Who are some of your favorite prospects this year?

Discussion in 'Prospects/Draft' started by JTKazmier, May 5, 2017.

1. JTKazmier

JTKazmier Rookie

Outside of the top 2 guys who are some guys you like or might be under the radar?

I really like Nicholas Hague, the defenseman from Mississauga. He's 6 foot 6 and skates well for a big man. He also has offensive skills, can shoot the puck, and anchor a power play.

I see similarities between him and Victor Hedman.

2. Frankie

Frankie Hall of Famer 3

Erik Brännström and Kailer Yamamoto. Both highly skilled players and would be really happy if the Rangers could get their hands on one of them in this years draft. Brännström is a smooth skating defenseman with great offensive instincts. Yamamoto is an electric forward with tons of skill. Again, I'd be really happy if the Rangers came away with either of them.

3. Andy Lehoux

Andy Lehoux Rookie 2

I really like Kailer Yamamoto and Kole Lind. Yamamoto is undersize but really talented. Kole Lind is just really offensive

4. JTKazmier

JTKazmier Rookie

In my mock, I have the Rangers taking Conor Timmins from the Soo I think. Brannstrom should be there when the Rags pick. Yamamoto is hard to project. He is down around the late first round, but I could see him come flying up to the mid first.

5. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

Nicolas Suzuki, Robert Thomas, and Jaret-Anderson Dolan. If Nashville stays at 16 they'll likely take Lias Andersson, Eeli Tolvanen, or Kristian Vesalainan IMO, but if Suzuki drops down to 16 that would be amazing if we got him. If they drop down to 28 or lower I'm hoping they select Dolan or Thomas (However Thomas is unlikely to drop that far).

6. Frankie

Frankie Hall of Famer 3

Lots of analytic teams will be all over Yamamoto. Super skilled and just a great player. Timmins is good, but I prefer Brannstrom.
    Nick Suzuki is such a smart player. Big part of the Owen Sound team. I am not convinced he falls to 16. Possible, but in my unexpert opinion, unlikely.

7. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

I have him going 13 or 15 (Jets, or Isles). It would be ridiculous if he drops out of the top 15.

8. JTKazmier

JTKazmier Rookie

I also really like Eeli Tolvanen. With the left-handed NHL ready shot I could see him being used in that Nikita Kucherov spot in the right circle on the power play. Like Kuch, I think this kid could be a 40-goal guy.

9. Rudolfs Balcers

Rudolfs Balcers Rookie

Gotta put some respect on my man Cody Glass. That dude is so underrated

10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Superstar 3

Real question is that will he be as good as Tanner Glass?

11. Rudolfs Balcers

Rudolfs Balcers Rookie

HAHAHAHHHA

12. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

Brady Skjei continues to amaze me with his play. And also Vesey has been solid this past year.

13. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

I like Yammamoto. He could be a similar player to Maxim Afinoganov or even Theoron Fluery. Other than that, I like Hague. He could be the next big defenseman or he could be the next Tyler Myers and never amount to much.

14. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Superstar 3

This year, Skjei has proven for sure that he is more than a prospect.

15. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 2

My favorite prospect in the Sabres organization is a tie between Alex Nylander and Brenden Guhle. Nylander has everything you want in a growing organization. He's young, fast, exciting, has a dangerous shot, and his hair has a personality all of its own. Once he puts on some weight, look out for the guy who's nickname is Snipe Show. Guhle is great because at such a young age, he already has so much poise. On and off the ice he's a very collected guy with a lot of skill. He plays a great transition game and isn't afraid to jump in on the rush which is something the Sabres defense definitely needs. He carries himself like a man and will be a great player in Buffalo for a very long time. I'm excited for both these guys to find their way onto the roster full time.

16. Mikhail Sergachev22

Mikhail Sergachev22 Rookie 2

My favorite prospect besides the top 2 guys is probably my man Cody Glass or Nicolas Hague. I love Cody Glass mainly he's a man from my home city (Winnipeg) and I can see him being a pretty decent scorer in the league.
    I like Hague mainly because he's a big defenseman (like Logan Stanley) and is also not that bad of an offensive producer or skater.