Why do people like HUT?

Discussion in 'Hockey Ultimate Team' started by Stephen A. Smith, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

Why do you people like HUT I truly don't understand? It seems like an All-Star team vs mode online so what's the appeal? I can understand the off ice product looks cool, and seems fun, however the way you earn the coin in order to get the players you want is pretty awful. I just don't get it people.

2. Chucky For 1st Line

Chucky For 1st Line Superstar

Because we're all ******* stupid

3. Sans

Sans Legend 3

It's just fun working the market, and having the ability to change the way things work in the market if you have the power to do so. A monopoly of sorts. I guess the extra players like legends, and heroes are cool too.

4. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 Coach

I hate HUT, the main point of Hut is basically pay to win. If you have money and decide to blow it on HUT backs you basically can beat any opponents you face. I find earning enough coins to buy new packs and work your way up throughout the divisions without paying money is difficult. I really don't see why some many people enjoy HUT. In NHL 16 I would get on HUT once or twice when I was bored and I would stop playing 10 minutes in, its not a enjoyable mode that gets me hooked on for hours such as be a gm, be a pro and WCOH and Expansion mode which I am sure will get me hooked. There are a lot of better modes in NHL than HUT, in fact HUT is one of the worst NHL modes which is terrible considering it is the only mode which gets more than enough attention.

5. Sans

Sans Legend 3

We can agree to disagree.

6. Saud

Saud Veteran 3

I really dislike HUT

7. Charles Jr.

Charles Jr. Legend 3

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Superstar 3

I know why people like hut. So they can glitch and cross crease through four defenders and then feel good about themselves because they have won 10 div titles man!

9. Creed101

Creed101 Rookie 2

You never know what you shall get.

10. ezione

ezione Hall of Famer

I think the fact of that it's "your team" and you manage the team

11. Lights

Lights Superstar 3

Cause they feel like it

12. LordK6

LordK6 Veteran 2

13. James Dunn24

James Dunn24 Veteran

People like it because it's cool to build a team with players they like. Also it's a single player mode unlike EASHL so it's more easy to pick up and play at any moment

14. TutelaryFiber

TutelaryFiber Rookie

HUT just fits me. For now. The market is probably the biggest thing. I like to micro manage and make as good deals as possible. There is no other game mode that provides the feeling of making a steal in the market.

Making coins through the market can get boring so that's not the main thing. The biggest reward is seing your team improve over time. To make it as optimized as possible. To get the players that fit your game plan the best. And the synergies bring a whole new level to that in NHL 17.

Also the competetive aspect is the thing for many players. For me it's fun as long as I win most of the games and the gameplay feels fair. That's propably why most of the top players use "cheese" tactics. They are gaming the game and I think that's the right thing to do if you want to play to win. For me the "pay to win" aspect is far more annoying.

You can counter the cheese, and that seperates a good player from a bad one. A good player can adapt to his opponents play style, but the bad one just hits his head against the wall and gets frustrated. If you don't like to play against players who do everything to win, then HUT might not be for you. As simple as that.

Don't put money on HUT. It ruins it. It's more rewarding to build your team and win games without money. I take HUT as a challenge and as a journey. My goal is to win the div 1 title "free to play" and after I've done that, I can be proud of myself that I have beaten HUT. It's going to take time. There is going to be bitter moments on the way. But like anything, it's not a challenge without them.

I've spoken. Thanks.

15. Clint Eastwood

What i got out of it. You like hut because you like glitch goals or what you said "cheesing"

16. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

it's a great gamemode on paper, but the execution of it is shitty as hell. Diamond Dynasty does it far better.

17. Clint Eastwood

Bingo, the idea is brilliant, yet with shitty AI and abusing computers is so easy, it isn't fun. With the sets, special cards, packs, and divisions, it is great, but then you try and play a game and you triple cover a guy, they cross crease it and none of your guys block it

18. TutelaryFiber

TutelaryFiber Rookie

I didn't say I like HUT becouse of it. It just doesn't matter to me that much. Of course I get frustrated too but most of the time I could have played better also. If people want to win, they are going to do what ever it takes. It is just natural.

19. Creed101

Creed101 Rookie 2

For some it feels like a trading card game if that makes sense? Where you collect or try your favorite cards/players. And use them in a game.

20. Saud

Saud Veteran 3

I know right lol