World Series Favorite This Year?

Discussion in 'MLB' started by David Bondra, Dec 7, 2016.

1. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

After a pretty crazy offseason, I say the Red Sox are the AL favorites without a doubt with the Tigers and Indians being the second and third best teams in the AL. As for the NL, it is still Chicago (assuming they can keep last year's team as intact as possible), Washington, and LA.

Boston - they have a really good offensive squad and now have unquestionably the best rotation in the AL, pushing best rotation in the MLB.

Cleveland - Lindor will continue to improve and the rotation is still together which is key for them since that was the reason they did so well

Detroit - Verlander's still good, Miggy's still amazing, Fulmer will improve, it's just a team that I look at and say "man, how are they not a playoff team?" They have the roster to do it, I say this year is the breakout season for them

Washington - Harper can bounce back, Strasburg and Scherzer are amazing, and other players such as Murphy, Turner, and Rendon will help

LA - Clayton Kershaw, Cory Seager, nuff said

Chicago - they won it last year. If they can keep that squad together, they will remain favorites.

2. Sam F.

Sam F. Hall of Famer 2 LEGEND

Best team in the AL right now is definitely the Boston Red Sox. Amazing rotation, great team, and they got some young studs there. Second would probably be the Cleveland Indians and third best either the Texas Rangers or Toronto Blue Jays.

Best team in the NL are the Chicago Cubs. Just acquired Wade Davis who is a great replacement for Aroldis Chapman (assuming he doesn't go back) and they have a great YOUNG team. Second place are the LA Dodgers and third place Washington Nationals/New York Mets

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  3. Lights

Lights Superstar 3

Forgot the Mets

4. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck General Manager

I want to say :redsox vs :cubs but everytime it looks like it finally going to happen one or both of them don't make it so i pick :cleveland vs :dodgers

5. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

I don't think the Mets are there. They are certainly close, they have a great rotation and some great pieces, but they're just not there in terms of being a contender.

6. MapleHawk

MapleHawk Legend 3 PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

Since the point of this thread is World Series favourite for 2017, I gotta go with BOS and CHC because they are the clear favourites by the majority of people.

In the NL, :cubs for sure. Lineup looks good, the impact of an elite closer is still there with Davis coming in. Depth is good enough. Rotation is good with 3 intact pitchers and hopefully Lackey comes in with a decent season. Mike Montgomery should get the push up to the rotation IMO. Mid pen is also pretty good with Edwards Jr. and Grimm, Rondon and Strop.

Yea the :nationals look good too I guess.

In the AL, I'd go with :astros. Huge key signings (REDDICK ABSOLUTE STEAL). A lineup with Reddick, Beltran, Correa, Altuve, Springer and Bregman has some good potential. They've got plenty of options to go with in the pen. However idek if their rotation would do any good. Houston's really put themselves in a good spot. Could definitely top the West if things go their way.

I also think the :yankees can maybe sneak into a wild card spot or even top the division as I'm not really sold on :redsox or :jays for now. Their squad looks pretty trash but their youngsters can really carry them at least to the middle of the AL East.

Also have a feeling the :athletics might surprise but yea they look like trash for now.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  7. Leafer

Leafer MVP PICK'EM CHAMP