion in 'National Hockey League' started by Matt Lee, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM.

1. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

:cal:well :cal lose four straight games to :ana.

Game one: :cal score two goals
    Game two: :cal score two goals again
    Game three: :cal lead 4-1 on 3rd period. Their defense is a worst and lose in overtime
    Game four: :cal coach switch a goalie and can't score another goal on last minute remain in 3rd period.

:cal has give up 14 opponent goals. They can't buy another goal with trail by one goal.

Calgary has a problem with defense and goalie. They need to retool on offseason.

Here is my option for :cal draft:

:cal has to find a shutdown defenseman on draft and some depth forward.

Here is my question to :cal fan:
    Which goalie to keep on next season. Chad Johnson, Brian Elliot or rookie goalie name Gilles.

Either way, there will be big fish on goalie and defenseman free agent.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 11:44 AM
  2. TheCalgaryMan

TheCalgaryMan Rookie 2 LEGEND

I love Johnson, but...

Keep Elliot, a veteran Gillies (Or Parson) can learn from.
    Goaltending wasn't the problem.

Re-do our 4th line.

Re-do our bottom pair.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Superstar 3

Brodie, Giordano, Hamilton

Monahan, Backlund, Bennet, Tkachuck, Gaudreau, Frolik, Ferland,

Gillies and Parson better grow for you guys.

4. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

I have a spectacular shut down defenseman for you guys. Goes by the name of Dmitri Kulikov. Man is a beast among men. Hits hard, SHUTS DOWN the opponent's offense in his zone. Never a liability, doesn't shoot a ton, but when he does it's a bomb. I hear your Dougie Hamilton guy isn't doing too good. If you threw in like a Sean Monahan with Dougie I guess we'd give up Kulikov and we'd even throw in another ELITE two way defenseman in Josh Gorges. A deal you can't turn down.

5. Clint Eastwood

The more I hear how bad Dougie Hamilton has been doing, the more glad we traded for a draft pick that turned into Brandon Carlo. Carlo > Hamilton. Since we got McAvoy now, we have that elite offensive defenseman

6. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Boston will have an elite defensive core in a year or two. They're getting screwed in the playoffs right now because of their lack of defensive depth.

7. Clint Eastwood

True. Here is my defensive core in 3-ish years (give or take)

Krug - Carlo/McAvoy
    Lauzon - Carlo/McAvoy
    Zboril - Colin Miller

Note: Zboril is very hit or miss, he is either never gonna make it or be a solid top 6 defenseman and penalty killer. Lauzon is looking great as in the Q he has 28 points/39 games, and more importantly he is +25 currently and last year he was +40 and had 50 points in 47 games and shoots left. He will be great. C. Miller is awesome, he should be with us in the future, Carlo and McAvoy are amazing. Krug is already a star.

Another note about Lauzon: In a game he got a skate blade to the neck. Those injuries disgust me and the reason I don't play hockey. He went under surgery.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM
  8. HudlerHugs

HudlerHugs Veteran 3

LOL, Dougie has been spectacular all year in Calgary, he just had a rough couple of games in the playoffs, Carlo is nowhere near Hamilton's level yet.

9. HudlerHugs

HudlerHugs Veteran 3

Keep Johnson, sign Bishop. Or get rid of Johnson as well and run with Bishop and Gillies.

10. HudlerHugs

HudlerHugs Veteran 3

After Game 4 I don't think there is any chance Elliott will be back. And in the playoffs Elliott was absolutely one the the big problems.

The bigger concern for me is actually the third line, Bennett needs some decent linemates, Chiasson and Stajan on the 4th line is fine.

Engelland at a cheaper price, and Bartkowski is a pretty decent bottom pair. I think people are overreacting to us just getting completely outmatched by a better team. I also think the really to re-sign Stone.

11. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

Johnson is amazing. I really wanted Buffalo to keep him. Completely capable of being a #1.

12. AlClemBee9575

AlClemBee9575 Superstar 3

Goaltending was most certainly your problem! If anything, keeping Johnson is your best bet. Because when you pull Elliot after he allows one measly goal, you've lost faith in him completeley